Sign in to follow this  
Drogos

Micro paving

In the current game, you have the option to pave a whole tile and it's corners. What if you could hold down control key, and scroll with the mouse to increase, or decrease a grid overlay on that tile, and then pave that sub grid as you like, up to a resolution of 10x10? Releasing the control key would put you back to normal mode, so paving would happen while still holding control down. Material cost would be the same for each paving action independent of its size. This would mean we could make paths and stuff like that without any new graphics needed to be implemented. Just had to share my two cents there on this idea.

Edit: For easier implementation, each tile could be a grid of 8x8 "subtiles", when scrolling once, it would be 2x2, scrolling twice, it would be 4x4 and last 8x8.

Edit 2: When it comes to graphics, it would not even need to do any scaling, it would just clip out that piece of the tile. This would also result in seamless transitions between them.

Edited by Drogos
  • Like 11

Interesting concept that would lead to prettier and more uniform path ways! +1

• Like 1

+1 that would been really nice! walking paths.. Love it!

Edited by Orando

I like the idea a lot but I have a feeling it is not going to be easy to implement due to the way Wurm store the tile types. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KillerSpike said:

I like the idea a lot but I have a feeling it is not going to be easy to implement due to the way Wurm store the tile types. 

Not sure if they take on volunteers these days? But if they do, I would be willing to implement it.

• Like 1

Maybe to show them you could make it work in WU first?

• Like 1