Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

Looking to join a village as a helping hand

A few things about me

My name is Octavia, I'm 17 years old and I come from Moldova - a small ex-soviet country from the Eastern Europe. Besides English, I speak Romanian, Ukrainian and Russian natively, so I'll also be more than OK to join a non-English village where one of these other languages is used. I love outdoors activities (like hiking and camping), endurance sports (finished my first marathon at 14) and computer games (my main game is Hearthstone which I played semi-competitively). I tried the game a few years ago, when I was about 12, but I found it too complex for me at that time, so I gave up on it, but kept checking the forums every now and then and always had in mind to try to come back when I'd be older, so when the game was launched on Steam I jumped in the wagon, set myself a small deed and been in love with the game ever since. I do have a problem finding a purpose right now though, hence why I'm looking for a different approach. If you want to find out more about me, please send me a PM either here or on Discord (Bloodreina#8570).

What I would offer / bring to the table

First of all, I will be willing to do any odd job you might have (skill giving ones only though, so no pan filling or alike) during my playtime (which should account to an average of two hours per day). If you want to check my skills to see what I can do right away, here's the latest skill dump. Please note though that I'm willing to skill up anything else you'd need me to. Since all my work would belongs to you, that would mean you'd also get any rares or gems I would get (either we talk about rare mats like clay or logs or rare finished products like tools).

Last, but not least, as I previously said I'm a very social and positive person, so I think you'd also get some nice company for all those boring grinding sessions. :) 

What payment I would request

Although I'm really looking forward for this, I'm not so desperate to get a deal as to undersell myself, so I think that asking for 20 silvers per month (which averages to 67c per day or 33c per hour) would be reasonable for both of us. Also, please note that I don't need any other facilities or assistance - I'll use my own tools, cook my own food, etc.

Obviously, I would ideally look for a deed/community to join for the long run, and, but if you'd only want me for a month or a couple of months, that would be ok too.

Final request

This is posted in Classified ads sections, and I think I'm very fair and transparent with what I'm offering and what I'm requesting. Now, only time will tell if there will be anyone to take my offer or not, but please refrain yourself from any price checks, comments or criticism. Also, if you want to offer your services at a better price or anything, feel free to open a new thread and do so, but please do not derail my thread. Thanks!

Edited by Bloodreina
  • Like 3

Добро пожаловать в игру! К сожалению, я не играю там где вы находитесь. But wanted to wish you best of luck, anyway. You sound like a nice person :)

Since I dropped from the Path of Love, I can no longer enchant grass; as a result, I also lowered my price from 30s per month to 20s per month (which averages to 67c per day or 33c per hour).

20 silver a month costs more than the upkeep of most settlements that would need your skills... 

Although i can appreciate what you're trying to do, i'm not so certain there's anyone willing to pay a monthly fee to hire a villager.

Most jobs pay per action (creating tunnels, surface mining, panfilling, creating bulk goods like support beams, mortar/bricks/concrete).

You'd have more success in this if you would list the things you can do, and charge per item.  

"I'll come to your deed and build you 30 large crates for 10s" or "I'll mine 10k iron from your mine for 10s" or something of the like.  

2 hours ago, Smokes said:

Although i can appreciate what you're trying to do, i'm not so certain there's anyone willing to pay a monthly fee to hire a villager.

Most jobs pay per action (creating tunnels, surface mining, panfilling, creating bulk goods like support beams, mortar/bricks/concrete).

You'd have more success in this if you would list the things you can do, and charge per item.  

"I'll come to your deed and build you 30 large crates for 10s" or "I'll mine 10k iron from your mine for 10s" or something of the like.  

I'll start by saying that this was more of a long shot and I never really counted on this for being able to support my play; it was more like "if it will be someone interested that's cool, if not there's absolutely no tragedy - both premium account and deed upkeep are paid for more than one year ahead, so it's not like I depend on getting a gig for being able to play.

Other than that, while I totally agree with you that most jobs are following a pay-per-action system, I imagined there might be people that don't necessarily need a specific task completed, but just prefer to have someone around to help them with whatever project they might work at any given time; also I would have hated to turn this exclusively in a contract starting to count bricks and dimes, instead of just helping with whatever might be needed.

Anyway, it's quite obvious that my assumptions were wrong and there's not a market for this, so I guess this can be closed.