Sign in to follow this  
Elwood2

Academy of enlightenment (newb academy

Hear ye, hear ye!

As of earlier  today, I've refounded the Academy of Enlightenment.

A small hint to its predecestor on independence ran by me and Dannyiron from 2009 to 2013  

During its 4 years of being around the Academy was home to a several dozen players, many were tought the basics of Wurm in its crude basic form,  while some quit, others stuck around becoming long term players of wurm.

I have noticed during the past 4 months on Northern Freedom Isles that no  such thing as a newb academy exists, or at least that I am fully aware off (correct me if i am wrong).

Our goal: Help new players find their way into Wurm and earn their footing, hopefully making them long term players as Wurm notoriously has a steep learning curve and low new player retention percentage.

Who am I? Most  know me as Elwood from the Southern Freedom Isles, born on Jenn-Kellon home before migrating to independence to join Dannyiron as a elder before eventually moving across the servers  throughout the years. I have been a CA myself so I know how important certain aspects are to new players and how to keep their interest in the game.

Elder Team:  

Elwoode

Ilyich

Quelliz

Allies:

Genehunt

How to contact us? Either pm Elwoode  ingame, or Elwood2 on the forums, if you cant wait you can head over to our discord server and file in a request and we'll  try to get back to you as soon as we are able too.

https://discord.gg/rZNBPDRuRk

Sponsors:

Shout out to Dunsel for providing us with horses! our  grattitude cannot be expressed with words!

Progression of the deed

HBMuRz9.jpg

ukAQSZg.jpg

2RIaFhs.jpg

fGNCJnR.jpg

htpAr92.jpg

OAQKRNR.jpg

Edited by Elwood2
  • Like 15
  • Cat 1

As of today we started co-operating with our local Horse Breeder Dunsel on melody, thanks alot my friend!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elwood2 said:

As of today we started co-operating with our local Horse Breeder Dunsel on melody, thanks alot my friend!

Most welcome. Once you guys are ready to brave the roads of Melody or acquire a ship with cages, I'm sure there'll be more where those came from.

• Like 1

updated OP with 2 more pictures! we're at 14  newbs,  3-4 of which already went premium, up to 5-6 elders, lots of allies and friends!

what ya waiting for ?!?

I love this :) I've heard wonderful things about the original Academy. I live almost on top of the old one on Independence and have quite a few tokens from it's cache ❤️

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

I love this :) I've heard wonderful things about the original Academy. I live almost on top of the old one on Independence and have quite a few tokens from it's cache ❤️

Well thank you.
we at the academy  appriciate your kind words whole heartily!
feel free to visit us on melody or visit our discord! ❤️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elwood2 said:

Well thank you.
we at the academy  appriciate your kind words whole heartily!
feel free to visit us on melody or visit our discord! ❤️

I unfortunately have completely lost my motivation for the northern servers :P But, I wish you lots of success with your new Academy, and if I ever do make it back I may consider coming to help out :)

Love what you doing, takes me back many years to Inde, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Good deal. And I’ll take any graduates that want to try village life :)