Sign in to follow this  
Yng

Non-citizens role settings

As a mayor I would like to have non-citizens role settings, similar to the citizens role settings, so that I can assign the same settings for all my friends and won't have to make these same settings over and over again like I have to do in the current system. 

The non-citizen roles are not exactly roles but player specific permissions, which makes it very labor intensive to set up and maintain. 

• Like 2

Cant you just make one role then add all your friends and other to that role ?????

5 minutes ago, Maiya said:

Cant you just make one role then add all your friends and other to that role ?????

How to do that? I never could add more than one player to any self created role. Am I doing something wrong?

10 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

How to do that? I never could add more than one player to any self created role. Am I doing something wrong?

Try this:

Make the new role 

Have ur friends added to village 

go to: Citizen managment on ur deedpaper 

add the friend u got there to the new role ....(each new citizen is showed there) 

the name on that list got a arrow u can open to see role list 

ohh this maybe only work for citizen not non citizen 😕

Edited by Maiya

Right, that is the issue. There are a few "group roles", like citizen, non citizen, alliance . What I would like, would be a few self created group roles where one could define the permissions (as far as the own ones go), then assign players to it. Instead I can only create a role, and either assign a player, or a deed to it.

• Like 1

My problem exactly Ekcin. I would like to define different roles and simply assign the role to the players or multiple players to a role, the effect will be the same.

20 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Right, that is the issue. There are a few "group roles", like citizen, non citizen, alliance . What I would like, would be a few self created group roles where one could define the permissions (as far as the own ones go), then assign players to it. Instead I can only create a role, and either assign a player, or a deed to it.

Yes if I create a role "Friends" then I should be able to add more ppl to it after I added the first one ...and without add them as citizens ....hopefully we can do this one day :)

• Like 1

I'm here to say, my name is Amata and I support this suggestion. 

I'd like to be able to make a perms group called "Priests" - and grant divine spell perms to the priests that I know and trust. I want a group called "Merchants" that will allow anyone added to that role to have perms to place NPC, load and unload, and other such perms as might be needed by those trusted folk who come round with deliveries, or want to set up a merchant in my little town-square area, or i've hired to transport/deliver goods I've sold, etc. 

Bonus points if the group roles could show up on the menus for gate, door, building perms just like "citizen" and "trusted friends" do, not just a user-defined role in the role management menu.

• Like 2

not sure if it would work but you could try using the Trusted friends setting and maybe set the perms that way or use the Add a role under the manage roles for your deed?  not sure if itd work but might try it