Sign in to follow this  
Wurmfarm

Revert imbuing and rune changes. Give northern Freedom something else.

- This is too late to fix on the old servers without pissing off the majority of player base...

- My assumption is you are doing this to prevent the new servers from becoming like the old servers saturated with high quality lumps.

- You previously said you wont merge the servers so... make the new servers have a different item that imbues.

- If these changes are just a preperation for a server merge then i hope people see that...

1 hour ago, Wurmfarm said:

- You previously said you wont merge the servers 

Where did u read this ?????

• Like 2

They previously said if it goes well they don't intend to merge them.

Those of us who are used to their deceptive practices know that it was only inevitable...

I'm just saying this is an obvious sign they have no intent to keep them seperate.

12 minutes ago, Wurmfarm said:

They previously said if it goes well they don't intend to merge them.

Those of us who are used to their deceptive practices know that it was only inevitable...

I'm just saying this is an obvious sign they have no intent to keep them seperate.

No they did not. You just read what you wanted to read. What they said is they don't intend merge in near future, and can't say if merge will happen.. To be honest it's pretty obvious merge will happen from the start, just a matter of time, even if that time is in years. And they for sure won't shoot them in a foot as many times before and shut that door forever if they start to seperate clusters feature wise.

And i would rather have this retarded change than close that doors forever(change per se isn't that bad with a little tweakings, problem is the way it's shoved down, and how it takes very little things in consideration, inconsistency and most of all why they allowed gathering rune to be so overpowered in the first time. I don't know whose work runes where but it wasn't something that was put down with some deep thinking). 

• Like 2

98 ql vein 100 imbue and gather rune with 95.44 mining yields a max of 96.87.  

That makes imbuing pointless at higher levels of mining...

So the people that mined up truck loads of 100 ql iron are gonna reap big profit. sweet.

what a surprise... 

7 hours ago, Wurmfarm said:

So the people that mined up truck loads of 100 ql iron are gonna reap big profit. sweet.

what a surprise... 

Imbues will raise the lower ql, not the higher ql more 

So you'll see a raise in the average quality of what you mine.

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

AKA it is pointless if you have mining skill?

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Actually quite curious what this exactly means, as it might not be usefull as you guys think maybe. For example im mining 90ql vein with 90 skill with imbue, my goal is to have bigger amount of 90ql ores with imbued pickaxe, wheater i should have the rest at 30 or 40 or 50 ql doesnt concern me, in fact its counter productive to have medium ql vaste instead of low ql as low ql vaste can be utilized for grinding(excpecialy for metalurgy)... The fact that average ql of pule is now 80 instead of 70 also doesnt concern me as i want the maximum number of highest posible ql and the rest is waste

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Actually quite curious what this exactly means, as it might not be usefull as you guys think maybe. For example im mining 90ql vein with 90 skill with imbue, my goal is to have bigger amount of 90ql ores with imbued pickaxe, wheater i should have the rest at 30 or 40 or 50 ql doesnt concern me, in fact its counter productive to have medium ql vaste instead of low ql as low ql vaste can be utilized for grinding(excpecialy for metalurgy)... The fact that average ql of pule is now 80 instead of 70 also doesnt concern me as i want the maximum number of highest posible ql and the rest is waste

Exactly this. Looking at the formula which they are using it's completely irrelevant that undesirable ql ore will increase in ql to a slightly higher, but still undesirable, quality. What high miners want more of is the max ql ore, so if I understand mining correctly the imbue would be vastly more useful if it also decreased action difficulty, as the less difficult the action the more max ql stuff you get, right?

Now I don't think that the changes should be reverted, especially the rune changes seem very fair to me, but imbues certainly need a buff of some kind on the higher end so they give more max ql ores. Right now the stuff is simply too rare/expensive for it's effect.

The mechanics also definitely shouldn't differ between NFI and SFI, as then it would become an obstacle for the inevitable merger of both clusters.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 2

we just have to sulk it in again, that mining and WC imbues are now a complete pointless garbage, aka they dont exist. No high skilled miner actually gets anything out of it, its pointless now, no low skilled miner will ever have imbues either as they are too rare, too expensive and like 98% of those players never even seen a goblin leader in game.. Its a bit hilarious tho, that an end game item (potions) actually do not give you anything in the end game as they are really designed now for the newbies to have lmao. not really bothered personally about the same on woodcutting, mainly because 100QL logs are not that much needed, only for improving and also every tree sort of is "outmost" QL until you cut it, not like mining, where you have to find 92+Ql vein first.. but ores/shards are needed in bulk quantities.  Like anyone who ever tried to craft a 99.99 QL boat lock trully knows how many 100QL iron lumps goes into making 1 specific lock lol. Devs can talk anything they want about the better averages on low end etc, sure it works that way, but as some one with high skill and high grade pickaxe i just leave to rot on the floor anything that is less than 90QL as there mats are as useful as wood scraps.. So are mining and WC imbues now. 

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 2

Dont worry they wont even consider changing it since its all about northern freedom isles now... though this doesnt help them since its useless lol.

Pretty sneaky that you did this after the black friday sale.

Edited by Wurmfarm

On 12/30/2020 at 11:56 AM, Wurmfarm said:

what a surprise... 

This is with a rare pick btw so effectively the gather rune and 100 imbue give a totaly of .43 to max ore...

The changes were needed, and the team deserves some credit for finally having the courage to change things that have been unbalanced for years. Better late than never.

would be nice if every time there was an unbalanced feature that literally everyone knew about it didn't take 7 years of exploitations to change it. its a recurring pattern.

• Like 1

i bet next in line is a massive meditation nerf so we dont have to meditate ever again. i remember they have mentioned that earlier on too, that it needs "balancing" 🤣