Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

Uniques penning and private killings

5 minutes ago, Bekador said:

-meh doublepost-

Edited by Bekador

2 hours ago, Bekador said:

I dont call 1.250 Silver for a complete set of Dragonscale (according to the latest prices in trade chat) on NFI a sane and healthy thing for the game.

Certainly not, but an inevitable consequence of 3 isolated servers with half of the community. Punishing the other half for is not a solution, and further code split would be a disaster. Bad enough that there is some already, hoping it will be fixed, not worsened.

That said, a scale set is not cheap in SFI either, 75s per kg scale on average. That means bit more than a third of the price mentioned for a complete set. Fair when taking in account 8 vs 3 servers, and backlog in unique hunting and hoarding materials. 

It also shows the direction prices would go in case of a merge.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

Ey this is a public forum we all have a voice and a right to use it.

I miss how it used to be in the old days on SFI, in my years on wurm I've attended many public slayings both dragon/drake and humanoid and there has been some nice people throughout the years. In some cases after the slaying they would even do rolls on EVERY butchered item, this included tomes and rare bones then there was a certain man in red scale armor (Some vets will remember this one) that started a unique hunting crew and we started seeing a lot of private slaying happen and the ones that were public is basically what we see now on NFI, you show up land a hit or 3 you take your blood and your 0.01kg of scale/hide and GTFO. Not a lot of fun but hey lets not complain about free stuff right.

Then recently I helped someone pen a hatchling and let me say as a first timer we did struggle, it took us over 4 hours to get the silly beast in a pen only to discover it doesn't like to be penned, it does not give you enough time to do a strongwall cast so yes money had to be spent to get it in the hole in the first place, then money had to be spent to deed it and keep it in the hole... Things I've always known in the back of my head but we tend to forget these things when we feel salty seeing private slaying.

Then discussions started as to whether we are going to do a public slaying or a private slaying and for more than a week we had our minds made up to do it public... then, we started doing the planning and realized that organizing a public slaying is kinda stressful and requires a lot of work. A lot of us were not up for this task and our minds shifted to doing it private. We kept it in the alliance and close friends and family, we set a date and time, we all got together and murdered the beast, no stress no drama.

Bottom line is, The rewards from doing a private slaying on a dragon or hatchling is too good to pass up. Nothing is stopping anyone from leaving their deed and looking for them, if you find one get yourself a shaker orb (4s from traders), create a mine, get some villagers to sacrifice, lure it into the hole, shake your shaker orb and deed the hole.... It sounds simple but its not, but its not impossible to do. What I can say though, is I was really thinking hard of contacting one of the Unique hunting crews to enquire about what is required to join them, but Whitefawn changed my mind about that with their post. 

Wurm has many aspects the same as real life and its the same in this case, if you don't like the way the current unique hunting parties are doing things, then go out there and do it yourself, I know I sure will. Get a couple mates you trust spread out and go find your own uniques, then you can do with them what you want.

• Like 2

I agree that it is a lot of work to get a public slaying running, especially when one does not have the infra so perfectly set up as at Stanlee's place, and the incredible skill and experience of this group. But I must say that it is also a lot of fun, or at least was for me every time. 

That said, I understand every private slayer, and reject scolding them as greedy or egotist.

• Like 1

I think that, at one time or another, I've held most of the opinions shared in this discussion. Certainly I can sympathize with most of the positions I've seen.

I remain a firm believer in public events, and I contribute to impalongs, public slayings, and Rift battles whenever I can. These are a great way to build community spirit and to develop friendships between players. However, having joined a group that hunts, traps, buys, and kills uniques, I also have a much better appreciation of just how difficult that can be.

There is something about dragons that tends to foster a very entitled, avaricious attitude among players. I'd like everyone to bear a few things in mind, when discussing the matter.

• It is possible to change the etiquette covering unique slayings. The way to do this is to persuade a significant majority of players that the new rules would be better for the community as a whole. That means, making positive statements about your proposed system, not making negative statements about other players.
  • It is possible to change the game code so that, for example, loot drops according to a different algorithm, in order to change how players behave. The essential path to such a change is the same as before — persuading people to adopt a new consensus as to what's best for the game as a whole — but the bar is set significantly higher, because you also need to persuade the developers to accept the risk and the cost of making such a change.
  • Any new rules proposal, whether a change in etiquette or in game code, needs to address the following:
    • What current problem does your proposal solve, and how?
    • What side effects does your proposal have? How directly does it address the problem?
    • How might cynical, intelligent, resourceful players, acting individually or as a group, abuse or exploit your new system? What mechanisms are in place to prevent that?
      • If you don't have an answer for this question, don't worry. Someone else will.
Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

-BREAKING- In additional "who cares" news...

While most of my thoughts have been covered already and don't bear repeating there are two points at least I would like to emphasize:

1. I would like to add additional confirmation that "the group" (as we have been cryptically calling them but we all know who they are thanks to Niaja) have threatened me directly with being barred from public slayings as a result of going against their wishes. This was in response to the Vyn rite being cast recently on Cadence (which I wont go into detail here so as to avoid derailing this thread as it is already discussed and can be viewed on the Cadence forum.) While the notion of banning someone from being in your local is laughable it paints a picture of a petty, avaricious and entitled atmosphere. The blame can not be pinned on the group as a whole as it came from only one person (seemingly the leader of the bunch) but nonetheless the attitude and behavior of those you choose to be closest to you will always have a trickle down reflection affect on who likely are as well. Someone attempting to threaten or extort another player based on the mere fact they aren't playing exactly how you want them to absolutely needs to have a spot light put on it and the behavior called out in front of the community. I will not name names or speak on behalf of others but I can say that I was not the only person threatened by this group on that day.

2. In defense of Whfawn I would like to voice my support of their frustration on the day of Rift and the Angry Red Dragon slaying last week. I think a large amount of the frustration from the players affected that day comes from the fact that the slaying was being advertised by the finder in Freedom chat as being a public slaying that all at the rift site were going to be included in as we were all there in the area already. Then the rug pull came when the finder went silent and ghosted everyone only for the majority of players to discover later that day it was switched to a private slaying and a private slaying conducted by none other than "the group". 

While the original finder was well within their rights to choose to sell the unique it's still a bit messed up to renege on what you originally told everyone publicly in Freedom. It's also pretty messed up for "the group" to intercept and offer to buy a unique that was already publicly and actively being discussed as being held as a public event. Again, both parties were well within their rights and no one broke a game rule but it's still unfortunate behavior that the rest of the players rightfully can and should be frustrated by.

The notion of a group of players being wealthy enough and having enough influence to corner the market on an entire portion of the games content is a frustrating reflection of the real world but again, does not break any game rules. However I think it's important for people to remember that there is an endless list of things people can do (both in Wurm and in real life) that while legally allowable are morally reprehensible. But, this bleeds more into a discussion of the games economy as a whole and I don't wish to derail the thread from the specific discussion of issues surrounding slayings.

• Like 7

I certainly think that part of the "etiquette" should include that if the finder has already invited anyone before deciding to go private (whether themselves or by selling it) then those invitees remain invited. That would mean that an open declaration of a public slaying should be binding.  

The problem with this is that from what I have read "the group" or some in it would likely ignore this.

I don't think suggesting a merge as some kind of magic bullet is helpful.  Firstly, we all know that a merge is an impossible feat at present and would require significant development that doesn't even yet seem to be on the drawing board.  Secondly, with this kind of anti-social, toxic (yes, I use the word intentionally and unironically) behaviour, opening the way to the wider community will make the problem worse before anything gets better. 

Don't expect there to be any development designed to curb egregious profiteering when such profiteering directly profits the holding the holding company.  Stupidly high markets that keep driving players to the game store to buy in-game currency are kind of what game companies drool about.

• Like 2

I would have though the party selling the Dragon would negotiate any further involvement as part of the sales process anyway. If a player was to invite a few friends to a slaying then sell the Dragon and not secure those friends a place at the slaying, thats between them to argue it out.

As far as on a more public scale goes I do agree if it has been announced to be public then it should have to remain public.

• Like 1

Case study number two:

Person F found a dragon become a owner. Person F announced it will be a private slay that invite only who near the rift site(its not a public slay if the owner don't invite all people), i assume it will be 50-100 people. Person G propose to Person F to buy the dragon from Person F. 
Person G succeed the trade and become the new dragon owner. I don't know if Person G knew Person F have said the private slay only invite the people who near the rift site. But I assume Person G knew because Person G knew a trade opportunity when Person F announced the dragon slay on freedom chat(the slaying was being advertised by the finder in Freedom chat as being a public slaying that all at the rift site were going to be included in as we were all there in the area already).

After Person G became a owner, Person G decided to go private slay without included most of the people near the rift site.

Person F obviously didn't keep the promises. Person F like silvers more than a promise that can fulfill. Can people still trust Person F?
I believe Person F didn't set a condition about I only sell the dragon if u Person G invite people who near the rift site after the owner transfer. If Person F did that, a promises to the people who near the rift site can still be fulfilled. 

Person G knew Person F made a promise to the people near rift site but still trade with Person F, then Person G decide to go private slay without included most of the people near the rift site. Person G knew the decision would break the fun to the people who near the rite site. And still did that. Can people still be enjoyable with Person G? Of course, only the people that Person G have invited to the private slay. 

From what i see, People are complaining about the etiquette on dragon slay most of the time. Sometimes suggestions to change a mechanic is a way to avoid facing ur etiquette. Because people can blame the mechanic instead of their own etiquette and behaviour. 

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

As it seems, the "angry Red Dragon affair" on Cadence is more a matter of social conduct rather than of rules or mechanics. It seems to deteriorate into petty quarrels now.

I do not know who "the leader" or "the group" everyone is assumed to know is. Out of the Twitter list I only know Sheffie (Sheffy) whom I do not and cannot believe that she is engaged in pettyness, much less in ridiculous alleged threats to ban people from public slayings. And well, if anyone buys slaying rights, so be it, as long as it does not violate rules. Announcing a public slaying, then selling slaying rights, is bad style, no doubt.

Blaming the buyer instead of the seller is prolly worse style. The post by "Brozhen" sounds extremely fishy, casting accusations, not telling names or exact circumstances. Throwing a lot of complaints, then resuming that nothing was against the rules. So what?

Generally, to me as a bystander, all that sounds similar to marital quarrels (like The War of the Roses), and accordingly boring. Maybe time to close the thread.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

This will be my last reply on the matter hopefully, the "Angry red dragon slaying" left a sour taste in the mouths of the people that was promised in Freedom chat that the slaying will be public when it was taken away from them, but it's part of the game and that won't change.

Most of us in NFI know who "The Group" and "The Leader" is and whether you still continue to deal with these people is also entirely up to you. Most likely if said person makes 100+ Silver from every private slaying from his Pyramid scheme this person won't even care if people stop dealing with him.

Markets will always be controlled, it's in the game design and it's not entirely flawed. The people who don't have nice things will always feel like they are in a state of "Poverty" when looking at the rich people who have nice things but that is just part of life and wurm.

It all still comes down to: be the change you want to see. If you don't like how it's being done now, go catch uniques and do the slayings yourself.

But ultimately, I agree with Ekcin, I think it's high time this thread gets closed, it can only become more toxic and sour at this point.

Edited by Burdok
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Brozhen said:

The notion of a group of players being wealthy enough and having enough influence to corner the market

There are a lot of things going on here but I"d like to address this comment specifically. Just so we're clear on this, the ask within the group was 10s each. In a world where golds publicly change hands weekly in the auction house I don't think a group of people coming together with small amounts of coins is "Cornering the Market". There are dozens of alliances and even singular players with superior buying power. I would encourage people to simply say publicly that they have an interest in buying uniques and if the seller has heard of them they might get a seat at the table.

Edited by jaytoo

8 hours ago, Ekcin said:

As it seems, the "angry Red Dragon affair" on Cadence is more a matter of social conduct rather than of rules or mechanics. It seems to deteriorate into petty quarrels now.

I do not know who "the leader" or "the group" everyone is assumed to know is. Out of the Twitter list I only know Sheffie (Sheffy) whom I do not and cannot believe that she is engaged in pettyness, much less in ridiculous alleged threats to ban people from public slayings. And well, if anyone buys slaying rights, so be it, as long as it does not violate rules. Announcing a public slaying, then selling slaying rights, is bad style, no doubt.

Blaming the buyer instead of the seller is prolly worse style. The post by "Brozhen" sounds extremely fishy, casting accusations, not telling names or exact circumstances. Throwing a lot of complaints, then resuming that nothing was against the rules. So what?

Generally, to me as a bystander, all that sounds similar to marital quarrels (like The War of the Roses), and accordingly boring. Maybe time to close the thread.

Seeing as you've perceived me as "fishy" (and I get it, I have little to no post history, we have never spoken before and this is the internet of all places) I'm happy to provide further clarification if it is permissible. I refrained from naming individuals specifically as I was (and still am) uncertain what the forum rules are regarding discussing matters like this. I can also even provide the chat logs proving my claims, but again I am uncertain if that is allowed and beyond that am unsure that would even accomplish anything to allay the fears of a true skeptic. The group's identities can be confirmed by looking at the slayings on Cadence at https://niarja.com/ and seeing the most common denominators.

Comparing this to "marital quarrels" is a bit reductive seeing as just the one instance in particular being discussed involved nearly one hundred people. But maybe Babylonian king levels of polygamy are common in your experience lol.

But to clarify, I didn't make my comments to baselessly fling ###### and falsely accuse anyone of anything. Everything I said is true and I have the receipts to prove it. I merely wanted to speak out in support of others in the thread that are rightly frustrated by events in our community who were venting their concerns and also draw attention to some of the more egregious incidents as they involved members of that same group of people. 

In regards to closing the thread or not however I am torn. On the one hand it may have been derailed beyond recovery at this point to ever fully circle back to the original core concept of discussion but I do feel the topic of unique mobs in general still warrants attention and I would love to see this portion of Wurm refined and expanded. 

EDIT: In the spirit of full disclosure I should have added my in game characters are Elfzhen and my priests (Hamtad, Skipad, Puckett, Fargothracer, Kufnorf, and Greengob) and my deed is Elyria located in Q10 of Cadence. The forum name is Brozhen as that was my first ever Wurm character (on Golden Valley) and it is the default account that signs in so I've just kept using it.

Edited by Brozhen
adding clarifying content

It occurs to me that people might be confusing different private hunting/trapping/slaying groups. For all this talk of everyone knowing who they are, it's quite possible that many readers don't. 

I'm part of a group which was founded and is organized by Sinnjinn. This group has held a fair number of public slayings...

... as have several other groups, of course. Our group is pretty open about what we do. We spend significant amounts of time hunting for unique creatures. We offer to buy the claim on any dragon that the finder is unable to trap for themselves. We also offer to kill any unique that the finder is unable to kill for themselves. And we're also open about what we don't do. We don't pen up unique creatures for long periods, for example. 

In the interests of shedding more light and less heat, here's my account of what happened on the day of the rift and Angry Red Dragon slaying.

Our slaying group mobilized (via private Discord) on hearing that a dragon had been found near the location of the rift. At the same time, I alerted other Wurm staff members (again via private channels) of the potential for drama in the area. I arrived to find the area crawling with dragon hunters. There was some debate about whether the original finder had given up their claim by leaving the Local area that the dragon was in. A counterpoint was made that the dragon had been "kited" away from its finder. A second player attempted to lure the dragon into a mine, to trap it, but my understanding is that this didn't work because the mine was outside of the dragon's "leash" radius. Other players, needless to say, tried to assert their own claims. Members of Sinnjinn's group were among them. Around this time, GM Confucius appeared in the area and began investigating.

Ultimately, the ruling was that the original finder had *not* given up their claim by leaving the dragon's Local. (The etiquette guide says that the claim is forfeit by leaving "the area" without specifying a number of tiles; meanwhile, the finder had clearly not given up on the dragon.) After the ruling from GM Confucius that the original claim still stood, Sinnjinn offered to buy the dragon from the finder, which was accepted. The group then proceeded to open a new mine and trap the dragon, while the original finder kited it around in circles. The issue was slightly complicated because the second player, who had been attempting to trap the beast, contributed a Shaker Orb to the trapping effort.

Members of Sinnjinn's group, and the second player, took part in a private slaying later on that day, each player contributing an equal amount to the expenses. (It's my understanding that the cost of the Shaker Orb was figured in to the contributions.)

I hope that this helps to put other accounts into perspective, and to explain what happened on the day in question.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 3

I don't have an issue with private slayings for what it's worth.The idea a group of people who want to look the part of being all nice and generous holding public slayings while secretly threatening people who don't bow down to their meta though is rather interesting. I think that if the slaying is announced as public then the rules should forbid them from refusing entry. It's either public or it's not, no room for this facade.

• Like 3

As a member of the slaying group involved:

We want to be active in the community, so even if someone finds a unique, many in out group are willing to rush over to help the claimant pen it. We may ask for compensation for the cost of any deed or shaker orbs used, but the claimant ultimately has discretion as to what they want done with the unique.

If they want to hold a public slaying, we offer to organize it for them and even negotiate the loot.

If it is a unique we are interested in, we will offer to buy it, with each member asked to chip in a small amount to cover the large cost.

Whatever the claim holder chooses, we respect that.

Which brings us to the topic of "banning" people from our public slays.

There is only one person on that list, and they got there by not respecting another player's claim on a unique.

Even then, there is not much we can do to enforce a "ban"

• Like 1

I really don't feel the need to defend myself as a private slayer, or private slaying in general.  I play the game with the rules we have, not the rules that I want.  I firmly believe that dragons are end-game content designed for high-end players.  Disagree with me?  great, I respect that.  Don't want to do business with me?  I respect that too, it's why I don't, and will never hide behind my alts.  With only a few exceptions (like I forget who I'm tabbed into) I try to always conduct business as Sinnjinn, or Sinjinalexander so people know it's me

However, there is SO much bad, wrong and downright hateful content here and I won't have that attitude directed at my team for actions that are mostly mine.  

Let me start by saying that the team is mine.  I'm the one who built it, I'm its 'leader' and almost all decisions are mine alone to make.  I almost always get input from them on important decisions, because I respect them, but the decision is ultimately mine.

On NFI, I think part of the issue is that a group of players have teamed up to make Dragon slaying a money making thing.

Dragon slaying for us IS NOT a money making thing.  We really haven't killed that many dragons, I'm pretty sure every person on my team who has a set of drake bought a significant portion of the hide for it.  I think we have recently killed enough hatchlings so most everybody has a set of drake, but I had to borrow 1kg of scale from another member to finish my scale set.  And I don't think anybody is selling any scale, but a few are starting to sell some drake hide (keep watch, we'll address this in the future)

They slay more for the money they can make and less for the fun of it

You don't know me, or anyone on my team, so don't claim to know our motives.

Then they control the slaying and they dont even have to invite someone else (not part of their slaying team) that is part of the penning event.

You are the only person outside of my team who has ever helped us pen a dragon....and you got an invite, but you're right, I didn't have to invite you...but I did.

1st- don't spread it around that you were here.  too many people get in the way, and I don't wan't people thinking if they 'help' they automatically get an invite

And by posting this, you broke the condition.  Good to know your trustworthiness.
I mean really....who ASKS to be invited to a private slaying, is graciously allowed to attend, sells their scale from the slay, then immediately complains about private slay groups? If you're so against private slaying, how many people did you share your loot with?

3rd -  Because I had to buy the claim, you'll have to pay 10s.  We all share the costs when we have to buy one.. 
(22 toons in slaying, 4 his and another with an alt, means he got about 170-180s from everyone) ( He paid 150s for it) so without the loot he is ahead, even with the 4s it cost for the deed.

It was 10s per player...not per toon.  I don't make money off my team...do you really think I'd have a team if I did?  The unfortunate reality is we are still a little light on DPS for a tough dragon like an Angry Ven Red, so everybody brings an alt, but not everybody on my team has a fighting quality alt, so I bring one for them....and give them the rewards.  Everybody on my team walked away with the same exact amount of scale and blood....and you walked away with half cause I didn't allow you to bring an alt.  But you still walked away with almost 8x return on your 10s investment....did you want more?

So see, he doesn't need to hunt, others will do the hunting for him and he can just come throw money at it to get the claim/ownership of the slaying.

My team as a whole had close to 100 hours in searching (I had 30+) cad trying to find that dragon.  it's a damn shame we didn't, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Im mad that as a community we have allowed this group of "slayers" it get rich enough to buy there way to controlling almost all the Dragon slayings.

OK, this is one of the things I specifically wanted to address.  I paid 1.5g for the red dragon, there are 12 members (including me) on my team.  That's only 12.5s each.  I know everybody has different views of 'wealth' but are you seriously calling that wealthy?  THAT is one of the advantages of having a team.  

Also some of this group of slayers are also the same ones trying to control the Casting of the Global Rites

I've already addressed this, please see my post above.  Nobody is trying to 'control' the global spells.  A few of us who try to organize such things really feel it's better for everyone if we space them out.  the schedule we had was good, until it got screwed up by someone Ninja'ng the Vyn cast...and somehow Pnut and I took the heat for that.

But also, the fact that I'm often the one organizing the Global Rite spells has nothing to do with private slaying. NOTHING.  My team is not involved in any way.  I think people come to me and ask me to organize them because I have high-level priests that can accept a large number of links and cast the spell.  I would LOVE to not have to organize these things, but I do it for the community.  Don't like the way I do it?  do it yourself, just PLEASE give people a day or two notice so they can join the cast so you aren't screwing people out of Benediction.

But I really fail to see what this has to do with changing the way Uniques work.  At this point you're just flinging mud.

1. I would like to add additional confirmation that "the group" (as we have been cryptically calling them but we all know who they are thanks to Niaja) have threatened me directly with being barred from public slayings as a result of going against their wishes.

I threatened you?  [17:14:12] <Sinnjinn> Not sure if you did in the past, but I wwould appreciate it if you didn't attend my public slayings in the future.  Sounds to me like I asked you nicely not to attend. HUGE difference from 'threatening you'  I'm not sure how someone would even threaten someone else on PvE, but I'm sure that isn't it.  I mostly regret going off like I did, but I was really pissed that you and a group of people cast the rite spell with no warning and no thought for anybody but yourselves.  How is anybody else supposed to get credit for Benediction the way you guys cast?  AND we even talked afterward, you apologized for not understanding the ramifications and everything was fine.

And don't put this on the group, they had nothing to do with it.  You mention that possibility, but continue to hold them accountable for actions that were purely mine.  We are NOT defined by the actions of the people around us.  And I hold that screwing a bunch of people out of both sleep bonus and benediction is much worse then me asking you (very politely) to not attend my events.

• Like 3

Merely addressing the portion of Sinnjinn's reply pertaining to myself. Possibly better suited for a PM rather than cluttering a shared message board but I don't want to hide (either in actuality or purely in perception)

Overall fair points all around and again by and large I have no issue with the core aspect of how players (your group included) go about dealing with unique mobs thus far. Me using the term "threatened" was more just my perception of events, both mine personally and as it was reported to me from others both that day and then here on the forums. I was merely parroting the word "threatened" as it was used in posts prior to mine. That was absolutely an unfair categorization and my mistake as it did not accurate reflect my personal direct dealings. Perhaps something more along the lines of people being barred from public events being used as a "punishment" would have been a more accurate and fair assessment. 

But in concluding that which will likely (hopefully lol) be my final input here, I would just like to reiterate my issues were not with WHAT happened specifically but but HOW it happened and how the order of events played out that day. And finally just to make sure I'm crystal clear, I harbor no animosity towards anyone and just want everyone's time in a game to be as enjoyable as possible for them as it is just a game. Especially seeing as we play on the cooperative PvE server. If this was PvP you all could go kick rocks lol.

• Like 1

Good points Brozhen, and sorry when I was bit harsh. All this stuff strayed far from unique mechanics and rules topics. What I feel would be needed, would be that the opponents sit together and try to find a way to reconcile. I do not see that there are evil actors on any side, and you should find ways to overcome your conflicts. 

It seems the major disconnect happened around the sale and handover and the communication around that.  I do believe that when communication is the point of failure, more communication is the solution.  I know it sounds trite, but I mean that in earnest.

Ajust the rules to state that any slaying announced to be public must be honoured by not blocking gate/access to any individuals so as to prevent real or imagined threats of not being allowed to participate. The rules already state anyone can be in local but still allows room to be manipulated in this way.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

47 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Ajust the rules to state that any slaying announced to be public must be honoured by not blocking gate/access to any individuals so as to prevent real or imagined threats of not being allowed to participate. The rules already state anyone can be in local but still allows room to be manipulated in this way.

i dont see how that changes anything, then those slaying that would be public with the current rules, could  just be announced as private but open to anyone except A,B and C players, now your rule doesn't apply anymore. making it pointless.

In that case it would then also be public that those players reduce to such things

It doesn't matter how good people have organized public slays, how many affords to find a dragon, how helpful to the people who can't slay from their own, how fair to the dragon loots, how end-game content are designed, how good or bad the slaying mechanic, how people dominate the markets and global casts, how people ban or threaten to people, how people bring two topics together.

All these reasons are only covering how bad the group's etiquette are on the angry red dragon slay, or just distracting the main point.
The main point is, the groups knew the founder announced it will be a public slay for people who near the rift site.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:42 AM, Brozhen said:

the fact that the slaying was being advertised by the finder in Freedom chat as being a public slaying that all at the rift site were going to be included in as we were all there in the area already.

However, they still offer a trade and succeed to buy the dragon and turn into a private slay. The knew the choices they made simply lead to a promise break and made the people get frustrated and took away the fun that people near the rift site have expected. 

It makes people question the group's etiquette seeing from an outsider. 

• Like 1

Did they break a promise? They weren't going for election, can't they change their mind anyway? 

Like I think both sides in this are out of line, greed on one hand, entitlement on the other. 

Seems to be how the line is drawn for any legendary these days. Can't wait for the system to be scrapped simply because players can't get along