Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

Mining QL bug after patch

After 29th Dec imbue patch, the top end QL is penalised with runed + imbued pickaxes compared to simple regular plain pickaxe (no runes and no imbues).

Most of testing and calculating were written up on my post here

Simply said, mining 99QL vein with supreme + runed + fully imbued pickaxe resulted in max QL 96.5 while mining the same vein with a plain regular pickaxe resulted in max QL 99. Mining skill of the character is 99+.

I had a friend test this out, he also has 99+ mining skill. He mined several times on the same rock wall, the results:
On the left is with imbue / rune / rarity, the right is a plain pickaxe.

EJny8nG.png

Could you post some details about what you were mining?

Further to this, on Epic, Zenity was using a runed pick, and rune reduces expected ql to the base skill cap, and ignores effective skill completely, using an ordinary pick on the same vein produces the expected skill cap with effective skill taken into account.

With 71.31 mining skill and 91 effective skill with a runed pick I mine 71.37ql max, while with an ordinary pick i mine 91ql max.

19 minutes ago, Zenity said:

Further to this, on Epic, Zenity was using a runed pick, and rune reduces expected ql to the base skill cap, and ignores effective skill completely, using an ordinary pick on the same vein produces the expected skill cap with effective skill taken into account.

With 71.31 mining skill and 91 effective skill with a runed pick I mine 71.37ql max, while with an ordinary pick i mine 91ql max.

that must be it then.. as i also tested on epic.. true skill is 94.34 but effective is 99.68. that's about the difference between true and effective skill that i was loosing on top end QL in my tests.. however not sure if according to formula equations still would work out. Also truly feels item rarity has no impact at all (it always was +1 or 2 or 3 QL, depending on rarity up to 90QL, even passed your effective skill)

32 minutes ago, Shydow said:

Could you post some details about what you were mining?

i was mining 56 QL iron vein, then 99QL marble vein, then later rock.

Edited by Skatyna

Either@Retrogradedescription is wrong or it is bugged. I am 98.32 mining and mining ql97 rock.

Gathering Runes add +10% to the base quality, but that is capped at your skill level. 97 base ql + 10% capped at skill which gives 98.32 ql I got 97.24ql with rare runed pick axe. Unsure how much rare adds.

Where it goes wrong? is description wrong?

Somewhere the rune +10% gone wrong. I could not mine +10% from a vein even where the result would be below my skill level. Not even considering the rarity and the imbue on the pickaxe which should play a factor too....

Testing with two picks, one with bronze rune of libila, 10% higher ql, was giving me 100ql before patch, using the same pick, on the same vein, after the patch I could only mine a maximum of 71.37, which is my numeric skill on Epic, using another pick without the rune I got 91 ql, which is the same as my effective skill. The difference is that a gathering rune, on Epic, seems to ignore the effective skill curve entirely, and caps ore ql at numeric skill. 

from additional tests on epic I’m convinced that it’s the effective skill component peculiar to Epic that’s not being checked when mining, if using a gathering rune.

just did another test, using my gather runed, rare, 100 imbued pickaxe. Mining skill is 98.08.

Rock ql: 96

Max mined: 97.29 - actually it seems that is only from rarity and imbue, gather rune seemingly does not work at all.

On the below image the left column is a reference using a common 90ql pickaxe.

qrorvPs.png

EDIT: pickaxe exam:

[01:51:06] A tool for mining. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. The pickaxe needs to be sharpened with a whetstone.
[01:51:06] Wind of Ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [81]
[01:51:06] A bronze rune of Libila has been attached, so it will gather resources at a higher quality level (10%)
[01:51:06] It has been smeared with a potion of mining, so it improves Mining max QL [100]

Edited by Jaz

supreme pickaxe.. runed(+10% gather).. best ql I can pull from utmost rock tile is 98.41 with 98.24 mining skill

10% of base.. is just gone in this math

Edited by Finnn