Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

Some useful details about WU

Curious how long to get to master the WU, if you decide to build one for yourself? Like know how to make the map the way you want it, upload it and then have the knowledge how to run a GM and other sorta things. Someday i was thinking i may try jumping back in WU if i can get it setup correctly. Wasnt sure how they manage to change some details, IE like you start out with a short sword instead of long sword, etc.

Does anyone have a guide or some useful links i look into. I would like to try to learn this things time to time while playing WO and when i am ready i may give WU another shot.

My attentions are, to be able to run a GM or head GM and then may have few others for supports. The size of the map, havent been decided, the minimum would be 8k. So my background, i use to get into DnD and DnD PnP way back in the 80's. Able to do things and anything is possible. Not just standard WU rules, i mean if a play wish to become a necromancer and want to invade and/or destroy, that can be arrange. It will be like an events going on and of course there will be players want to do other things as well. So anything is possible, its not just about crafting, building, exploring, etc. Can do much more, just need to setup the backgrounds and other details.

I think the biggest problems is that when new players popup, not be able or prepare for what is coming. I could perhap place some npcs like guards to balance it. But not sure if anyone is interesting of doing such a thing i mention. If you have some ideas or want to share, go ahead say it in here. I been into alot of servers, most of them doesnt even have the right taste of roleplaying and how it should be setup, but its limited on things you can do in WU and as well how creative the GMs and staffs are as well.