Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 29/DEC/20

Dec 29, 2020 3:32:06 PM  Rift A new Rift has been reported!(Area events)

I logged on around this time as a server reset supposingly occured as others had said.

After this so called reset...the rift moved locations and promptly closed. 

Yet I saw it in Bit of a mystery to me. ::shrugs::

1 minute ago, jasminth said:

Dec 29, 2020 3:32:06 PM  Rift A new Rift has been reported!(Area events)

I logged on around this time as a server reset supposingly occured as others had said.

After this so called reset...the rift moved locations and promptly closed. 

Yet I saw it in Bit of a mystery to me. ::shrugs::

Likely because the timers started at server launch, meaning when they actually started it thought it had to spawn. 

We addressed that and they will spawn regularly and properly now 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whane said:

Not sure what prompted this change but just a fair warning to anyone that might not be aware, if you disembark your vehicle on an arched bridge then you may need assistance to embark again as I did.

My guess would be that it was changed because you could end up teleporting a wagon to another floor in a building that way. But this new bridge bug sounds even worse than that, hopefully it can be fixed quickly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gumbo said:

"Wurm seems to have a whole bunch of disgruntled users here in this thread. "

They are disgruntled HERE !!!    Not OVERTHERE !!!

Each person deserves a reply to their comment. That is what customer service is supposed to do.

You are expecting too much from them just do what i do take a break enjoy life avoid forums avoid global chat turn it all off and just play and every time the devs once again ruin your plans add another strike once at 5 strikes of things you dont like just go on a hiatus it works well

That aside i come back to see yet another nerf in a long line of unneeded nerfs brought to you by a team who honestly at this point in my eyes does not know what they want or are doing to the game and are to greedy in their desire to keep new players around that they will destroy the game to please them

Just revert the imbue changes and while your at it get rid of the priest crap and so many other things that keep being added in for the sake of nerfing or "oh a staff member has this idea lets do this" when such idea's when a player has them fall on deaf ears

I am watching the game i grew up with from my teenage years into adult years and i can say for sure the last few years have been by far the worst overall sure some good things but the amount of bad that keeps coming out just overshadows it

A marketing push was said to happen "soon" after steam release to keep momentum up and going well we are waiting
gFwzjri.png

Steam is bleeding people left and right and stand alone client is doing just as bad numbers where really high then the fall came as expected but it never stopped it never evened out and why? promised things where not delivered work isnt put in things are left to just dry up and frankly its sad to see from a game i spend more time on then some of 2nd generation members have been alive for
And that is the saddest part there are legit couples who met in wurm's early days got together and their kids started playing wurm or had babies before and got into wurm and their kids are playing there areny many but there are its such a great game yet it is just being dragged over a gravel road with no help to stay upright :(

Just wait the "big" q4 update will come some time "later" and it will be a let down like other things are and the same people who love the game to bits will complain again and it will again fall on deaf ears as we all know it doesnt matter what we say and that is 1 of the reasons i went quiet myself

Wurm staff are like that ex that keeps trying to stay in your life and you know you click with but cant be in a relationship with so you shuffle around on the edge you do stuff with them now and then then back off then get closer but every time you get closer you get hurt time and time again but you keep going back as you just love that person too much(not speaking of experience here just experience of others)

The game is great would be a lot greater if some of the shenans and "nerfs for the sake of nerfs" are taken care of and things are actually improved again but alas

• Like 8

No matter what they announce or don't announce this is our collective reaction when reading the patch threads:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47cvy13lbtik07skqt9

So as you can see no matter what they do they cannot win so they might aswell do what they think is best for the game and not let the forum teary reactions influence their resolve.

• Like 3

I've not used an imbued pick for years. I am surprised you all swear by them.I did have a 100 imbue pick a few years ago,once my mining got to above 95, I stopped using it. I did get 100 ql ores, but I did get less total above 95 ql, which is what I was after. But I can agree that the nerf to imbue might not have been called for.

But the +10% gatherer rune was too overpowered. So glad to see it go.

• Like 1

Thanks alot Wurm staff. There are us too who like it but often those who like something doesnt express it in any form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

No matter what they announce or don't announce this is our collective reaction when reading the patch threads:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47cvy13lbtik07skqt9

So as you can see no matter what they do they cannot win so they might aswell do what they think is best for the game and not let the forum teary reactions influence their resolve.

Actually this is not true at all they've done a great job in the past  sometimes its bad most of the times its been very good...

But the fact that imbued and runes have been made obsolete is not cool. There didnt need to be that big of a nerf. 

I'm assuming these changes in mining and lumbering are to equalize and fix it before they release it on new servers... That wont keep people playing. 

Instead just dont release imbues or runes on new server and replace them with a new item. 

otherwise you are KILLING your old player base (even more than you already do)

todays fix on the QL rune has made everything work perfectly as I would have wanted. having 100 mining you can now achieve 100ql results from a 90ql vein again. 

thank you

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 2:29 PM, DevBlog said:
  • New: Added a craftable variant of the checkerboard

What is the difference between craftable checkerboard and xmas gift?

Edited by Xagru

52 minutes ago, Xagru said:

OK, I see they look different

xScuetb.jpg

(sent by Teeebomb, ty)

• Like 2

There's a gold coin in the drawer, if you can figure out how to open it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

There's a gold coin in the drawer, if you can figure out how to open it.

[23:18:49] Platyna gets a crowbar.

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Xagru said:

They're functionally identical, the gift one just looks a bit more impressive.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:29 AM, DevBlog said:

Change: You must now be on the same floor level as the vehicle in order to embark it.

can you actually test these things i'm getting blocked by trying to get into my boat from my docks, or on my cart when it's on a slope and kicked off due to the months/years old bugs that never get fixed thanks

i'm not sure why you keep adding weird range/distance limitations to embarking on vehicles but it's really annoying, omg someone got on their cart when they were on the floor below oh who ###### cares

• Like 10

Well dang, Came back from a long break again. Saw that prayer had finally FINALLY been addressed. Started to rally the village back into full swing... found silly rune nerfs.  Probably not gonna bother the others yet.  Maybe I can find something positive enough to counter this.... maybe. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this