Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 29/DEC/20

Two post-patch observations.

1) Emptying a source spring makes it disappear immediately, with the message "A source spring crumbles to dust."

2) Harvesting olives with 86 forestry skill and a runed sickle produces 96ql olives, so it appears sickles haven't been nerfed.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, LeafLife said:

I'm reading in chat that the rifts on North Freedom have apparently already opened, with no notice? Seems very unfair for people who didn't happen to be online at the time?

Leaflife: When a rift appears, 2 days remain until it is open for combat. Check your (or any) deed token for "area history" to learn about the appearance of the rift. 48hrs after the combat will start. Have fun.

That update makes me sad. If have this game paid for 2 years and I have no idea what other changes like that will be made in the future. I don't trust the developers any more. You guys promised us that the changes will be consulted with us. And it is not about me - I am well stocked in everything, and I am a casual crafter, it about my friend list getting more and  more empty. It is huge and 80% of the names there are gone, and pulling this out during New Years celebrations is even sadder. 

Gold rules of RPG economy balancing:

1. No NPCs generating money directly or indirectly. -> Wurm passed neatly.

2. Avoid nerfs at any cost. -> Wurm failed miserably. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Leaflife: When a rift appears, 2 days remain until it is open for combat. Check your (or any) deed token for "area history" to learn about the appearance of the rift. 48hrs after the combat will start. Have fun.

Melody: [20:17:51] Old rift ogre hits you extremely hard in the crotch and harms it.

Apparently bugged out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

Melody: [20:17:51] Old rift ogre hits you extremely hard in the crotch and harms it.

Apparently bugged out

Damn, couldn't they at least that get right?

58 minutes ago, Noizhead said:

With 99.999 mining and a supreme pick with max imbue and a gathering rune, QL99 tiles are yielding QL99.58 shards. QL98 tiles were maxing out at QL98.91 or so.

Interesting, as that doesn't add up with the patch notes at all, does it? The rune should add 10%, capped at skill level, so the max ql of shards that you should be seeing should be 99.999 with that mining. So either the patch notes are incorrect, or this stuff is quite bugged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

Interesting, as that doesn't add up with the patch notes at all, does it? The rune should add 10%, capped at skill level, so the max ql of shards that you should be seeing should be 99.999 with that mining. So either the patch notes are incorrect, or this stuff is quite bugged.

Veins only go up to 99ql is the issue here. Rune only goes to max vein ql. 

I would like to see max vein ql increased to 100ql. I would also like to see imbue having a way bigger impact on vein ql limitations. I.e if you have 90 mining skill, with max imbue you could get 90ql ore from a 70ql vein.

It could be a simple calculation of 25% of imbue power as extra ql on a maxed vein up to mining skill. For example, mining a 40ql vein with 70 mining skill and 100 imbue could get a 65ql ore (40ql + 25ql from imbue)

• Like 1

I don't understand, dosn't wurm have a way to test the changes before releasing them?

Just load the class for mining and run it a few million times to make sure you get the expected result?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Seriphina said:

Can we see a picture of the craftable board please?

MLW53QB.png

Here you go. This is Oak, not sure does other wood have different textures. Shape is much more humble compared to gift, which is great :)

5 hours ago, Shagsangel said:

What is the skill required for crafting a board? I assume Fine Carp but at what skill?  I want to make one to see how they look 🙂

Toymaking. I managed to make it with  20 skill

• Like 3

horrible update.......100 imbue gather rune. utmost iron vein. 92 skill . max i can gather is 93.7. 

Even though we knew about this for a while this is WAY too extreme. regret subbing during black friday lol after 8 years think this is like the last straw.

Merry Christmas

• Like 7

I find the inability to get 100ql ores with mining 95+ skill, a rare+ pickaxe, 90+ Imbue, and 10% gather rune, to be quite disturbing. This update was clearly not thought through.

Don't suppose we could get an explanation as to why this major nerf change to mining/woodcutting was needed.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, warrior said:

Veins only go up to 99ql is the issue here. Rune only goes to max vein ql. 

So the patch notes are incorrect as they don't mention anything of the sort, or it's a bug. The only cap mentioned is skill level, nothing else.

Edited by Ecrir

Just now, Gumbo said:

I find the inability to get 100ql ores with mining 95+ skill, a rare+ pickaxe, 90+ Imbue, and 10% gather rune, to be quite disturbing. This update was clearly not thought through.

Don't suppose we could get an explanation as to why this major nerf change to mining/woodcutting was needed.

NOT the last, NOT the first... I really really wonder how these last content fixes.. to issues that does not exist.. come out to be.. who votes them in.. and how they get accepted.. and how they are beneficial for anything at all.

I doubt that we'll all start buying transmutation rods and grind to 100 mining and use useless runes and imbues that do nothing.. and there's no market for hq ore.. so why...

1 minute ago, Ecrir said:

So the patch notes are incorrect as they don't mention anything of the sort, or it's a bug. The only cap mentioned is skill level, nothing else.

They may not be aware tbh 🤣 that cap has been in since the beginning, we're just noticing it again now that imbues don't just turn everything 100ql.

Thank you for the craftable checkers board :) Will help with my games room I am creating.

The other changes do not effect me at all.  I have no idea what runes or imbues even are so.  meh...  As long as I can carry on building stuff that's all that I care about.

I don't have an opinion about source spring changes yet. I am against people hoarding them, I am guilty as charged that I hoarded one (ONE) because they are rare, and it was the first one of two I ever found, so sentiment stuff. But I am able to sacrifice my business for a greater good if it has a point. But with this change if the source springs will still be so rare as they were before then it will become again one more dead feature. 

• Like 1

As stated in the other thread:

Pickaxe QL 97 rare, potion of mining improving mining max QL 27, bronze rune of libila 10%

Mining Skill 85,11

Before the patch on testvein QL was 99,17 max

After the patch its QL 87,05 max

That is exactly the ###### i expected.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, Retrograde said:

To address a few questions, the quality will be above the cap of the vein still, and it will still go above your existing skill, just not as high as it was before. 

Are you ###### kidding me?

PS: just tried it on my old utmost gold vein

87,15 with a rare, runed, imbued pickaxe and 85,11 mining skill.

If you kill a feature, kill it, but stop talking ######.

I thought it was worst when Rolf stopped playing the game he was programming a couple of years ago, boy what did i knew.

Edited by Beewolf

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

Apparently bugged out

Also it spawned on a deed . so had to lure mobs away to butcher  and cast spells...

Was waiting for a server going down notice during it..

Wurm seems to have a whole bunch of disgruntled users here in this thread. Why wasn't there a staff member here replying to EACH and EVERYONE one of them, addressing their concerns? You have released an update that doesn't sit well with many of your customers, yet you let them stew here without replying to them individually. Some blanket reply after you believe things have "calmed down" isn't customer service. It's called sticking your head in a hole in the ground hoping the problem goes away on it's own. This is ridiculous and the staff here should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 2

Just now, Gumbo said:

Wurm seems to have a whole bunch of disgruntled users here in this thread. Why wasn't there a staff member here replying to EACH and EVERYONE one of them, addressing their concerns? You have released an update that doesn't sit well with many of your customers, yet you let them stew here without replying to them individually. Some blanket reply after you believe things have "calmed down" isn't customer service. It's called sticking your head in a hole in the ground hoping the problem goes away on it's own. This is ridiculous and the staff here should be ashamed of themselves.

I've been answering questions across a range of platforms, most are around the same subject, so I've not been answering them individually as that results in a copy and paste message. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I've been answering questions across a range of platforms, most are around the same subject, so I've not been answering them individually as that results in a copy and paste message. 

"Wurm seems to have a whole bunch of disgruntled users here in this thread. "

They are disgruntled HERE !!!    Not OVERTHERE !!!

Each person deserves a reply to their comment. That is what customer service is supposed to do.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: You must now be on the same floor level as the vehicle in order to embark it.

Not sure what prompted this change but just a fair warning to anyone that might not be aware, if you disembark your vehicle on an arched bridge then you may need assistance to embark again as I did.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this