Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Imbue rework formula

In fact, gathering runes are widely worthless for everything, except maybe raising resulting ql of lower ql veins in mining a bit while destroying any utility for lower level miners. I well recall how much it was  an incentive for me that I could pull ql 100 once I had reached mining 91. That was a milestone now destroyed by devs without any clue about how the game is played.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, LionIX said:

77x1.1 (+1 rare) = 85.7

85.7 + ((100-85.7)x0.25) = 89.275

So the ordering is rune, rarity, imbue, that unfortunate as it is the opposite of what would yield the highest result.

1 minute ago, Lethyria said:

So the ordering is rune, rarity, imbue, that unfortunate as it is the opposite of what would yield the highest result.

I don’t know where rarity goes in. Stanlee’s question hasn’t been answered. 

2 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

In fact, gathering runes are widely worthless for everything, except maybe raising resulting ql of lower ql veins in mining a bit while destroying any utility for lower level miners. I well recall how much it was  an incentive for me that I could pull ql 100 once I had reached mining 91. That was a milestone now destroyed by devs without any clue about how the game is played.

Actually you could pull 100 ql at around 75 skill, meaning it was very little point in grinding beyond that. 

The dev team plays the game as well, and the Gm team has some of the oldest accounts in the game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

For mining their biggest use seems to be that a ql 91+ vein can give you ql 100 ore, if you have 100 skill.  That's still quite good.

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

45ql base means 58.75, not 48.75 

this is with assumption your gather skill is at least 58.75 right? so if you get a 40 ql base but are capped at 40 gathering skill the ruin can only be 40ql correct?

"Gathering Runes add +10% to the base quality, but that is capped at your skill level."

if a character that almost has 100 mining (2 weeks of grind away) only gets 0.8 bonus to what he is mining with a supreme pickaxe, i smell a hotfix coming in 

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Can we please finally choose which perk we wanna dispel from the tools then?

EDIT: Because.....

[14:52:57] Wind of Ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [95]
[14:52:57] A bronze rune of Libila has been attached, so it will gather resources at a higher quality level (10%)
[14:52:57] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [86]
[14:52:57] It has been smeared with a potion of mining, so it improves Mining max QL [98]

And you always can remove from top to bottom only

Jaz, you can directly replace a rune with another rune, no need to dispel it first.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

if a character that almost has 100 mining (2 weeks of grind away) only gets 0.8 bonus to what he is mining with a supreme pickaxe, i smell a hotfix coming in 

That's how it's always worked. 

The bonus from rares/supremes not set in stone, and has diminishing returns 

Something isn't right.

100 mining

utmost iron (trans rod)

rare pick w/ 100 imbue+rune

capped at 89.12ql ore

utmost gold (trans rod)

capped at 58ql ore

9 minutes ago, azuleslight said:

this is with assumption your gather skill is at least 58.75 right? so if you get a 40 ql base but are capped at 40 gathering skill the ruin can only be 40ql correct?

"Gathering Runes add +10% to the base quality, but that is capped at your skill level."

This is not related to the rune, purely to the imbue.

imbues allow going beyond skill

5 minutes ago, nineol said:

Something isn't right.

100 mining

utmost iron (trans rod)

rare pick w/ 100 imbue+rune

capped at 89.12ql ore

utmost gold (trans rod)

capped at 58ql ore

Oh dear, was this not actually playtested? Wonder if it’s looking at the rock max ql or something. The test server was created for a reason, please use it before making things live. 

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Shydow said:

Jaz, you can directly replace a rune with another rune, no need to dispel it first.

Bummer we don't get the selectable dispel in the foreseeable future then.

Gathering Runes add +10% to the base quality, but that is capped at your skill level.
Imbues now add a bonus of up to 25% of the difference between the result quality and 100 at 100 imbue power. This can exceed your gathering skill.

The rune bonus is applied before the imbue bonus.

Any chance to make this 10% of which ever is higher, base ql of vein or player skill?

If it's too op for some reason, to make that work up to ql50 veins?

* Idea is .. to make the trash poor/acceptable/normal low ql shards into something more useful by default.. rather than generally gathering trash... maybe make it a 70 or 90 skill passive buff.. to both make better use of trash creation(mostly metal) veins, and at the same time.. give a reason to low levels to grind higher to get to the perk.

Like for 90 mining and flat floors and not always make a mess in the mines with the floor slopes as lower skill does.

Edited by Finnn

17 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This is not related to the rune, purely to the imbue.

imbues allow going beyond skill

this is what i got from using your formula in excel:

1 ql /1 imbue = 1.2475
1ql / 100 imbue = 25.75
total difference: 24.5025
total difference: 22.275
total difference: 19.8
total difference: 17.325

total difference: 14.85

total difference: 12.375

total difference: 9.9

total difference: 7.425
total difference: 4.95
total difference: 2.275

total difference: .00225

it seems almost as if you loose about 2ql/end product result each 10ql you go up. and imbue is more beneficial at low end and material ql for high end combo's. 
if this bares out your ROI peters out at about 70QL based on the new system...

welp, about as bad as i expected it reading the latest news... or whatever they are now called... instead of nerfing things down or making them OP for a while, can't things be discussed and a middle ground found?

Because yah, you just killed the imbue and runes interest... so no point in doing public unique kills anymore (gob leader / forest giant)... or attending the giant mess that are rifts since you updated them.

• Like 6

Good changes! The only thing I might suggest is altering the rune slightly to have pieces of both, so that it’s also useful for skills that always harvest at skill level. I.e it picks whichever would raise the quality more: 5% of the difference between gathering level and 100 (so, a .5ql boost at 90q) OR 10% total bump capped at skill level.

This way the former ability will apply to skills that already max things out, and the latter will apply for other uses. This 5% increase shouldn’t stack with imbues at all.

But otherwise, good round of changes. Being able to grab product 30+ q above your level at 70 just simply shouldn’t have existed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

+1

this is serious issue with the amount of trash(non utmost veins.. and lack of 99+ mining players.

"gg" content 👎

I do not get why the trend is to get content to what it was 5+ years ago, remove anything new.. misery instead of qol improvements after rmt drop.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Does this change the ropemaking and butchering imbues also? If so, can someone explain how it will work now?

• Like 1

ok thinking about this i have a question after looking at the numbers. What stops players from using temp players/capped alts from going into a rift and harvesting at a super low ql and then handing them over to get a 100 imbue and then applying that 25 ql difference to a high end pickaxe versus a difference of 7 ql at the high end combo of rift material and imbue? so which base ql are we talking here? the material like runed wood ql or the ql of the item its being applied to like a pickaxe? from what im understanding and i might be wrong here, the base ql is the runed materials ql and the imbue is basically the cast strength for priests...or am i completely wrong here....

If i remember right its ql * rarity = product ql
so if you have a 1ql pickaxe at 1 skill with a rare pickaxe

itd be capped at 1 * 1.1= 1.1
=1.1 + ((100- 1.1) * ((100 / 100) / 4)) = 25.825

can someone explain this to me, IR a Nub lol

As far as I am aware, it only affects Woodcutting and Mining. All other imbues were supposed to have been untouched

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shydow said:

As far as I am aware, it only affects Woodcutting and Mining. All other imbues were supposed to have been untouched

It should be spesified. There are several other useful imbues than the gathering ones really. :) 

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

Just now, Shydow said:

Mining is the main resource to improve tools and weapons.. next is woodcutting ... big enough issue caused by these changes

3 minutes ago, Shydow said:

im confused retro just said that making gathering useless with farming and the like was intentional. is that not the case? so confused