Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Horses becoming invisible and teleporting.

I got several reports from other players that their animals disappear after the server restart. I did not believe till today. I had a horse that stood on an enchanted tile in front of the hitching post (it was not hitched but saddled), Today I noticed it is missing, it was branded, so I have found it...in pens...10 tiles away. The horse, even if it wasn't saddled (and it was) would need to pass two locked gates. I checked the logs and I didn't lead it, It remained on the same tile I branded it on and dressed up.

[15:27:47] His mother is the adolescent fat Mountaindaisy. His father is the adolescent fat Cloudhard. 
[17:16:17] You start leading the adolescent fat Cloudhard.
[17:16:50] You stop leading the adolescent fat Cloudhard.
[17:16:50] You tie off the adolescent fat cloudhard to the hitching post.
[17:24:20] Adolescent fat Cloudhard is no longer tied off to a hitching post.
[17:25:00] You prepare to brand the adolescent fat Cloudhard.
[17:25:09] The adolescent fat Cloudhard makes a horrible sound as you press your branding iron against it.
[17:25:28] Cloudhard gets a horse shoe.
[17:25:31] Cloudhard gets a horse shoe.
[17:25:36] Cloudhard gets a horse shoe.
[17:25:38] Cloudhard gets a horse shoe.
[17:25:43] Cloudhard gets a saddle.
[17:29:03] Cloudhard gets a saddle.
[17:29:12] Cloudhard gets a bridle.
[17:29:16] Cloudhard gets a leather barding.
[17:32:51] Cloudhard gets a saddle.
[04:17:34] The adolescent fat Cloudhard grazes.
[06:35:59] The adolescent fat Cloudhard grazes.
[17:50:56] The mature fat Cloudhard is behind you to the left pretty close by. 
[17:52:14] The mature fat Cloudhard is behind you to the right fairly close by. 
[17:52:35] The mature fat Cloudhard is ahead of you to the left pretty close by. 
[17:53:11] The mature fat Cloudhard is to the left of you pretty close by. 
[17:53:34] The mature fat Cloudhard is in front of you very close. 
[17:54:02] You start leading the mature fat Cloudhard.
[17:54:17] You stop leading the mature fat Cloudhard.
[17:54:17] You tie off the mature fat cloudhard to the hitching post.

Edited by Platyna

Since the latest patch I have horses becoming invisible when hitched to hitching posts, choosing the post and unhitching makes them reappear.

Horses led into a mine are also regularly becoming invisible, and become visible again once I leave the mine.

Whilst invisible, they cannot be seen either by the person performing the action, nor when attempting to see them from another character. With the leading into mines, I have checked on the surface above the mine to see if they were showing up there (as sometimes occurs with animals hitched to a cart/wagon in mine) but this is not the case here.

Edited by Delone
Added info

This occurs also on wagons and I assume on carts too. Was a second worried why my ponies were gone from the wagon, but they were invisible.

I hitched a horse to our hitching post and came back later to find the horse "gone". Unhitching the other horse on the hitching post, made the "invisible" one reappear. (Harmony)

Edited by Aerin

hitched animals to posts and other stuff keep disappearing when you leave session, apparently ive been told its only happening to geared horses

This is happening to hell horses hitched to posts...no gear, and it seems to be only the middle animal should there be 3 hitched.

• Update on the vanishing horses when leading:

Today when leading a horse equipped with saddle bags, and having those saddle bags open, upon entering the mine and waking a couple of tiles, the saddle bag window closed as it does when the horse is too far away from you. I exited the mine and was still leading the horse, and was able to repeat this on every occasion.

In my original report I said lead horses were sometimes becoming invisible - it is not sometimes, but every single time, and is all horses I lead in, geared, ungeared, any age, but seems to be specific to the setup I have on the entrance to the mine on my deed (image below)

It would appear that the horse is not becoming invisible when I enter the mine, it is actually moving to some space other than where I am while still remaining led by me (Maybe there is no check for distance when leading as it shouldn't be able to be out of range of your leading)

Doing some experimenting with another mine, the horses will show when leading into the mine, but no longer follow you in on lead, the moment you enter the mine, they vanish from screen, then a moment later they appear on the tile on which you are standing, previously they remained showing as being led as normal when entering the mine. 

Happy to be contacted in game, occurs on multiple characters, with multiple different profile settings, but the fact that the bag window closes would indicate to me it is not a graphical issue, but the horse actually not being present in the mine. - Impetuous in game, deed is Malazan's Rest on Harmony.

rhJ16Az.jpg

Gated entry to mine, surrounded by low stone walls, High iron fence gate on first tile border inside.

Edited by Delone
Typos, added info

I was telling people about how my horses have been mysteriously "escaping their pens" lately and someone pointed me to this post. I've had 2 horses escape (and there may be more that I'm not aware of). The horses were hitched to hitching posts and inside locked pens. Then I later find them wandering freely around my deed. This bug sounds very much like it could be related.

PS: I now experienced the horses going invisible for the first time as well!

• Like 1

As an update to my post above, I thought that it was perhaps the high iron fence on the first tile border inside the mine that might be causing the issue, as it was not occurring at other similar mines with just a wood gate on the entry, but after bashing the high iron fence gate down, lead horses remained invisible.

I then tried bashing the wooden gate, and this fixed the issue here. Wogic.

Edit:

Well, belay that. Few minutes later I went and got another couple of horses and lead into mine to brand by forge - invisible again. Wogic it is.

Edited by Delone

More info.

After removing the two gates from the mine, I later tried to push a larder into the mine. I was surprised when after crossing the tile border that forms the front of the mine, I was able to continue to push the larder further into the mine entrance - usually once across the border,  you yourself have enter the mine and continue to move from inside the mine. 

Upon the larder reaching the first tile border inside the mine I was now unable to push it any further and got the message that the low stone wall (which was outside the mine, on the top border) was in the way.  I entered into the mine, but even from inside I was getting the message about the low stone wall being in the way, and if I crossed the tile border below the low stone wall inside the mine, and tried to interact with the larder I was not able to, or get context menus for doing anything with it, effectively making the larder completely stuck. 

As an attempted work around, I went off to get my wagon to see if I could load it, and left visual range of the larder.  Upon returning with the wagon, the larder no longer appeared where it had been (inside the mine entrance tile, sitting on the back border) but was now outside the mine, above it on the far side of the wall that is situated on the top border - so pushing it into the mine had somehow made it pop from the entrance tile to the tile above and behind the mine entrance, passing through the wall above to go onto the surface, but not visually updating to show this - if this is what my lead horses are doing when I enter the mine, it would explain why they are going invisible from inside - they are somehow flipping up to the surface, but not being visually updated to show up there, and are not showing in the mine.

UWUt8sg.jpg

Can we please have an update or something about this bug. MANY of us use hitching posts and we are all tired of the animals hitched going invisible. We have to unhitch and re-hitch them, sometimes several times a day. 

Thank you!

Only had this (that I noticed anyway) for the first time on Saturday. One of my cart horses was invisible. Using the animal management it was clearly there in front of me, tried relogging but no change. Unhitched both horses and the invisible one appeared again. They were hitched to the cart inside a large pen area, only minimal equip on them, shoes and bridles. Can't remember if we had a server restart that weekend.

Myself and others that I know, are having them go invisible by the dozens, every day. Sometimes its every animal hitched to a hitching post, sometimes its random. But it is every day, several times a day, happening to many people.

Bump: The hitching post fix has had no effect on the animals going invisible when lead into mine.

Further info:

I  have discovered that if I walk out of the mine leading horses that have gone invisible, but don't  walk off the first tile outside, the lead horses will appear standing on the mine entrance tile. If I then re-enter the mine without leading them out of the mine, they will now continue to be visible inside the mine.

Bump

Invisible animals when leading still happening months later, never been addressed.