Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Wurmtanalexa

Hi!

Tutorials in wurm are the most often revamped feature so it shows that the team is still struggling to find the best way to provide the information the best way possible to newbies.

Whenever i try a new game i always try to skip the tutorial asap but then be able to find specific information as i need it and i think most ppl are like this: they yell "just let me play the game!!" in the tutorial and then only get frustrated when they want to find out something specific as they go about wurming.

This and the fact that wurm is incredibly wast means that the only solution is to make a bot like Cortana and Alexa.

And have the player be able to ask that bot how to make a sickle how to create a bed etc just load all the wurmpedia into it and use like the twitch addons for text to speach to make it talk.

Is gonna be called Wurmtanalexa ofc:)

Also we should be able to have it tell us how the wind is blowing when is a rift starting etc maybe even seasons? (not harvest seasons just when the next one is coming etc.)

TL:DR Rather then investing dev resources on making a new new tutorial every few months just load all wurmpedia in a bot that will use text to speech to give the players the answer for specific stuff they are looking for.