Sign in to follow this  
CistaCista

The Great Stampede - Horse race - finished!

The deed Purebreds H has succesfully hosted two boat races so far. Now it is time to switch stirrups and giddy up for some horse racing!

Cross-country horse race Sunday Jan. 3 at 18:00 UCT

timer_E1609696842.svg

This is a horse race through wilderness; you could get lost and there are always trolls around. But no fear - riders will be near!

Prize purse - 120 silver
First place: 25 silver
Second place: 15 silver, Third place: 10 silver
All other first horses by coat: 5 silver (first Buckskin horse gets 5 silver, first Brown horse gets 5 silver etc. for every horse coat)
Warmup race winners: 5 silver
In addition, all the prize winners will be allowed to buy any horses from Purebreds H at half price on this day. The overall winner of the race can buy horses at half price forever!

Purebreds H deed in M13 on Harmony server. 
The race will be in the forests and other areas of the region. See the next post for details.

Rules
1) All normal horses including Ebony black, no hell horses (maybe next time).
2) No restrictions regarding traits or equipment or any other variations.
3) No alts, you can only race with one character on the day.
4) You must register at the main race 15 minutes before start. If later, you may not be allowed in.
5) You must ride to find the 3 checkpoints in the correct order. They are natural landmarks and easy to see when you get there.
6) Every rider must pick up a certain object from a barrel at each checkpoint. A person is there to help. 

Grounds for disqualification
1) Not passing all 3 checkpoints in the correct order
2) Switching horses or any such shenanigans 
3) If you are found to make marks in the race course after it has been published 
4) If you pick up more than one of the control objects at the checkpoints
5) If you cross the finish line at some crazy angle, you can be demoted a spot. Ride ON the highway to cross the finish line, direction North.

How do I join?
Just show up in good time before the race with a horse, to be registered and invited into race chat. 
We will place people in start formation based on their time to register, like a Formula-1 race grid, so be early! Registration starts 90 minutes before the race and ends 15 minutes before.

Warmup races

These extra races are just for some early fun, and for me to practice check-in and start.
Prizes: 5 silver for the winner
Time: 4 hours before the main race, and 2 hours before the main race. 
Course: around the two nearest neighbour deeds, will take 3-4 minutes (see map below)

Countdown to the first warmup race:

timer_E1609682433.svg

Additional remarks
a) *After* the start, spectators and other people on the server, can be invited to the race chat.
b) you are allowed to jump off the horse and lead it, also through water if you feel you need

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 7

Race course
The 3 checkpoints will be shown on a map in this post around 2 hours before race start. This will give you enough time to scout out the race track. Remember, marking the track will get you disqualified!

HERE IS THE MAP:

Start is just next to the Purebreds H deed and you will start by riding North.

Checkpoints

[1] East corner of the lake.

[2] Northeast corner of the great lake, the barrel is on the bridge there

[3] South shore of the lake.

Y71MBCt.png

Start is just next to the Purebreds H deed and you will start by riding North.
Duration is about 30 minutes on a good horse, but who knows lol. 

Start area looks like this - each starting horse stands on its own tile:
F6OgKV2.png

(alliance mates can not be granted first row positions).

But how do I manage everything before the start?

Here is the ideal way to get ready:

If you have time join the warmup races, after that the race map is published.

Register for the main race 90 minutes before start, then go scout the territory. Come back a bit before the main race, and your start spot is here waiting for you!

Warmup race

Track for the warmup races is shown below. For going around the neighbour deeds, ride outside the wall on the first deed, and outside the hedge AND the animal enclosure on the second deed, then back to the start/finish:
2uTz1It.jpg

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 4

That's a bit of money! You guys must be making a killing on the horse sales, way to share some of the wealth :)

• Like 1

Thank you Cista and all the helpers, that was a lot of fun!

Thank you all!

The race went very well, 10 riders were at the start line, and noone got eaten along the way!

1. Dalden (skewbald horse Rainrun)

2. Faerran (black)

3. Gryphyth (Brown)

And runners up were Hod, Nyest, Taraniss, Saphireena, Yurisa, Godric and Blueskies.

Everybody had brought pretty horses and this resulted in everyone actually winning a prize :P

Seeing the riders sprinting for the race checkpoints along a lake shore and knowing they are having fun was a great experience. Hope to see some pictures

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 4

https://imgur.com/a/qg32gug  These are all the participants for the race!  (If you have a better image you want me to use, let me know!) pm Killashandra

Edited by KindraShae
updated
  • Like 4

Thanks again for this amazing event Cista and everyone else who took part! I had an absolute blast! 

And Kindra, I'm so sorry I didn't see your message, I was AFK sailing heheh. Here's a shot of Saphireena for you: 

Saphireena.jpg

• Like 4

Please advertise more next time. Hearing about this after the fact is maddening.

• Like 1

And in case anyone missed the Factional Fight stream of the whole thing, here's the VOD link.

• Like 2

Well done, Cistacista, Killashandra and everybody else, in and out of alliance, for hosting this event, that I typically missed...

We possibly are the awesommest alliance on Harmony! ❤️

We might need to find a marketing person for next event, @Retrograde

Edited by Cecci
changed a word for variety

Didn't had time or forgot (read: stress) to take pictures.. but man... That was a lot of fun!!
You did an amazing job Cista!!!

7 hours ago, Malena said:

And in case anyone missed the Factional Fight stream of the whole thing, here's the VOD link.

That was magnificent! I love how nervous the brothers got when it was 5 minutes before start. The whole thing was intense!

Also I must confess, I never knew there was a tunnel through that last mountain, I assumed everyone would take the way West around it. Which still seems the fastest...

The worst mistake I made was clearly to wait with forming the team chat. It should of course have been up while people were scouting.

I will take the brothers' advise and publish any further race I make in Town Square, and maybe in Global Chat, if the mods will allow that.

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 3