Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Stanlee should get a title of Event Master or something.

Stanlee should get a title of Event Master or something, because...we all know why. 

• Like 7

I'm a bit of a one-trick pony in that regard; I'm often impressed by the people able to host much bigger, much more involved events like impalongs.

If there were to be such a title, I'd expect it to be for someone able to run all sorts of events!

A good idea Platyna and a good choice of title.

For many people, impalongs. labyrinths or unique hunts are the glue that sticks Wurm together with the community.

I understand the view of Stanlee but I think he underestimates the contribution that he and other people make towards Wurm. 

If he is against a title for himself, what about a special tabard (or cloak!!!!) for someone who puts together a community event that is advertised through the forum? 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Stanlee said:

I'm a bit of a one-trick pony in that regard; I'm often impressed by the people able to host much bigger, much more involved events like impalongs.

If there were to be such a title, I'd expect it to be for someone able to run all sorts of events!

Look pally, you can use the title or not. But you surely deserve one, you make Wurm a lot more fun for many people, despite the fact you and your buddies could do private slayings and profit. 🙂 And sorry but no one hosts bigger events than you do and also no one stops other players to suggest other candidates for this title.

I hope that Wurm staff, who are in a Christmas mood (and we all appreciate that I hope so), will like to fulfil this request. 🙂 

Edited by Platyna

Just give him his purple dragon and digging imbues and call it a day.  No titles needed.

• Like 4

dam i should have gotten a rain check for my previous slayings so i could get the event master event master event master title

Stanlee's events are always fun, full of colours, sounds and craziness (in a good way).

I's give him a MC title, yunno, MC Stanlee! He deserves a recognition, then we can force him into hosting ballet evenings (no puns, please! or else!), mimes in the woods and other special things!

+1 for Platyna's suggestion!

And if not a title, at least a MC wand, similar to Emoo's drinking shoe ;)

I could definitely get behind an MC title for Stanlee! Could we pretty please get him something resembling a microphone in game? That would be fantastic. 

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

No, I dont get his name right often enough. 

Let me help you: S T A N L E E (2xE). 😉 Now give the man the title. 😜 

Edited by Platyna

2 hours ago, Evening said:

I's give him a MC title, yunno, MC Stanlee! He deserves a recognition, then we can force him into hosting ballet evenings (no puns, please! or else!), mimes in the woods and other special things!

What on Wearth is MC title? 

45 minutes ago, Evening said:

Master of Ceremony

If you call sticking cold hard steel up a dragon's butt a ceremony, I am for it. ;) 

Some of you are too new to realize this, but before Stanlee there were others who did the very same thing.. MANY times. OR is one..

*EDIT* and it's appreciated by all, whoever does it. On NFI right now we have Bleu doing slays over and over. 

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 2

I agree it should not be only for Stanlee, but should still definitely be for Stanlee.  He might say it isn't as much work as an impalong, which is true, but how many impalongs does an individual player put on in a year compared to how often Stanlee send out his invites in a year?

• Like 1

How about "DJ" for that festive party vibe, and for -anyone- who has put together a minimum of five major community wide events. Someone can nominate an individual (and individuals can nominate themselves) then "whoever" can determine if they indeed qualify, OR we can have a quarterly poll on a roster of candidates. (Just some way to ensure someone doesn;t try to get the title by doing 5 mini events that shouldn't really count, like a local boat race or something)

Or Event Master or MC, those all work for me.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Brash I think DJ doesn't find much in our medieval setting, and some people try to RP here. ;)