Sign in to follow this  
Ermenegildo

How important is the island population?

In your opinion: in PVE how important is the population of the island in which you play? And why.

Edited by Ermenegildo
Specified pve :P

in case of pvp - 100%

i think that i dont have to explain why

• Cat 1

Is very important to me.

It always matter to me, if there are a lot of deeds on the way, when I travel across Xanadu. It is important if we have bigger communities, and how many of them we have. If we have people to trade, to talk. If i can travel across the land and meet new people, rather than being all alone for many hours, sometimes many days of traveling. 

Of course, most players, most of the time works alone on own stuff, but what's the point if we're the only ones to see and use it? 

• Like 3

Community is the reason I still play.  PvE is quite boring when alone, may as well spin up a WU server on my PC if I never see anyone.

• Like 2

I don't like the idea of having people on my server, but I do like having people in my chat or my cluster so I can interact as and when I choose without it being forced upon me against my will. When the server gets "too full" (10 or more players for a xan sized server =p) I get anxious and worried about the "natural" area around me being destroyed (like when you live in the woods IRL and someone buys the lot next to you, cuts down all the trees, and builds a house on the property line so theyre looking through your kitchen window). Smaller populations mean more natural terrain, more nice places to roam and hunt, less contention over resources, and less conflicts over borders or wanting to turn an orchard between local deeds into a recreation of the Madmax wasteland.

My dream has long been to have my own server that is part and parcel of the main cluster but has border permissions so I can grant access to only those I choose. I'd gladly pay the "tier" cost to cover all operating costs and a markup on such an instance, especially if there were an option to collect taxes on upkeep from those I allowed to settle on the instance to help offset costs. It would be great because loners could be loners, but those who want elaborate villages and alliances could really structure their server accordingly and it would be far more clear to people looking to join a server just what sort of experience they were opting into rather than it all being a hit or miss hodgepodge of if you happen to find the right experience before your angry neighbor chases you off their lawn by releasing their pack of 20 champ hellhounds because you cut down the trees in their perimeter.

• Like 4