Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

Chicken coop QL should affect food/water consumption instead

Chicken coops were a fun idea, until we found out that they're absolute rubbish. Chicken lay eggs of 99 QL if just kept around  and feeding them mixed grass. That's the way it's always been and I'm not questioning it, just as much as water is always perfect... it's 100 QL, there's no tile in the world where water is worse than anywhere else. The milk coming out of any udder, be it cow, sheep, or bison, it's always milk just as nature intended it to be... milk is 100 QL.

Now why are eggs suddenly only the QL of the coop? That doesn't make no clucking sense.

Coops can house just so many hens, as their QL permits 1 chicken every 10 QL... how does that make sense? I think eggs should be 99 QL and the coop QL should lower food and water consumption similar to something like a Wind of Ages enchant, whereas unenchanted water/lumps/or other resource has a 12 seconds imping timer, with a 100 strength enchant it's only 6 seconds. With rare, supreme, and fantastic reduces it by another chunk. Hens in coops eat and drink so bloody much, and them popping out is such a desaster, I've long given up on using them. RIP this feature. And the egg QL capped with the coop is just another farce.

I'd say, 10 chicken per coop, food/water usage as horrid as it is right now at 1 QL, but reduced at higher quality levels, as well as rare state. Please.

And the point that chicken in coop creatures don't count toward deed creatures is pointless, just keep 'em off-deed. Plus, you don't have any problems because they all pop out after 2 days, because they gobble up a fortune.

But Ulvi, you haven't given us cold hard numbers for your claims. Right, as if the staff has ever given us any cold hard numbers for their nerfs. I don't even have to cough at imbues at runes, do I?

• Like 6

+1 the coops definitely need a change. The egg ql thing really does make them pointless.

+1!! I held out as long as I could because it was nice having fertile eggs automatically sorted, but I couldn't keep up with the food demand. It also just doesn't make any sense that eggs would be lower quality when laid in a sheltered nest vs dropped on the ground.

20 hours ago, Ulviirala said:

Chicken coops were a fun idea, until we found out that they're absolute rubbish. Chicken lay eggs of 99 QL if just kept around  and feeding them mixed grass. That's the way it's always been and I'm not questioning it, just as much as water is always perfect... it's 100 QL, there's no tile in the world where water is worse than anywhere else. The milk coming out of any udder, be it cow, sheep, or bison, it's always milk just as nature intended it to be... milk is 100 QL.

Now why are eggs suddenly only the QL of the coop? That doesn't make no clucking sense.

Coops can house just so many hens, as their QL permits 1 chicken every 10 QL... how does that make sense? I think eggs should be 99 QL and the coop QL should lower food and water consumption similar to something like a Wind of Ages enchant, whereas unenchanted water/lumps/or other resource has a 12 seconds imping timer, with a 100 strength enchant it's only 6 seconds. With rare, supreme, and fantastic reduces it by another chunk. Hens in coops eat and drink so bloody much, and them popping out is such a desaster, I've long given up on using them. RIP this feature. And the egg QL capped with the coop is just another farce.

I'd say, 10 chicken per coop, food/water usage as horrid as it is right now at 1 QL, but reduced at higher quality levels, as well as rare state. Please.

And the point that chicken in coop creatures don't count toward deed creatures is pointless, just keep 'em off-deed. Plus, you don't have any problems because they all pop out after 2 days, because they gobble up a fortune.

But Ulvi, you haven't given us cold hard numbers for your claims. Right, as if the staff has ever given us any cold hard numbers for their nerfs. I don't even have to cough at imbues at runes, do I?

Fantastic idea.

I think they need to be reworked a bit in general. They absolutely pale in quality to the hitching post. A single chicken gets disease because you didn't brush them constantly and daily? They're now all over the place, have fun nerd

Yes, please! Chicken coops could be great but instead they just sit abandoned, devoid of chickens, on most deeds that built them.