Sign in to follow this  
Badvoc

Rank your PVE Gods

So tonight over a game of checkers, been discussing the gods, priests and spells.

its got me to thinking , I wonder what other people think of the different gods, which are useful and which aren't so much in a PvE setting.

So just for fun, if you had to rank them what order would you pick?

They just got rid of a bunch of player Gods.  I think the God changes are done.

I like all of them equally, sometimes even the evil misunderstood sister they have.

Imo it has to be

Fo -  who doesn't love leaving a trail of grass everywhere, 3x3 grass yummy!

then Vynora / Libila    

that's it isn't it?  as I haven't seen a mag priest in an age!   :)

24 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

Nahjo, definitely nahjo.  Who are the rest of you lot again?

Nahjo just for the name!

• Like 2

Fo!  The weakest god, who will one day be buffed for PvE as deserved!

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 3

Magra-non-consenting Warrior-God. Join us in battle. Unwillingly.

As much as i love Magranon and my deed is named after him, i spent most of my time on PvE as a Fo priest. The simple reason is the utility. Fo has so many useful spells to allow you to enjoy playing it as a main priest AND is the only one capable of mining as well as digging. Which makes it the perfect utility builder priest. Even as a main priest i was rarely hindered in my deed building works because i was Fo.

• Like 2

I like that one that shows up when you've gotten stuck with a ship inside a house, that's my favourite one

• Like 2

On 12/27/2020 at 9:15 AM, Aeris said:

I like that one that shows up when you've gotten stuck with a ship inside a house, that's my favourite one

I remember that

• Like 1

Vynora. Everyone else is saying Vyn for the obvious reasons - CoC, follower skillgain. But hear me out here: cold spells

• Like 1

All y'all are so cute. with your favorite lil' gods. Awwww.

Fo. The correct answer is Fo. 

Everyone who answered Fo above, knows what's what. 

Okay, seriously tho... I am actually fairly equal-minded about all 4 of 'em (that's right, I said 4). Without any sort of real universal constants that imbue arbitrary mortal concepts (Justice. Good. Bad. Evil. Right. Wrong. etc)... the bottom line is that gods are gods, and pretty much equal in cosmic terms. Which means the only way to make any kind of judgement calls about the values, principles, or ideologies these gods inspire is to look at the actions of their adherents and clergy. 

The following remarks and conclusions are ONLY about life inside the Wurm universe. ONLY WURM. Okay? Soooooo....

• The very worst, most awful player I know routinely endorses the idea "Kill the gods!"  - so that's a strike against being atheist in the Wurm universe. 

• The most awful thing I've seen done to community / public space was perpetrated by a militant follower of Magranon - sorry Mags, but deeding over a public resource AND destroying a much loved Highway AND keeping KoS active for everybody is just one step too far. We're trying to have a community here; get your followers in line!

• The most active followers feel like a tie for me. On one hand, on my specific home server, Libila's clergy are routinely holding sermons for her followers. All. The. Time. ... but, I actually know more people who are followers of Vynora. I see Vynora altars literally everywhere. Vyn followers are all over chat talking about following Vyn. So, both Ladies seem to inspire loyal and socially-inclined, active but not hostile adherents That's a big thumbs up there! 

• Finally, again on my home server, the clergy in the most demand are the priests of Fo. Everybody wants or needs services from a Fo priest or follower basically every single day. Almost as much as people want Path of Love to come enchant their grass. True, dedicated followers of Fo seem like a very precious and highly valued rarity. Like a Middlemist Red Camellia.
  • Like 1

Surprised to see no one mentioned Tosiek :D

Remember when everyone had to lower their alignment doing naughty things to join his cult? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Vynora is the best though.

• Like 1