Sign in to follow this  
Badvoc

in game Ignore to cover all chat tabs

As the title, would it be possible to have the ignore system cover all chat tabs?

• Like 1

regarding the latest dramas this might be a healthy thing (says me with 0 ignores anywhere).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

regarding the latest dramas this might be a healthy thing (says me with 0 ignores anywhere).

That drama is 9 months old. 😉 And hell yes, it was also my suggestion - ignore list is ignore list. However, I cleared my ignore list and will try to keep it clear as long as I can. 

I am now surprised that ignore doesn't do this already because I thought it did... though I can see why you would want to apply it to only specific tabs.

I ignored someone whom I had an altercation with (on GM instruction) but I wanted to see if he tried to sell the stuff I thought he had stolen from me in Trade.

Why not stay of those chats that ignore isnt on?

I played since 2008 nad never had any on ignore :)

Merry xmas :)

28 minutes ago, Maiya said:

Why not stay of those chats that ignore isnt on?

I played since 2008 nad never had any on ignore :)

Merry xmas :)

I only have ever had 1 person on ignore, CA is an important tool and it is the one tab you really cant avoid, more so if you need help with a question. 

Merry xmas to you and your family and I hope you have a great new year!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Badvoc said:

Merry xmas to you and your family and I hope you have a great new year!

the same to you and everyone else :)

CA Help would be the only channel /ignore would not work on, and that channel is strictly moderated by CA staff. Anything not relating to a game mechanics question or an answer to one would be entirely disallowed and shut down immediately.

Should anyone decide that is a genius place to bypass a /ignore, say when CA staff are not online, when reported they would face repercussions later when staff are again online.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

CA Help would be the only channel /ignore would not work on, and that channel is strictly moderated by CA staff. Anything not relating to a game mechanics question or an answer to one would be entirely disallowed and shut down immediately.

Should anyone decide that is a genius place to bypass a /ignore, say when CA staff are not online, when reported they would face repercussions later when staff are again online.

That's great. May I ask is there a reason why Ignore doesn't work on CA or why its felt its not needed there?

5 minutes ago, Badvoc said:

That's great. May I ask is there a reason why Ignore doesn't work on CA or why its felt its not needed there?

CA Help is only intended for game mechanics questions and answers. Personal disputes have no place in this channel. 

13 minutes ago, neopherus said:

CA Help is only intended for game mechanics questions and answers. Personal disputes have no place in this channel. 

Indeed, but anyone can answer, including the person you have ignored on other channels, I am just wondering why cant Ignore cover all the chat, I see no downside to allowing the people who don't want to have any interaction of any sorts with the people on there ignore list, why should I have to stay away from a major channel in game due to trying to avoid a very toxic player?

If theres a good reason fair enough, but I cant see any downside to it. 

There are people who are abrasive asshats in public chats who are still perfectly able to obey the rules of the CA channel and provide helpful answers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Badvoc said:

Indeed, but anyone can answer, including the person you have ignored on other channels, I am just wondering why cant Ignore cover all the chat, I see no downside to allowing the people who don't want to have any interaction of any sorts with the people on there ignore list, why should I have to stay away from a major channel in game due to trying to avoid a very toxic player?

If theres a good reason fair enough, but I cant see any downside to it. 

As I stated above, CA Help is intended for game mechanics questions. If just seeing the name of someone you're ignoring is enough to annoy you, I would think the problem lies somewhere else.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:53 AM, neopherus said:

As I stated above, CA Help is intended for game mechanics questions. If just seeing the name of someone you're ignoring is enough to annoy you, I would think the problem lies somewhere else.

and if there's a group of people who finds a person or persons a problem in CA help is it all there problem?

But again you didn't answer my question, is there a reason why it can't cover the CA help,  I know fully what CA help is for and I have also seen CA help with mods on ( better now for that since the merge ) But if I for example ignore person A , that doesn't effect anyone else at all , just means I wont get any answers from people on ignore in the chat channel and since the GM advice 9 times of of 10 is to ignore people who are causing you grief / problems in game,  and they tell you to do this to have no interactions with said person why cant it cover all channels ?

Very interested to know the reason behind it.

Wont be because of multi answers to questions, that happens already and you cant ignore mods, so I cant see any downside for it, unless I am missing something?

and if there's a group of people who finds a person or persons a problem in CA help is it all there problem?

Yes. CA Help is a tightly moderated chat, main issues are not single persons but everyone's habit to chat too much beyond the answers asked and questions given. If a person (meaning a player character) is felt a problem just by her or his name not conduct in CA that feeling is a problem of those who feel that way.

The ignore functions are meant to avoid conflicts where players feel unable to reconcile with others. It naturally does not extend everywhere. There is also no "right" to make ignored players invisible ingame.

13 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Yes. CA Help is a tightly moderated chat, main issues are not single persons but everyone's habit to chat too much beyond the answers asked and questions given. If a person (meaning a player character) is felt a problem just by her or his name not conduct in CA that feeling is a problem of those who feel that way.

The ignore functions are meant to avoid conflicts where players feel unable to reconcile with others. It naturally does not extend everywhere. There is also no "right" to make ignored players invisible ingame.

I understand that fully, but is there any downside to ignore covering all, even if its just the fact the person doesn't want to see a name or have that person answer questions, what harm does it do to have ignore cover that tab? More so when a GM's first response is to tell players to /ignore when groups cant get along

I use help so little anyway now doesn't really effect me, Some of the debates are a pain as answers can get lost, but after chatting to a couple of people on the NFI this subject has come up more than once and I cant think of any downside at all and only pros to changing it.

Would it be better if people felt a person was winding them up by "long winded replies or trying to cause debates" after each answer to keep reporting that person causing more work or staff or a simple /ignore covers everything?

If theres a reason why its not a good idea, open to having my mind changed on this, but I really cant think of any?

I understand that fully, but is there any downside to ignore covering all, even if its just the fact the person doesn't want to see a name or have that person answer questions, what harm does it do to have ignore cover that tab? More so when a GM's first response is to tell players to /ignore when groups cant get along

I use help so little anyway now doesn't really effect me, Some of the debates are a pain as answers can get lost, but after chatting to a couple of people on the NFI this subject has come up more than once and I cant think of any downside at all and only pros to changing it.

Would it be better if people felt a person was winding them up by "long winded replies or trying to cause debates" after each answer to keep reporting that person causing more work or staff or a simple /ignore covers everything?

If theres a reason why its not a good idea, open to having my mind changed on this, but I really cant think of any?

Imagine this: player A is ignoring player B, but but player B is not ignoring player A. Player A asks a question in CA Help and B replies correctly to this question. Everyone else sees the correct reply and see no reason to answer. Player A does not see the reply and perceives this as being ignored..

• Like 1

exactly , why bother if u are truly getting hassled others can see the fool anyway, and some may ignore for the sillyest of reasons hey ------

That's a fair point but and something we discussed in our group and everyone pretty much agreed if you felt strongly enough to ignore someone for what ever reason, you wouldn't want that person to interact with you anyway, add to the fact you tend to get multi answers to a question anyway, sometimes 3 or 4 replies not really a problem and now with help merged plenty of CA's on most the time and the most helpful people don't tend to end up on peoples ignores lists anyway.

you could even say not being able to ignore a person who you don't want to interact with could drive players away from help, as they avoid that player on there meaning less players using help and less players around to help?  I know of one person who was very active on help before the merge wont use it now for that very reason,

The slight downside of knowing you may miss the odd answer it was felt would be a risk worth taking and at the end of the day,  it would be the players choice to decide which way  is a better option, to just Ignore the person or system ignore. I decided to make this topic as a suggestion as I have a forum account and am very interested if there was a underlining reason with the devs why it was this way and some of our group don't visit the forum. 

I am of the view if the advice given by the GM team when two people don't or cant get along is to ignore said person, it should have an option to ignore on all channels even if that means having the means to choose , maybe in a settings tab how much you ignore , maybe an extra setting to cover Help?  I think that would be a much better system for in game.

interesting subject and I went from your pretty much your stance ( I raised the same point missing questions ) but after ours groups debate changed my views completely.

Thanks for your reply,

9 hours ago, Badvoc said:

This is the exact issue. CA help has constantly devolved into discussions on mechanics that aren't even related to the original question because it's being regularly steered off topic by specific players. As a result, questions are getting missed that are legitimate questions, not just hashing out opinions on some obscure mechanic. It's often excused that the discussion is somehow related to the original question, but in reality it's well beyond the scope of questions being asked.

• Like 2

All the person wants is actual ignore that works and gives you the ability to fully deny somebody's existence in any text form from the chat tabs, not that much really.

I can point a finger at who he wants to not see, and it aligns with few other if not many other.. but lets keep the xmas spirits.. and *hic* keep spirting as we were..

Snipe is too easy to abuse solo+prem alts/team/alliance/group being in-game or from irc/discord/etc.. the more players you have the easier it gets, the more details you know about how it works the easier it gets to abuse it and troll people.

• Like 1