Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Checker board does not fit on small square table.

I got a chequerboard from Santa, a very thoughtful gift, I tried to place it on a completely empty small square table (which quite big) and I get this, despite the fact there are no other items there:

[17:40:00] You start to place a luxurious checker board.

[17:40:05] There is no room for the luxurious checker board on the small square table.

This table is big enough to even fit 4 boards like this, looks like a bug. 

EDIT: It also doesn't seem to work on other tables similar to IRL chess ones, but can fit on a cupboard. 

Edited by Platyna

I noticed this as well. It fits on top of a large magic chest and other items with seemingly smaller surface areas. Not sure how it is coded.

Just now, nicedreams said:

Maybe they'll add a new "game table" next patch?

I have a small table and a perfect place for this chequerboard, so I would like to use it, I hope devs will fix it. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Vorticella said:

It does fit on the round table, which is similar in size to the square one

Well then it only confirms it is a bug. 

Could you have least put the OP in a spoiler with a warning for those who haven't yet received their gift?

Also; the gift is in the title.  Really?  Please don't spoil it for everyone outside your time zone.

Edited by TheTrickster

1 hour ago, Pomona said:

Thank you for reporting this, will forward on.

Thank you. Pomona. 

42 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Could you have least put the OP in a spoiler with a warning for those who haven't yet received their gift?

Also; the gift is in the title.  Really?  Please don't spoil it for everyone outside your time zone.

Sorry Trickster but to not know about this gift you have to close yourself in a concrete vault - there is speech about it all over the Freedom and forums...so I didn't think about it. 

27 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Sorry Trickster but to not know about this gift you have to close yourself in a concrete vault - there is speech about it all over the Freedom and forums...so I didn't think about it. 

If I was logged in to see it in chat I would also have been logged in to collect it, so it wouldn't have been much of a spoiler.  In any event, I ignore the global chats most of the time, only occasionally dipping in to CA and Trade, so it isn't hard to just not look.

As to the Forum, I saw mention of gifts in patch notes but could easily just not scroll down to read specifics.  When the gift is named in the thread title, it is impossible to unsee.  

I started in Wurm in late 2019, and last Christmas and there was plenty of discussion of the gift without actually naming it.  It felt like a couple of weeks after Christmas before cat was let out of the [sleeping] bag.  Until then it was just "the gift".  <sigh> standards are slipping 😉   Although, when I started I didn't even know there was such a thing as Wurm Christmas gifts for prem, and I hadn't gone premium yet, so I missed the one Christmas gift out of all of them that I would have chosen 😞.   Armed with a couple of legacy gifts, I aim to trade for it.

• Like 1

Just checked and it does fit at a large dining table.

So it looks like it's indeed the small table only. Has anyone already checked the marble table?

Thorin :)