Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Make Christmas trees to last longer.

Hi, they are so beautiful, a person who drawn it has a very good sense of taste, and in Poland we traditionally keep them up to January the 6th, which is The Kings day. Snowmen last like almost a Wurm year...

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 4

I made mine a few weeks ago (where I am it is "traditional" to have a tree dressed at the start of December) and when I logged in this morning it was gone.  One of our villagers has put several around the town, and apparently had to replace them already, and the one in the centre of town was at 70% damage this morning.  

Maybe make them available from late November (or 1 December) and have no decay until the start of January and then have more reasonable decay.

Or, let us make a potted one, that we can keep alive with pruning, like keeping herbs alive through harvesting.

• Like 4

Where I am we dress the tree the first weekend of December and leave it up until 'Twelfth Night'  (5 January) which is Epiphany Eve.

I know Wurm is not denominational but like most games it makes a nod to Christmas and it would be nice to carry that through with the dates.

I like the idea of a tree that is available from 1st December and takes no decay until year end then decays rapidly and vanishes on 6th January. 

The idea of an additional 'potted' tree that can be maintained for that period would also be a good solution for traditionalists.

We can all wack up a tree to grab the gift, but many of us would like to celebrate more traditionally, I think.

Edited by Sulcofuron
  • Like 1

In Sweden we take down xmas tree the tjugondag knut, with a julgransplundring (children's party after Christmas),  which is 20 days after xmas so the 13 january. 

Yes please to longer lasting trees! Guess I made mine about a week too early, had a rare one that was first outside by my token, starting taking heavy damage pretty much right away so put it inside house thinking that might help. Thought about sitting it on top of magic chest but the only character at the deed at the moment is an alt who didn't have the strength to pick it up :D Anyway, out sick for a few days and now when I logged her in quickly for gifts yesterday, its gone :(  Really can't see why they take so much damage so fast on deed and even in a house, it is sad making.

Decorating with a dead tree effigy for too long might bring wurm king's wrath upon yourself or your deed if you proudly decorate with such for a whole wurm year~(1IRL month as normally some do whole December)

Which opens the question.. why we have xmas tree for irl holiday, but nothing of ingame faiths to decorate with.. no fo, lib, mag, vyn specific decorations besides an altar and statuette which have other purpose. (archaeology is it's own section)

A small modification to my suggestion: can rare and supreme Christmas trees have no decay? C'mon if someone wants a shiny tree in their house all year long, why not? ;) I just made a supreme Christmas tree - it is funny because it is my first ever item that I crafted, and it went supreme. I put it on the merchant because hell I am not going to let it decay. 

• Like 2