Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 23/DEC/20

PatchNotes-1.jpg

Ho ho ho!

Santa is here with his yearly gifts for all premium Wurmians! Simply speak with Santa at any starter town, or build your own Christmas tree to find a gift underneath!
This gift won’t stay around forever, available from 3 pm server time on the 23rd until 12pm on the 31st of December!

Patch notes:

• Change: You can no longer bury corpses on deeds where you cannot terraform. Requires terraforming village role permission.
  • Change: Wool items may now be used to bandage wounds, functioning identically to cotton items.
    • The master cape, like kingdom robes, may now be used to bandage wounds an infinite number of times.
    • Some unique items, such as newbie items and anniversary gifts, are now unable to be used as bandages, to prevent accidental destruction.
  • Change: Player disease will no longer worsen if there are no other players or creatures present on the same tile.
    • Players will now be slightly less likely to catch disease, and when a player is diseased, it will heal slightly more quickly when healing, and worsen slightly more slowly when worsening.
  • PvP Change: You now need to wait 2 minutes on PvP servers after combat to be able to use /stuck.
  • Bugfix: Light Tokens will now properly decay on deed, inside forges.
  • Bugfix: Creature tile position is now saved when hitching, this should help solve hitched creatures getting diseased for no reason.
  • Bugfix: Removed repeated text from summon soul question popup.
  • Bugfix: Wrath of Magranon will no longer deal damage on villages outside raid windows
  • Bugfix: No longer possible to lead more creatures than intended by using karma to summon creatures
  • Bugfix: Roaming depot will now show its light at the proper time
  • Bugfix: Marks shop swap deity will always give proper alignment for your new god and is no longer blocked for mayors when not changing kingdom also.
  • Bugfix: Traitor missions will now properly trigger when there is also a kill x mission of the same creature.
  • Bugfix: Single server Valrei instances will now properly give out prizes to the winner on completion of a scenario.
  • Bugfix: When entering or leaving a cave creatures following will now always enter your layer and no longer get stuck on a different layer than you.
  • Like 2

Cape....?

Ignore just read up on it in wiki.... did not know about that one... Wurm is still full of surprises....

Edited by Josuhacalvert
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: You can no longer bury corpses on deeds where you cannot terraform. Requires terraforming village role permission.

My guess is that this change is in place so that people can not bury corpses that other people have collected and is storing on their deed.

Some thoughts:

* I would never have thought this would be connected to terraforming, so, it would be a hard permission to understand.

* You will not longer be able to bury corpses that you have in your inventory when on a deed where you do not have terraforming permissions.

My suggestion for change:

* You may no longer bury a corpse that is on the ground without permission to be able to pick it up.

Reasoning:

* If you can pick up items, you can take it and bury it elsewhere.

* If you have corpse already in inventory you should be allowed to bury it anywhere.

* This does not require any update to the existing permission settings.

• Like 5

The Gift Pack can contain the following items from previous gifts:

• festive bedroll
  • snowman
  • christmas saddle bags
  • picnic basket
  • yule reindeer
  • yule goat
  • snow lantern
  • santa hat
  • Like 5

Seriously one of the best gifts ever! I love it so much. I've already beat Kristof. Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts! 

Only question is - this year's gift take damage if left out on a table? I haven't found a spot to put it where it's safe otherwise?

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, WURM STAFF AND WURMIANS!!!

• Like 3

This year's gift should act same as decoration items and won't decay on deed. It'll be made improvable with the next update though (on the 29th)

• Like 8

Thanks, Samool!  I'm super excited to beat Kris more often now.  In checkers, ofc.

Damn, i must say this years gift is amazing :D i hope something simmilar will follow in future updates :D

P.S. I dont even know how to play it lol, it isnt popular game in my country but perfect oportunity to learn it :)

Wow! Just wow!! I am super thankful for this gift...lots of hard work went into making it possible. Very thoughtful, Thank you!

Let the games begin!

Great work guys on the presents. 

Now I'm getting ideas about starting a games room. 😁

49 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Any possibility to allow the gift to fit into a backpack?

+1 #2 & #3

Wow, this is a wonderful gift!!! I'm super excited to see this new activity in the game. It's fun to use and a beautiful decoration too. I have wished we had something like this, and seen others mention it too but never thought it would really happen! It was very nice to get one of the past gifts too, that was a lovely surprise. Thank you!!! 

• Like 2

did you try size rune on backpack maybe? or was there rune to decreases size of item that you can appy on gift dont remember

But yeah  agree, having it fit in backpack would be quite helpfull for carying it to events

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

Woot!!!!  Board Games!  Thanks Wurm Team.  Now for some quality interaction with others that is not mind-numbing.  Of course Chess would be a great next game.

Who's setting up a gaming house?  Getting my knarr ready for travel.

Hope this gets expanded like:

Implement  www.cardgames.io into Wurm Online.  j/k but would be cool though.

KING ME!

• Like 1

Magnificent shield, I like the pattern!

Spoiler

k71VrzD.png

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

5 hours ago, Samool said:

This year's gift should act same as decoration items and won't decay on deed. It'll be made improvable with the next update though (on the 29th)

Any chance the other xmas gifts could be impable in the future too?  Gnomes, Santa hats, etc?  I was really excited with the impable nature of haloween gifts.

Thanks for the checkers board. however that just made me even more sad as i have noone to play it with on Epic. 👍😕

14 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Thanks for the checkers board. however that just made me even more sad as i have noone to play it with on Epic. 👍😕

Maybe they'll allow a spirit templar to play with you.

love the checkerboard so fancy too bad it wont fit on a small table or tripod would look much better 🤷‍♂️ WOlogic i guess lol. would also love to see an option for chess but baby steps right lol. love it all the same just played myself a game no shocker i won but i didnt make it easy for myself

• Like 1

Loving the checkerboard! :)🎁 Merry Christmas! 🎄

11 hours ago, Skatyna said:

You can always play against yourself until someone comes along. It gives you the ability to do so.

Bring back /push in pvp, it'll help stuck characters... lol

Sign in to follow this