Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. Merry Christmas!

2 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

And you hear that painting and dye creation is going to change, because new players can't exactly figure out this mechanic or this was so random and old, and now we just simply pick the color we like, craft voila. (that's only example), and let's say you don't like it.

That change was important for me. I do not play 10 years, I don't even play one year, but I am a hardcore player and a fan of Wurm, but I feel more and more that Wurm staff treats me and other people like me as an annoying fly or at least they do not care about our input at all. 

I worked out nice suggestions about black dye with Zarame - who is an expert dye maker, we even dug through patents etc. - I didn't even deserved a comment from a development team in these Suggestions threads, after my posts GMs popped out and removed black dye stashes, and I am blamed for that by other players. So it became some Sophocles like tragedy or Franz Kafka style situation where I - a new player - became a centre of it - and I have no idea what the hell I did wrong. It is just a dye, rare expensive dye, it didn't require any balancing. We should have a lot of dyes, eyes candies etc. at any colour we want. 

I worked so long for RPG economies, I rescued several games from falling down. I can't disclose much because I was paid for most of my work, and I am bound by NDAs.

I wrote to them politely asking them to not do the nerf in Year Years, so we have festivities instead of drama - I didn't even get a reply. This is frustrating, especially that this is a really amazing and expensive game. I do speak and speak and speak about lack of communication and openness to new ideas, that fall on the deaf ear. I just observe how much people I loved to play with have 200-250 days idle, and then I write them emails, and they give me their items and say: "sorry not coming back".

2 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Instead of this, why cant you focus more on adding things like ingame events?

I wrote about it to staff too, included suggestions that worked for many other games I helped to develop or GM, in private because there were spoilers. 

I wish Wurm so much good and success, I would love to play till the last days - mine or Wurm's, but it cannot continue like that, it needs a groundbreaking reform. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

Devs:  We're nerfing this.

Players:  But we like this.

Devs: But this is not the direction we want for the game.... "organic growth" (wtf?)

Then people vote with their wallets eh.

Oh well.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 5:44 AM, Retrograde said:

We'll be tweaking some aspects, as we're aware the current system limits actual 100 players from getting 100ql ore, and will continue to adjust if need be based on observations and feedback. 

I've heard that line before somewhere...

I'm sure it was mentioned on the magic update a few years back...

19 hours ago, Platyna said:

It is just a dye, rare expensive dye, it didn't require any balancing. We should have a lot of dyes, eyes candies etc. at any colour we want.

The dye in question was made due to the mass exploiting of a very obvious bug in dye color calculations, so the bug was fixed and much of the existing bugged dye was removed. It had nothing to do with you, and if it were due to anything but a bug exploit, we wouldn't have removed any of the existing dye. Players cannot expect bugged items to stick around forever, especially players who know they've been abusing bugs in order to produce it.

4 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

I've heard that line before somewhere...

I'm sure it was mentioned on the magic update a few years back...

This has already been changed in yesterday's patch, allowing gathering runes to raise the maximum QL of materials you can get from a vein. It's now very possible to get 100QL ore if you have 100 or near-100 skill.

23 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

This has already been changed in yesterday's patch, allowing gathering runes to raise the maximum QL of materials you can get from a vein. It's now very possible to get 100QL ore if you have 100 or near-100 skill.

Great!  I can't wait to hear about the priest balancing that is due to arrive soon then!

So, when exactly are we going to see PvE priest balancing exactly?

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

The dye in question was made due to the mass exploiting of a very obvious bug in dye color calculations, so the bug was fixed and much of the existing bugged dye was removed. It had nothing to do with you, and if it were due to anything but a bug exploit, we wouldn't have removed any of the existing dye. Players cannot expect bugged items to stick around forever, especially players who know they've been abusing bugs in order to produce it.

We discussed this already. To summarize: it is just a dye, zero advantage in game, nice one, we want it, it was like that for years, everyone knew about, including the staff, it was expensive and sold on official trade channel - it required a minimal tweak not a total removal, me and Zarame suggested excellent, easy to implement solutions, where black dye would follow the same mechanics as a white dye. You didn't even bother to answer to our thread. 

With these changes you do not make mad low level casual players but high level, die hard fans who have 5 premium chars and 3 or more deeds and are a source of (probably) 90% or more money in Wurm. 

Nobody cared if I at level 56 mining could mine myself some 74 QL stone or marble shards - before the nerf they were worth nothing and after they also worth nothing, you made mad the high level miners. 

You are taking amazing, unique features of Wurm the players love then you practically just remove them. 

I paid this game for 2 years (I will repeat all over again) and I want my friend list to be all green not all red when I log in, you can check what kind of players with what assets, premium time, deeds etc are on it - and how long they are gone - you could even run a script through the player database to see exactly, in numbers, what players leave. 

I wrote to you, kind email, asking to have some consideration about our mental state after horrible 2020 and at least do not pull this drama in New Year's celebration festivities. Now, instead of amazing events we have this. Thank you but no thank you. 

There are wise posts that show the metrics and give good suggestions - pull an Epic curve on WO in the form of imbues - it is working well since years AFAIK and isn't a person who suggested that a former developer? Please - just do it and let us move on. 

Edited by Platyna

And THAT was the last of Valrei Internationals......we were soo happy...but now Wurm PR have gone on holiday AGAIN!!!

Maybe all are at holiday, then at least they stop messing up the game.

On 12/22/2020 at 8:23 AM, Retrograde said:

Feeling Fatigued

There's been an ongoing discussion around fatigue, and we know that it is a cause of annoyance for players who hit that wall. We want you to know that we are listening, and while we haven't decided on a full decision, we are discussing possible changes. 

bump

• Like 3

12 hours ago, platinumteef said:

bump

probably forgotten about and tossed to the side of the road

10 minutes ago, Madnath said:

probably forgotten about and tossed to the side of the road

what's new?