Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. Merry Christmas!

From my discussion with Retro about the impact of mining rune and imbues I got the impression that  the devs and team have no real clue of full insight of the mechanics they are now destroying.

That wouldn't be the first time.

So i guess i have to mine somewhat, because they will destroy my good imbued pickaxe.

I know how this dev team is "tweaking" or "nerfing" things.

They're breaking them, twisting them and shitting on them usually, then calling it a day.

When i see the "rework" of fighting and think about fishing, i should also do what i have to do in the world, so i never have to leave my deeds again.

Ho Ho Ho.

Edited by Beewolf

I am not going to accuse the devs' work to be bad altogether which is not the case. They have done awesome work in a lot of fields I am appreciating much. And I do not even deny that there may be some rework being appropriate concerning runes and imbues. There are some activities where they are indeed overpowered, as far as I see and know. There are others where they are missing or underpowered as well. And I see mining fairly in the middle, and the destruction looming detrimental.

There could have been proposals and a discussion about overworking that field, based on data and facts, not the belly grumbling of devs who seem not to have played for long time (which is no wonder given their workload). Such has even be promised, and the promise broken. Same happened to priests before, chaotic destructive changes for some balance panic. And such ruthless conduct leads to resignation.

I don't, btw. , agree about fishing. While it was introduced in a bit hasty way, and admittedly removed afk fishing, I feel that it made the game, and fishing in particular, more interesting and versatile. The idea behind was great, and the starting pains prove to be worth while the outcome in my opinion. Your view ofc may differ.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cipacadrinho said:

If the boons were not significant then the people that use them would not be so upset that they are rebalancing them.

That logic doesn't add up because you could also say: If the effort put into acquiring the boons was not significant then the people that use them would not be so upset that they are rebalancing them.

Therefor it cannot be assumed that either is the reason why people are upset. All you do with such assumptions is kill any attempt at a discussion, it's pointless mud slinging.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

To address a few questions, the quality will be above the cap of the vein still, and it will still go above your existing skill, just not as high as it was before. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

To address a few questions, the quality will be above the cap of the vein still, and it will still go above your existing skill, just not as high as it was before. 

That's great to hear, sounds reasonable then. I look forward to seeing the end result later this month.

Well, the title of this thread is "Merry Christmas".

And what do I see? The usual accusations, mud slinging and insults. 🤨

Really Christmas like. Well done, community! 😢

For those of you who think that we should be nice to eachother at least this time of the year

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

Thorin 🤐

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

As far as the christmas gift consists of crippling and disowning ingame skills and gains, happiness has a hard time to come. As to insults and personal attacks, I agree, and insofar I may have contributed to, I apologize.

And I agree that the devs and team are generally are doing great work, and a great thank you very much for all you achieved, and the great burden of work you shouldered in preparation and execution of the steam launch and  the aftermath. 

But who enjoys the praise must stand criticism as well. And the bitterness about the nerfs is well founded.

7 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

For those of you who think that we should be nice to eachother at least this time of the year

Thorin 🤐

Same for you.

• Cat 1

15 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Really Christmas like. Well done, community! 😢

Thorin 🤐

Can random religious ocassions not be forced upon people tho? Looks like this year can't be done.. maybe in 2021?

39 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Can random religious ocassions not be forced upon people tho? Looks like this year can't be done.. maybe in 2021?

Random Religious occasions?

Are you serious? This time of year is important to BILLIONS of people, of may different faiths. It is not being forced upon anyone, you are welcome to join in or not. You don't have to have a Christmas tree, but if you want your free gift, then you need one. YOU have the options. 

I won't even touch on the commercial side of this time of year, as many could make the case that it is more commercial then it is religious.

I have a question, can random people who don't agree with something that someone else may believe, just let those people believe in what they wish. It does no harm to you or anyone else. I am so sick of people who don't agree with someone else, wanting to remove those people or the things that are different between them. It is a complete lack of tolerance, which those same people so often preach, but only to show that they are only tolerant of the things that they agree with, not accepting others or the things that they don't agree with.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 15

@EkcinI understand the bitterness, even if I'm not one of those players who use rare or better items with 100+ cast, a rune and 100 imbue, just to get the highest ql possible. I just stick to a common or rare item with CoC or BotD at it. Perhaps because I've always seen this coming, perhaps because I got the feeling that the old fashioned way may be slow and sometimes offer less reward, but it's how this game can be played too. I dunno and frankly speaking, it doesn't matter that much to me as  well.

However, my point was that this entire thread turned into a "I said, you said" derailing topic, instead of it being focussed of the patchnotes itself. At some point people should either take a deep breath, realize they've said all that's needed to be said and leave things, or continue in PM. Over the past few months I've seen too much of the first happening. Perhaps the 2nd thing increased as well, I dunno.

And no,  this wasn't just adressed to you.

@CipacadrinhoI'm not forcing any religious thing upon you. If you don't like Christmas, it's fine with me. But don't use my wishes to the other members of this forum as an excuse to derail this thread again by starting another discussion.

Thorin :) 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

@CipacadrinhoI'm not forcing any religious thing upon you. If you don't like Christmas, it's fine with me. But don't use my wishes to the other members of this forum as an excuse to derail this thread again by starting another discussion.

How are you not when you say that because of a religious occasion i should have a certain conduct?

You should be a good person because you have principles and a moral compass not because of glorified superstitions.

3 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

How are you not when you say that because of a religious occasion i should have a certain conduct?

You should be a good person because you have principles and a moral compass not because of glorified superstitions.

I would ask that you stop attacking people of faith that you don't agree with. This is not the place for it and it needs to stop.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Actually I'd strongly suggest to push the balance of the usefulness of the mining imbues (and other gathering imbues alike) to increasing the cap of the vein / resource using such a tool. That way skill still is a factor that is less impacted by the imbues.

• Like 2

huh that present for this year 😮 A nice way to circumvent social distancing :D

Thank you!!!

Edited by Jaz

This isn't the place for an argument about religion, or lack thereof.  Please take it to PMs if you wish to continue, or leave it if you don't.

Pandalet (LFM)

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Actually I'd strongly suggest to push the balance of the usefulness of the mining imbues (and other gathering imbues alike) to increasing the cap of the vein / resource using such a tool. That way skill still is a factor that is less impacted by the imbues.

What if they nerd the ql like they intend to but they also make the imbues extend the ammount of ores you can mine from a vein before is depleted?

This way when players find a vein that is high ql they can extend its lifetime.

If only uniques weren't a sh.. show.. and were a resource people could actually depend to get..

The rune alone was working perfectly for well skilled people and was making the boring ql90 vein into perfectly fine ql99-100 resource...

As that is about to change... are there any plans to implement alchemy or other way to boost the ql of the common trash(useless ~90ql or below) metal so it's actually useful to gather and improve items to 95-99? 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, Retrograde said:

Feeling Fatigued

There's been an ongoing discussion around fatigue, and we know that it is a cause of annoyance for players who hit that wall. We want you to know that we are listening, and while we haven't decided on a full decision, we are discussing possible changes.

Since we're on the train of giving us long requested things we've been asking for constantly, anything about the rift journal requirement or the journal in particular?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Since we're on the train of giving us long requested things we've been asking for constantly, anything about the rift journal requirement or the journal in particular?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47erfajdj79qpwq1bn3c

One step at a time! There's only discussion at the moment

• Cat 1

On 12/22/2020 at 8:23 AM, Retrograde said:

Feeling Fatigued

There's been an ongoing discussion around fatigue, and we know that it is a cause of annoyance for players who hit that wall. We want you to know that we are listening, and while we haven't decided on a full decision, we are discussing possible changes. 

It's my opinion that this matter has already been looked at multiple times over the years. The people still pushing for the removal of the Fatigue system are once again beating a dead horse and wasting the staffs time and resources.

Hope it also helps you know who you are attacking and who's attacking you at rifts.  Would think it'd be the same for PvP.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47erfajdj79qpwq1bn3c

One step at a time! There's only discussion at the moment

alright but where are my plantable cocoa beans. Pvp can’t be saved unless i can grind to 50 dairy foodmaking efficiently

3 hours ago, RainRain said:

alright but where are my plantable cocoa beans. Pvp can’t be saved unless i can grind to 50 dairy foodmaking efficiently

Still against nerfing foraging further so pls no plantable cocoa, but much in favor of more DFC recipes

Edited by Ekcin

7 hours ago, RainRain said:

Yes please, foraging with never be worth grinding and it's time to stop pretending a couple of items exclusive to the action is a worthwhile or good idea

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, Ekcin said:

You seem to have no clue about mining. A miner with 70 skill won't pull much over 80 even if pick is runed+imbued. I know what I am pulling with mining 98.22 with my rare, runed, and imbued pick.

I have 70 woodcutting on the dot and my max with a fully imbued hatchet is over 95ql.