Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Is it legal and if so would a kind GM soul do it for me?

I have a nice rare mailbox on my deed (it is next to my fountain), I didn't make it, but as it is rare and has a high enchant it is a bit of shame to ditch it somewhere for it to rot It has a stupid, confusing name. My mailboxes are publicly accessible. Would be legal for a GM to remove the name, and if so, can some kind of soul do it for me? It hurts my eyes and my OCD. I do not do support ticket in case it is a lost case, but I can do if it is something I can request. Thanks in advance, I want everything on my deed to be in perfect order, so it would be a big favour for me. 

Edited by Platyna

10 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

didnt you already get the answer in ca help

No. I prefer to get an answer from those capable of doing so. I know it is not their duty, if I thought otherwise I would make a support ticket. Maybe they will tell me to go fish, or maybe some nice one will decide to do it for me (if they are allowed to do so). Who knows, worth to try. 

Edited by Platyna

"A kind gm" can move it for you into your perimeter, IF you couldn't do it yourself(which is not the case).

GM help with griefing is a bit out of their scope of actions in the sandbox afaik, will be some extra stretch of powers.

*Somebody else built and named that, it's not yours, you adopted it because it's rare, if it wasn't you'd ditch it in perimeter if you can get similar enchant on a new one, have fun with the shiny or buy/make another, examine it - if it shows the creator try to find it and lure it to rename it for you <<- your best bet.

Next thing, you'll find a supreme altar and ask for another rename or mission constructions(pretty stuff found on the map which aren't your creations and impossible for player to rename normally)... etc

Alternatively suggest a new mechanic to reclaim such items which can not be picked up to be renamed, but the idea makes fun of the concept of the game.. make your own stuff and history, place a guard tower or a useful mailbox somewhere.. find it any time 10years later still there, with a little bit of maintenance from strangers. 

5 hours ago, Platyna said:

I do not do support ticket in case it is a lost case

Haha right, "the girl that cried wolf"  maybe is it because you made so many false tickets in the past, with subjects like, I don't like the trees xxxxx guy planted?

Anyway, if you get a GM to do this it would increase there work load 10000%  because if your allowed to take a rare mailbox and get it renamed guess what, there's many many items on many servers where people would throw in a request to do the same.

I do think it clearly states what GM's are here to help with, just use /support and read the text. I cant see anything about renaming items that you have found and dragged to your deed.

Oh and as finnn explained and you have supported many times on posts, a good part of wurm is its history, I would hate to see GM's remove a part of the wurms history, OCD or no OCD. If it is effecting you that bad drag it back from where you took it from?

I guess GM's have a specific list of what they can do and things out of this list are just won't happen, unless it's some extreme situation and then probably would be handled by head GM.

For example:

I'am playing on a pvp server, and once, accidentally, dropped 1 dirt on the rocky ground, where one of the slopes below were above 300 (couse of past valrei events), thus I couldn't remove it back in any way.

I asked GM and heard that they cannot remove it, couse it's a pvp server.

That was inside my deed, dropped by me (mayor) and without any connection to pvp actions.

This is still an eyesore for my OCD : )

Edited by Wilczan

Have you tried to use the name plate from the mark shop?

Iirc those overwrite the old names of items - haven't used them myself - meaning you can "remove" that name and give it a name you like yourself.

Seems like the easiest solution to me, in case the GM-team won't change that name.

Thorin :) 

@FinnGMs can help with what is legal for them to help and if they want (if this not their duty), I have seen a lot of GM-renamed items in game, so I guess my kind request is not something unusual. I made this thread to find out if there would be one kind one who can and will do it for me. Mommy always told me that if I want something I should kindly ask. :) 

@ThorinoakshieldWooden name plates work only on animals. If there would be a way to do that in-game I wouldn't be asking, I would buy that name plate and just do it. 

@WilczanI understand your point, but this example is not a good one - as the name of my deeded mailbox (or lack of the name, which is what I want to achieve) has no influence on the game play at all, while the tile types, especially on PVP do matter. You can e.g. plan a house on dirt tile, and you cannot on rock. 

Spoiler

Dear friends, please disregard anything Badvoc says about me, it is a person who griefed when I was a newbie, due to multiple GMs were kind enough to not let him continue on this behaviour he moved out of Ind and now is spreading false information about me to taint my reputation, derailing my threads in hope they will be closed etc. 

Edited by Platyna

53 minutes ago, Platyna said:
Spoiler

Dear friends, please disregard anything Badvoc says about me, it is a person who griefed when I was a newbie, due to multiple GMs were kind enough to not let him continue on this behaviour he moved out of Ind and now is spreading false information about me to taint my reputation, derailing my threads in hope they will be closed etc. 

( reply to Platyna below, off topic )

Spoiler

You drove away many people, with false complaints, griefed people and got banned, me no ban, no warning nothing, The only time I had to deal with a GM that you called was when I bashed a fence down you built next to my deed to stop my access to the public mine, which you were also told not to block it and in return no need for me to unblock it.  I moved as I wouldn't put up with constant "bullying" you did in game to many different people, local was a nightmare due to you. Lets not get into the stealing eh.

Even now people still go on about you and your ways, people on NFI dislike you and your ways in help, I do what I always do and pass on the email address we were given to report direct to the team about your actions, you got yourself this bad rep, with no help from me.

Am I sore about it all, yes, I think you got off very lightly. 8 people quit or moved thanks to you and your ways, you cant rewrite history and I wont ever forget or forgive, your actions wrecked this game for quite a few people, it would be disgusting if the GM team bends the rules to rename something you didnt make, but "rescued" from another deed, but you do this all the time, ask in CA, complain, post here, talk about you illness, then hope the first answer is changed. 

I don't want this post locked, and I am hopeful the GM team can confirm if it is or isnt in the remit of the team to do favours like this?  Cant be one rule for 1 then another for someone else surely and if it is allowed, please add this info to the support text so that others can make use of the GM renaming service.

Edited by Badvoc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

@FinnGMs can help with what is legal for them to help and if they want (if this not their duty), I have seen a lot of GM-renamed items in game, so I guess my kind request is not something unusual. I made this thread to find out if there would be one kind one who can and will do it for me. Mommy always told me that if I want something I should kindly ask. :) 

It's not about kindness, it's about the sandbox being 'clean' from administration/moderation/etc more than plain player actions for the most part, as much as possible.. with small exceptions.. where players can not do anything( like somebody else's cart with hitched animals on it that can not be pushed off your land - than you open a ticket; or a parked boat with moored anchor - unsure if this is now changed to be able to push these as mayor/villager after a suggestion or qol for that or it was just suggestion for that.. never had the issue)

Spoiler

on a side note:
A lot more interesting and useful threads are dusting and not getting any attention from dev/gm/staff.. only 1 example is the one asking what happens to messages/donations in courier enchanted wells;

Such threads to ask directly a dev/staff member are not even a *thing* for wurm, sadly... as many are curious about various things.. there's just nobody on the other side of the table to open any kind of discussion.

You might feel entitled to get an answer on this but any 2month to 15yr old player knows it.. even if a gm/staff can change the name.. will be violating some rule of theirs

Best you can do it.. suggest that mailboxes can be picked up by mayors or to get the option to scratch the creator's name and overwrite with it the person who planted the item.. to be able to pickup/rename/etc.. very old items like a mailbox(ondeed) or a lamp/etc.. offdeed/etc.. if such mechanic get approved and turns into content.. you can fight that ocd and rename your item on your own, else.. best you can do to end that suffering is call somebody to cast lava in your perimeter, put the mailbox there and buy a new rare mbox, name it whatever you like.

• Like 1

A reminder that CA staff in the CA Help channel are more than capable answering questions such as these, in fact many times they do so after consulting with GM's via staff channels.

The official answer that you would be seeking is:

No that is not something we would go and rename as it opens the door for an incredibly staggering amount of items people may want renamed in the future, not accounting for the idea that you may want it to be a different name in the future in which case you would have no ability to do so as you are not the creator of it, meaning we would then have to pickup and give it to you to allow you to drop the mailbox to claim ownership which opens yet another can of wurms for items that people would want to have that they cannot have because of oversights in the game code not allowing for mayors to have ownership over certain items on their deeds.

What this would need is a code change that you can make in the form of a suggestion here on the forums, to allow mayor rename/ownership rights over any items on their deed.

As for the note in this thread about GM-renamed items, that has nothing to do with the matter at hand as they are generally actual renames to the items(Long Bow, changed to "Featherdraw", or something similar) rather than wiping a player input name(Long Bow(Featherdraw) on an item. GM-renamed items generally are done for special occasions, events, or as certain gifts.

• Like 8