Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

[Kataleuz's Crescendo] One character challenge

FyKuuln.png

Kataleuz's Crescendo

Where the #1 goal is a strong lively community.

Start Date: September 17th 2020

Location: F24, Cadence, slightly north of the bay and east of the steppe

Spoiler

fy5IxGr.png

How we plan to achieve this.

Only one character per player!

Spoiler

-Only one of your characters may be in the village

-We ask that everyone including those outside of the village only have one of their toons within local of our land at a time

Guild Halls

Spoiler

-We've created Guild Halls that are buildings designated to a certain set of skills and we encourage our deed members to use those buildings when doing those specific skills. This way we can keep players out of their personal homes and near other players that do similar activates.

-We encourage a personal home to be mainly decorative, a place for personal storage, and sleep.

kPgtDLx.png

Titles

Spoiler

-If a deed member finds themselves invested in one particular guild we have roles that are used as titles so you can be a "Smith of Kataleuz's Crescendo." instead of a "Villager of Kataleuz's Crescendo." We also have titles for priests as well.

FyQmIjU.png?1

Realism

Spoiler

On top of Guild Halls and Titles here are some additional things we try to aim for

-Light RP (Examples): Using /me to describe certain actions, saying a prayer when praying to a god, using emotes

-Avoid flat terrain: A lot of deeds will flatten their entire land, but we try to work with the land and keep things looking as natural as can be.

We are looking for all types of players!

If you are interested in joining it's best to reach me on Discord Zuelatak#6607, or my server https://discord.com/invite/kW3b7ZJ.

Eqle4xj.jpeg4Du74Vp.jpeg

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 1

Usually players dont have a priest as a main account. Priests are limited in what they can and cant do... so id say without no alts no priests and with no priests you get limited in what kind of thing that can be produced... that or everyone has to buy enchants. But cost coin and if you can produce items that sell well...

You see where i am going with this.

The idea are good but it may need tweaking.

11 minutes ago, Daash said:

Usually players dont have a priest as a main account. Priests are limited in what they can and cant do... so id say without no alts no priests and with no priests you get limited in what kind of thing that can be produced... that or everyone has to buy enchants. But cost coin and if you can produce items that sell well...

You see where i am going with this.

The idea are good but it may need tweaking.

Actually priests were an inspiration for the no alts. We currently have 4 priests and they all have plenty of fun. I would argue non-priests are also limited because they can't cast spells. The point of no alts is to create dependency on other deedmates. Teamwork makes the dream work and everyone so far has felt fulfilled and with purpose on the deed, so to me everything has been working just as planned. Appreciate the concern though. I'm all ears for ideas.

yeah right... but sometimes alts can be useful... you have a "camera alt", can someone that joins you also have a "camera alt"? Why not what makes you so special?

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit

On 3/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, Lydd said:

I'd like to join!

Apologies I don't check the post too frequently if you're still interested we'd love to have you! If you have Discord I highly recommend joining at http://bit.ly/Zuelatak and moving the conversation there. I'll check back later though in case you wanna stick here.

20 hours ago, Oriana said:

yeah right... but sometimes alts can be useful... you have a "camera alt", can someone that joins you also have a "camera alt"? Why not what makes you so special?

You're correct. Alts can be useful, but we've decided that we want to live life without them. I won't judge you or anyone else for using alts, but the 30 people who live on my deed love that it has no alts, so it will be staying that way. My "Camera Alts" are literally just cameras used for my stream. I don't personally consider them alts and they don't break my deed rules. If anyone else on my deed wanted camera alts they are totally welcome to making some. In fact, anyone on my deed is welcome to making alts in general they are just not allowed on the deed. The specific ruling of the No Alts rule is "No interacting with your alts or any alts of the Alliance."

I get it so do you mean the character or characters that join your deed cannot be assisted by or in any ways boosted or "power leveled" by the use of any other Alts that you may have I think I understand now...

On 12/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, Zuelatak said:

You may only have one unique character on the deed and it is not allowed to interact with any other alts you may have and any alts any Alliance members may have. This provides a lot more meaning to everyone's characters especially priests who's sacrifice now means something.

Here's the EXACT wording that you can find by clicking the "Reveal hidden contents" Under the 

On 12/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, Zuelatak said:

Alts are not allowed! 

My Cameras are technically a rule break of the unique character clause, but for what they are/do my deed has never considered it a problem. I just invite them to the deed to easily /suicide and respawn them there.

5GLLVVv.png
With newly acquired land that provides access to the bay! (Left of the pottery beam)

Gonna just drop this here since I didn't receive a response in GL.
I'd strongly advise that you include a disclaimer in your post of the following
A. How strongly you advertise for your twitch channel (the twitch channel URL is even the name of one of the buildings)
B. How players may be included in your stream
C. How you stream far more often than actually have anything to do with your community (aside from answering questions in your discord)
D. How players items (including cart inventory) are confiscated and/or redistributed after they haven't logged on in so long

If you are curious but hesitant about joining this place and would like to pm me for more information- my inbox is open. I have both good and bad to say about it.

Edited by pepofaec
  • Like 3

On 6/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, pepofaec said:

A. How strongly you advertise for your twitch channel (the twitch channel URL is even the name of one of the buildings)
C. How you stream far more often than actually have anything to do with your community (aside from answering questions in your discord)
D. How players items (including cart inventory) are confiscated and/or redistributed after they haven't logged on in so long

If you are curious but hesitant about joining this place and would like to pm me for more information- my inbox is open. I have both good and bad to say about it.

Gonna drop this since I did respond.

[19:59:34] <Pepofaec> Zuel you should probably include in your forum thread a disclaimer about how heavily you advertise your streams, that people are included in their streams and what happens to their stuff once they-
[19:59:36] <Pepofaec> don't log in
[20:00:46] <Pepofaec> *included in your streams -- not their

[20:12:02] <Zuelatek> Nothing happens to their stuff if they don't log in, and I do give disclaimers about the stream if they join voice chat.
[20:12:21] <Zuelatek> But that is a fair point. I will consider where I could put that.

A. I don't know why I need to tell anyone how much I advertise my stream? Reasoning for your points would be much appreciated.

B. They will be shown on stream just as anyone I pass by ingame or when I look at global channels and anymore than that is up to them. 

C. This is extremely rude as I am entirely involved in my community and am constantly engaged with them just as I am my stream. If you have specific gripes about how I involve myself in my community which you are not apart of then please be specific instead of slandering me.

D. If you're going to continue to push this point how about you provide some evidence? Otherwise, this is also just slander. 

Overall, I have NEVER received any problems about streaming from anyone on my deed. If you have a problem with me streaming you that's one thing, but please don't project that onto my villagers and slander my deed and I. I'm all for improving on the bad things you have to say about my deed, but you need to talk to me in order for things to change.

Edited by Zuelatak

On 6/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, pepofaec said:

First off... Everyone can stream. There are no rules stating you cannot. 

2. Why is someone from Xanadu all of a sudden an expert on Zuelatek's Hamlet?

3. How does this affect you?

After chilling in his Twitch chat, I can pretty confidently say that I'm fairly sure this is one of the better deeds to be part of not just on the server, but the cluster. I see him constantly chatting with both alliance, village and his Twitch chat. I fail to see why anyone would take issue with streaming. If you see this thread and miss the "I STREAM HERE LINK" in bold and bright text, then I really don't think there's enough indication in the world for you.

Anyway, would recommend. Me and Zuelatek don't always see eye to eye on our opinions and visions for the game, but it's admirable to see someone so invested in trying to see new changes for the game. It gets the worthless Madnath seal of approval.

• Like 6

Those who have messaged me, asking for my story, I've responded to.
If I wanted to be rude I'd leave the story here wide open in public : ) which is within my power but I'd rather just leave a summary just in case anyone is willing to look pass that.

No one is saying you can't do anything at all- but as someone that has a deed that you're having people join left and right in- it's *very* inconsiderate to not leave a disclaimer.
Personally I wouldn't want my name/conversations popping up on stream, I don't really care if no one knows me from the stream. It'd make me *very* uncomfortable without my consent.
"Nothing happens to their stuff if they don't log in" If Zuel has personally told you this, please PM me if this is a concern. You deserve to know what you're about to get yourself into.
I don't wanna write a book for you with all these answers- so I'll just say "I don't like to be spammed, personally. I'm not sure if things have changed since then but it was absolutely spam before."

As to "Why is someone from Xanadu all of a sudden an expert on Zuelatek's Hamlet?"
Just because I play on SFI doesn't mean I don't play on NFI as well : ) I think you can work it out from there.

I'd also like to include that none of this is slander. It's personal experience - meaning I was there, this happened to me. As for proof sure- players can pm me. I have a log full of it.
But I've said all I'm going to say to Zuel, that also goes for people who just wanna pm me to fight. Only pm me if you'd like to know what's going on and/or proof.
Everything I've said still stands true, no matter what Zuel has said.

Don't understand anything of that.

I have watched a few of Zuel's streams, and found them entertaining. He does not make a secret of them, so someone not willing to appear may just log out. Where is privacy violated when someone posts her or his screenies, or transmits streams? Do you want to forbid streams e.g. about rifts as long as not every participant, the mobs included, has given written consent?

Next: "things happening to stuff": Mind you, Zuel is mayor, if you become villager you consent that you may be booted anytime, and without guarantee to get all your stuff. So is Wurm. And a mayor footing the upkeep is of course even morally entitled to kick inactive players as they obstruct space he is paying for. Usually, the more valuable belongings of someone leaving or removed will be held for a time and handed out on return. I am sure Zuel does that too, but even if not, he is perfectly in his rights.

So please stop spreading nonsense and FUD. If there were wrongdoings, file a ticket. If there was not unruly, but undue behaviour, specify and prove in ways the defendant may counter. What you are doing stinks slander.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pepofaec said:

Those who have messaged me, asking for my story, I've responded to.
If I wanted to be rude I'd leave the story here wide open in public : ) which is within my power but I'd rather just leave a summary just in case anyone is willing to look pass that.

No one is saying you can't do anything at all- but as someone that has a deed that you're having people join left and right in- it's *very* inconsiderate to not leave a disclaimer.
Personally I wouldn't want my name/conversations popping up on stream, I don't really care if no one knows me from the stream. It'd make me *very* uncomfortable without my consent.
"Nothing happens to their stuff if they don't log in" If Zuel has personally told you this, please PM me if this is a concern. You deserve to know what you're about to get yourself into.
I don't wanna write a book for you with all these answers- so I'll just say "I don't like to be spammed, personally. I'm not sure if things have changed since then but it was absolutely spam before."

As to "Why is someone from Xanadu all of a sudden an expert on Zuelatek's Hamlet?"
Just because I play on SFI doesn't mean I don't play on NFI as well : ) I think you can work it out from there.

I'd also like to include that none of this is slander. It's personal experience - meaning I was there, this happened to me. As for proof sure- players can pm me. I have a log full of it.
But I've said all I'm going to say to Zuel, that also goes for people who just wanna pm me to fight. Only pm me if you'd like to know what's going on and/or proof.
Everything I've said still stands true, no matter what Zuel has said.

Hey Pepo hope you're having a good day. If you do have legitimate concerns about how I run my deed and stream with actual evidence then I would like to hear it. I can't do anything with what you've put on my forum here and from my perspective you are just gatekeeping and slandering my deed. You claim to have been apart of this deed or had some experience with it, but unless I hear exactly what that is then I can't make improvements for the future. Hope you understand my concerns about how you're handling this rather than just speaking directly to me about problems you have with me. Lets please take this to DMs and I look forward to clearing things up with you soon.

• Like 2

Next: "things happening to stuff": Mind you, Zuel is mayor, if you become villager you consent that you may be booted anytime, and without guarantee to get all your stuff. So is Wurm. And a mayor footing the upkeep is of course even morally entitled to kick inactive players as they obstruct space he is paying for. Usually, the more valuable belongings of someone leaving or removed will be held for a time and handed out on return. I am sure Zuel does that too, but even if not, he is perfectly in his rights.

i agree its wrong for players to take up deed space with a house and all their belongings and act like the deed owner is free long term storage for them..this is incredibly rude, if your gonna take a long leave and want deeds to hold ur stuff then maybe put some upkeep in deed at the least IMO

• Like 2

I have updated the rule as of today to be more loose. It should not allow for all players to partake while still holding some values of having no alts. If any wish to join it's best to reach me on Discord Zuelatak#6607

On 5/4/2022 at 5:20 AM, Yggdrasil said:

How many active members?

Around 5 as of today