Sign in to follow this  
Ols

Blacklighters on Freedom

Well, I think this scale of Bug sort of goes above Bugs & Problems, and I think a lot of people would like to hear about it.

To make a long story short, yesterday evening I was converted to Libila by a recent migrant from HOTS Wild. He says that upon the portal he did not lose faith, and despite being Freedom kingdom could make Lib altars.

I traveled to him for the convert, interested in what could happen, and after the convert, which seemed normal I was given the message I was now Lib faith, but the holding of my homestead stopped me becoming HOTS kingdom. I traveled back home, and on my way back stopped at Oreo to tell Rosie and Drega about my experience. We decided that we should try it, and Drega gave her deed away, revoked citizenship and let me preach. She went HOTS.

wurm200911290023_1.png

We took screenshots and then she changed back. I was unaware what being HOTS could mean for Freedom, so I logged off for the night. Today I woke up and decided I would explore the issue further. I had agreed with Drega that if the issue was minor then I would tell Devs later, and I wanted to see what issues came from being HOTS. I got my friend Shimmy to give his deed to our priest and then I converted him. Again he went HOTS. We discovered he could talk on HOTS kchat, but he could not butcher corpses. We went into the underwater mine on my rowboat to get stone for bricks for a guard tower, and when we came on he got on as Commander and I got the message "Shimmy declares this vessel the property of the Horde of the Summoned." Basically, we can steal boats.

We tried other things. Among our observations, the following things are interesting:

1) You cannot attack or be attacked by Freedom players.

2) Suiciding as a BLer on Wild lets you spawn on Wild, free of cost.

3) A Libila priest can theoretically be brought to Freedom and retain faith.

4) You can theoretically steal and drain deeds.

We ran around on the Tundra for a while, and then decided to go to Samling to test further on an alt. We brought the alt over and converted her to HOTS, then suicided. I spawned at the Blacklight. I told everyone on HOTS chat about that.

It's one hell of a bug that can be fixed easily. Ironic since I've always wanted to be BL on Freedom.

I told Ols that we should let Rolf know this bug on Monday in irc so he could fix it. Not go and tell the whole of freedom and hots about it... But ah well hopefully Rolf can get this fixed tomorrow.

I can confirm this. I noticed i had faith left after my trip to freedom so i tried building an altar to see what would happen.

Lots of talk about it in kchat - i regret that i didnt /dev it immediately now...

EDIT: And i agree with Drega. Spamming kchat about it wasnt such a great idea. Just more things to fix then when rolf gets the message.

Raised to developers.

Players who wish to experiment are cautioned: be good freedom players.  If you experiment with killing guards, players, draining tokens, etc., they'd better be *your* guards, characters, tokens, etc.  No malevolent acts, please.

To be honest someone having just arrived from Wild will not be able to suddenly exploit, and they'll need to arrange to meet someone to convert. Ruling them out, I'm not converting anyone without GMs present and Xerbee will probably be up his mountain.

So you get free trips to wild? cool story bro wonder how this will be exploited till its fixed, 

I brought this up a while back. We just didnt actually try to convert anyone.

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=26241.msg261531#msg261531

So you get free trips to wild? cool story bro wonder how this will be exploited till its fixed, 

fill bok take to wild saves u having to buy stuff there? seeing u keep ur money from wild u could basically still trade that way >.< even to its a 1 way trade but still

I did like being a Blacklighter for a little while. But it kinda got in the way of running a village when my guards didn't like me anymore. I didn't quite fancy killing them every few minutes :P

I have my own JK corpses. I also know of some BL corpses ;) <--- should be fixed aswell when you butcher em on freedom.

i wonder what happens if you suicide on freedom as HoTS with a ressurection stone  ::)

Thanks for the report, I'll fix the bug. Don't expect to stay BL on freedom for long:) Remember that until the code is updated anything considered abuse may get you banned.

Thanks for the report, I'll fix the bug. Don't expect to stay BL on freedom for long:) Remember that until the code is updated anything considered abuse may get you banned.

aww man..... there goes my whole plan  :-X ::)

I'd still like to be Libila faith on Freedom, just not kingdom. Butchering corpses and absorbing myc would be nice, as well as just having a pwnage god.

Aye I think the option to go BL would be nice, even just to go MWAHAHAHA and butcher corpses.

I still have the feeling Rolf used code from BL for Freedom:

Rabid Hyena is not hostile to Freedom on test ;)

*Shakes Ols Avatar Chiyochinci*

WHY! WHY! WHY!