Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Meta-Suggestion, sub-fora in suggestions

There are whole classes of suggestions, but it is hard to easily find them mixed in with everything else.

What if under Suggestions there were sub-fora for the different classes of suggestion?  Some examples

• GUI suggestions
  • Building and Construction
  • Crafts
  • Vehicles
  • Animals
  • Weapons
  • Skills
  • Trade

• Like 3

I second that. Moreover, there should be some feedback on every suggestion. In an other MMO, a suggestion was tagged by the team after short time (usually a week, sometimes two as it was a small team as well). The tags were:

• rejected (this could come with a short explanation but not necessarily so)
  • duplicate (already suggested, with link to original suggestion)
  • under consideration (this could lead to further status change, usually within a couple of weeks)
  • postponed (might be reconsidered at later time)
  • accepted (being included in work list to be done)
  • under implementation (about to appear in one of the next patches - could be half a year anyway)
  • closed (either duplicate-closed, rejected-closed, or implemented-closed)

• Like 5

Both good ideas that could / should:

a) allow players to see if their idea has already been thought of.

b) allow people to view areas that they are particularly eager to see improved.

c) allow the development team to view ideas that they are responsible for much more easily.

d) allow the developers to view- and perhaps comment on- what substantial numbers of players really want. For example, I put forward an idea and it receives a couple of withering replies it conveniently falls down the list but if a player submits a proposal that receives pages of (mainly positive) comments then surely it merits an answer from above?

I think that the feedback proposal is a good one although it may be too much to expect a tag for everything.

Perhaps if a proposal thread received more that x (to be decided but likely a substantial number) replies it would 'qualify' for a feedback reply about whether it can go to the 'next stage' in qualifying for implementation?

I do realise that tagging would involve more work and for this reason I stated a qualification criteria, however, I feel that adding this would be a positive addition to the community.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ekcin said:

I second that. Moreover, there should be some feedback on every suggestion. In an other MMO, a suggestion was tagged by the team after short time (usually a week, sometimes two as it was a small team as well). The tags were:

• rejected (this could come with a short explanation but not necessarily so)
  • duplicate (already suggested, with link to original suggestion)
  • under consideration (this could lead to further status change, usually within a couple of weeks)
  • postponed (might be reconsidered at later time)
  • accepted (being included in work list to be done)
  • under implementation (about to appear in one of the next patches - could be half a year anyway)
  • closed (either duplicate-closed, rejected-closed, or implemented-closed)

Yes!  Almost as soon as I posted the OP I though "should have mentioned something about status tags".  Even something as basic as an indicator that Wurm staff have seen and discussed it would be a big help.

Edited by TheTrickster

Bump.

There really needs to be a simpler way to find similar suggestions and discussions.

Bump.

Can we please have classes of suggestions as sub-fora at least?

With a word Doc for mod ideas for WU on my desctop that are mostly gamesystem related I would like to ad a System and Gameplay suggestion section to the list.

I love the idea of more organization and more communication in these forums. Please lets make this happen. We need to hear from the devs!

Edit: BRO I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE THERE WERE ALMOST 1,000 PAGES TO THIS FORUM

we need a purge

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 1