Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Owners of public inns: add a guestbook!

In many other MMO's, I've loved guestbooks. Seeing as how we have Village message boards, I'm saddened that inn owners do not implement these. Make it public. Add a public bsb or chest with all manner of writing tools. Make your inns feel a tad more alive. Make other travelers feel that others have visited, too.

The first one to do this will get a visit from me (just let me know)!

• Like 9

It was lovely meeting you yesterday Ayuna, Ill be sure to get one setup at Journeys End soon :)

• Cat 1

53 minutes ago, Journey said:

It was lovely meeting you yesterday Ayuna, Ill be sure to get one setup at Journeys End soon :)

Likewise, Journey. Did not realize that you had an inn!

Any advice on managing permissions when I also have things there I do not want people taking all the time? Basically I want everything me only except a few things I specify anyone can use. Such as the beds. Maybe even a few public storage items. 

Generally if you drop something on a persons deed you can pick it back up again including from within storage. If you want to allow access to items independent of a structures pickup rules place them in some separately controlled inventory like a cart. There may be a neater way of doing that but it's not coming to me right now.

Or maybe add another 1 tile structure next to the inn with the materials. (And make signs to sign the guestbook in the inn) I guess I better work on furnishing my inn now. 

Small cart would be least intrusive of the vehicles, but would still look odd. 

Edited by LionIX