Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Tools vanishing

In the last 24 hours I have had 2 tools disappear completely.  I have no mention of it in the log.  The first (almost 18-24 hours ago) was a saw.  QL >50 DMG<10 Maker was Crimsonearth.  I had been picking up and putting down tools while I worked on heavy stuff and had put tools in a wagon.  After I was done and picking up the bits and pieces; no saw.  Not in inventory, not in any container, can't find it on the ground.

An hour or two ago it happened with my carving knife.  I have moved it from my backpack to main inventory, then dropped the backpack to save weight.  I also dropped the carving knife a bit later. When I opened the pile of items (backpack, woodscrap, nails and the knife, from memory) I moved the carving knife back into the backpack.  I can find no mention of that in my log.  I could not directly equip the backpack from the pile (which surprised me) so I picked it up and then equipped it.  A little while later I opened it to access the carving knife, to find I did not have any carving knife.  Again, QL >50 dmg<10 maker Crimsonearth.  

These tools were gifts and I really want them back.  I also had a club go missing a few weeks ago - to which I had applied a skin I bought from the marks store - and had figured it had been stolen because the QL was too high and dmg too low for it to have decayed. Now I think that this too vanished in a similar fashioned.  All three disappearances are within 10 tiles of each other.

I want my stuff restored, please.

EDIT:

The items that I know have have vanished so far:

1 saw, iron.  QL>50 (from memory 53-point-something), DMG<10 (prob <5 because I had recently repaired it and had only made a handful of planks since), Maker: Crimsonearth.  Last seen about 7 tiles east and 4 tiles south of the bed I am sleeping in at Thetrickster's house in Harvestmoon Lagoon on Release.

1 carving knife, iron.  QL>50, DMG<10 (prob <1), Maker: Crimsonearth.  Last seen about 2 tiles east and 2 tiles south of the same bed.

1 huge shod club.  Cannot recall material.  Has the Jackal Spiked Club Skin applied.  QL - not sure, assume almost 45.  DMG=0 last time I saw it a week or so before it vanished.  Maker - unsure but likely Thetrickster as I would have been the first to examine it.  Last seen about 1 tile east and 5 south from the same bed.  (If these decay fast enough on-deed to disappear from 0 damage in a week or so, why bother having a skin for them?)

Edited by TheTrickster
Item details.

I do not know how to reproduce this bug, as I cannot say for certain exactly when it occurred.  I think that the carving knife disappeared when I moved it into the backpack because my log does not show any "You drop a carving knife" kind of message before I pick up the backpack.  So;

• have a pile of items that includes the specific item and a backpack
  • open the pile of items and drag the specific item into the backpack
  • Pick up the backpack, equip it, open it - no item.

I have no idea if this would replicate the error because I have not tested it.  I am not going to test it, as a successful test means another lost item.

11+  days with no response from GMs here or in game.  Moderators in CA Help responded and asked for more info, which I guess is at least something.  At the time, the Mod said GM's couldn't do much because they were waiting for me in-game to seek information.  Sorry, but I don't buy that.  In the first couple of days I was on for quite extended periods.  Regardless, there have been few days were I haven't been on at least once, and some days I have been on two or 3 times.

The Chat Mod wasn't hopeful, and told me to be careful not to drop tools in the future.  Frankly, if the game can't keep track of an item on the floor in a building and disappears it when you try to move it, that is something that deserves urgent attention, not just a caution to players.  The item did not go missing on the ground - I put it into a container but it did not appear in the container.  That is a pretty serious bug.

I have had good help from GMs in the past, and once when they couldn't help they could explain why and I was fine with that.  Frankly I prefer "sorry we can't help due to these very good reasons" over silence.  I have no confidence something like this won't happen again.  

I have experienced item disappearing from my inventory, that usually happens if I've been online in game for a while, relogging usually works.

I would check all possible containers', quivers for example will take other items, I've miss clicked many times and put in item in the wrong place.

• Like 1

Update, Some one on Xan today mentioned that they couldn't find a rare maul of theirs.

In addition I logged an alt of mine in today (Kelisea) and realised that her rare open fireplace was gone, /support ticket in.

• Like 1

Essentially, GMs couldn't help, and suggested someone else picked up my tools (even though the one for which I could give the most detail happened inside my building with no permissions for anyone else to pick up and there is NO "playerx gets a carving knife" in my event log, like there would be if that happened (I was in game and within 5 tiles from the time I first moved the thing into my backpack and when I noticed it actually wasn't in my backpack).

This is almost game breaking for me.  Items can randomly disappear and nobody can offer any remedy or prevention.

When I pointed out how worrying this was from the point of view of it being able to happen again at any time, the GM tried to reassure me that this was incredibly rare - completely ignoring that it had happened twice in 24 hours.

Edited by TheTrickster