Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

[Fixed] Getting "Diseased" whilst Commanding a Vehicle - no over crowding

On 1/9/2021 at 11:04 PM, Delone said:

<Impetuous> [16:54:29] You ride on the wagon as the driver. [16:54:33] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

Pretty much full ccfp, food and water, not another animal around. This is getting stupid.

Working on road with wagon a couple of tiles behind me, happened pretty much the instant I got aboard to move the wagon up to collect dirt from leveling.

Whatever was done in the patch to return this mechanic, it has gone way overboard. Fed up with having to take 30 minute breaks to isolate and max food and water to cure.

Already in lockdown in real life due to disease, having to isolate in game at the moment feels particularly insulting when I haven't done anything wrong. Seriously, turn this crap off until you have it fixed. :(

[18:08:33] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.  - Thanks for needlessly wasting an half an hour of my gameplay. (kept food and water full, using ccfp food and a refresh, stood on an enchanted grass tile on a deed well under ratio.) Did not go away until I had ceased all activity, full food and water whilst still performing actions for half an hour with nothing living in the area did not cure.Literally have to stop playing the game to cure in a short timespan. 

Get rid of this crap +1

Jan 23rd, 2021 at 12:30 GMT

Well said Delone. +1

This just happened to my alt a few minutes ago.

[04:20:59] You start repairing the guard tower.

[04:20:59] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

[04:21:00] You repair the guard tower.

This is getting ridiculous.  Twice in past 24 hours.

Yesterday  my alt was sitting in Driver's seat of his wagon unloading some crates and got diseased.  Lost 20 minutes of gaming time, standing around doing nothing.

Today, he was repairing at guard tower.

Now I am going to lose yet another 20 minutes or more of my daily gaming time standing around on enchanted grass due to a still not fixed Bug ppl have been upset about for over a month now.

Literally have to stop playing the game to cure in a short time span.

Edit at 13:10 GMT Still diseased 50 minutes later.  On enchanted grass, but do not have extra food with me.

Edit at 13:31...   [05:30:06] You are so full, you cannot possibly eat anything else.

Gave up on the enchanted grass where I was repairing the the Guard Twr and drove home, ate and drank.

Now on enchanted grass at home with full health bars, sitting around, watching my valuable gaming time Wasting Away, as I can not do anything whilst Diseased.

Edit at 13: 47 ... [05:45:09] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.

One hour and 25 minutes of standing around wasting time, does not encourage newbies to stay and become long term paying customers.

Food for thought,

Cheers, Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
updated info

Had to go afk a little bit while out hunting, so put on autofight mode since i was out in wild 
[13:19:30] You will now select stance and special moves automatically in combat.

Had got this when I came back 
[13:23:16] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

back from afk 
[13:31:00] You will now have to make manual stance decisions in combat.

since i was out for hunting I keept on with it even i got disease, while I took my myself and wagon towards home

At home I started working my land again and didnt think of the disease untill I seen this 
[16:07:34] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.

• Like 1

... and whilst out doing a final touch up survey for today's Albia Map Update,  i got diseased far from home and so did one of my horses.

This is really getting bad, horses and ppl on large carts traveling or even parked by the side of the road to take an RL bathroom break never used to get sick to the extent it is happening in the past two months.

This needs to be rolled back to old getting sick rules that have been in use since wagon came in many years ago.

Thank you for taking my report.

Cheers, Hughmongus

+1 I assumed it was a feature, but if it is a bug this should definitely be higher up on the priority list. Players shouldn't get diseased from hitched animals that they are the Commander or Passenger of. I do wonder if the problem right now is that if they fixed it then hitching posts would be changed too and those should probably still apply disease.

• Like 1

Yes, this reoccurring as well on Serenity as of Jan 25th 2021

• Like 1

[11:16:25] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

• Like 1

Gud day,  Friday, Jan 29th, 2021 at 23:55 GMT

Not a good day for my alt riding as passenger on my cart whilst i am doing some more map updating...

(my rear view camera and tail gunner)...

[15:27:50] <Webleyvickers> [15:27:09] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

... after waiting 14 minutes of my life standing around being unproductive.....

[15:41:44] <Webleyvickers> [15:41:21] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.

14 minutes of my life wasted due to a BUG reported back on Dec 19th,2020

Please get this fixed.  We never used to get sick riding on a large cart or wagon.

Cheers, Hughmongus

Gud'day again folks,     Sat, Jan 30th, 2021 at 01:38 GMT

[17:36:35] <Hughmongus> [17:36:13] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

Just hopped onto my cart at sunrise to resume a map update tile counting survey of roads in southern Indy and now my main gets diseased.

Two of my avatars getting sick in just over two hours, all because they were riding on a large cart, where folks are NOT supposed to get diseased.

I wonder how much of my life I will have to waste this time, standing around waiting for my avatar to be disease free so I can resume enjoying wurm.

Edit: Update [18:19:56] <Hughmongus> [18:19:39] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.

45 minutes of gaming enjoyment and my life gone, because i bug i reported 40 days ago, still has not been fixed.

Please dev's can you revert the overcrowding part of the code back to what it was for the past 8 years, so people are not getting sick traveling from A to B or where ever and having their days of gaming in wurm turn into repeated time wasting.

We never used to get sick on a near daily basis in the past,

Please fix this broken code.

Thank you, Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Adminisitrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
added time of cure..

i have also gotten diseased twice while embarked on either a cart or a wagon.  I was out exploring by myself with the horses hitched .  both times have been since December 2020

i thought that we were immune while embarked but something might be broken.  

• Like 1

Me again... Saturday, Jan 30th, 2021, 06:09 GMT

[21:19:49] <Hughmongus> [21:19:40] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

driving my cart in a road tunnel, counting tiles for a map up date, and this happened for 3rd time today.

x2 for me, x1 for my alt Webley and now have been standing off of my cart now doing nothing for 50 minutes but eat and drink.

how can i get any work done for the next map update if i am losing two hours plus a day of gaming time to this bug?

Edit [22:47:53] <Hughmongus> [22:44:34] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.

One hour and 25 minutes of gaming time wasted due the this BUG, that was reported 40 days ago.

Please Dev's, this deserves your attention soonest.

Cheers, Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus

You can cure it instantly by sacrificing something worth 100 favor.. but.. that is pointless for non-priests(no use besides fixing an effect caused by faulty mechanic); it's also not easy to make such amount of favor for everybody - while it's a common issue

• Like 1

1 FEB 2021 Patch Notes:

Change: Hitched creatures will now not contribute to making players around them diseased

Hurrah!

• Like 2

+1  After 40 days of the most annoying pandemic Wurmians have ever seen 🧐

Thank You for restoring the immunity to disease we all enjoyed for many years when driving or riding a large cart or wagon or being in close proximity to hitched creatures. 😁

Most heartily appreciated. 🤠

Now to head out and count some highway changes for the next map update. 😇

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

• Like 1

@CalanWait where were those patch notes posted? I don't see them in the Discord patch notes channel or the Steam page. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zuelatak said:

@CalanWait where were those patch notes posted? I don't see them in the Discord patch notes channel or the Steam page. 

• Like 1