Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

[Fixed] Getting "Diseased" whilst Commanding a Vehicle - no over crowding

Incident time December 19th, 2020 at 20:00 GMT

I was driving my large cart with one (1) passenger in a mine tunnel highway and suddenly i got the Scratch, you caught something.

We were Not over crowded, i had stopped so we could both drink from the cave canal we were driving along side.

This also happened to two days ago, driving my wagon on a  Switch back ramp road, 1 pax on the rear in the Tail Gunner's seat, suddenly I get "Scratch, you caught a disease".

My wife Skyefox had it happen to her today Commanding her large cart solo, on a public CE Hwy.

... several others have told me the same thing.  One person mentioned getting Diseased like x6 events in past few months.

Could this be looked into please?  You should not get sick Commanding any vehicle with or without passengers.

Thank you for your time and trouble,  Best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 2

Same I was driving a large cart lonely in the woods.

I was in contact with 2 people before like 30 min ago does it matter lol
[2020-12-16] [23:18:14] <Beluroc>
[2020-12-16] [23:18:23] <Kookiepop>

Does it work like covid or what i don't understand, does it have an incubation time ?

[2020-12-16] [23:48:31] The settlement of Treedom has just been founded by Miana.
[2020-12-16] [23:49:14] You stop attacking.
[2020-12-16] [23:49:14] An aged hell hound is dead. R.I.P.
[2020-12-16] [23:49:14] The huge axe steals some Body control.
[2020-12-16] [23:49:18] You get a corpse of aged hell hound.
[2020-12-16] [23:49:22] You drop a corpse.
[2020-12-16] [23:49:39] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

• Like 2

I've been lucky so far - definitely noticed an increase in disease among neighbors, but I've been able to dodge the bullet....  But I have noticed my animals getting sick and staying sick, and my deed is not over crowded by ratio. so maybe for me it's just a matter of time until I catch it too!!

• Like 1

I got a disease when I traded with a merchant, no other players or animals were present. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Platyna said:

I got a disease when I traded with a merchant, no other players or animals were present. 

I hope you didn't pay too much for it.  Most will give them away free of charge.  😁

• Like 3

this is getting ridiculous, two times diseased on one day. There have been years before I was less diseased then today....

• Like 2

this is getting very annoying.   since i originated this thread on December 19  I have now been Diseased several times whilst driving my wagon.

This rarely happened in the past 8 years, but has become a regular occurrence in past few weeks.

Today  it happened this way near the Weeping Angels guard tower in central Indy, when i was putting in named street lamps on a new named highway route (with thanks for ideas and help from Gumbo, Nordlys and Thickett ).

[13:24:34] You plant the lamp.

[13:25:11] You are now too far away to attack an old troll.

[13:25:19] Guards from guard tower runs to the rescue!

[13:25:46] Guards from guard tower runs to the rescue!

[13:26:11] Guards from guard tower runs to the rescue!

[13:26:16] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

[13:26:22] An old troll is dead. R.I.P.

so i get off the wagon and clear of my horses and the tower guards and stand around unable to do anything.

[13:41:26] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.

15 minutes of my time gone due to a bug that commenced around the beginning of December 2020.

This is now the 4th or 5th time getting diseased since Dec 19th each time driving my wagon or large cart.

Could the dev's Please hunt down the change to overcrowding rules where vehicles and their drivers are concerned and fix this please.

It should not be a Disease threatening situation to be under attack and call in the guards to help.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads map Of Indy

• Like 2

Is disease really necessary in Wurm?  Can't we just eliminate it?

• Like 1

I agree way to easy get diseased while near a cart with hitched horses or embarked , no other animals nearby.

• Like 1

I've had this 3 times happening in similar matter while embarked on a cart, last one was recently.. this is still a thing.. had it less than a week ago.

I was killing mobs and stopped on 1 tile to butcher several bodies.. somehow the 2 horses on the cart counted being on the same tile with me, leading to getting a disease just for being embarked on the cart and stopped for a bit.

One of the previous times happened during forestry grind with same setup.. stopping for a bit and being embarked on a large cart.

• Like 1

Yay, I have now joined the club of the diseased! 
Yesterday I walked toward the back of my large cart, opened the cart to access the inventory, and got sick. 

[20:29:42] You cut a seedling from the trellis.
[20:30:20] You leave the aged fat Raindance '5M + Healthy'.
[20:30:20] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[20:30:40] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

and then..... 

[20:44:31] You get a bucket.
[20:44:40] You drop a bucket.
[20:44:42] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.
[20:44:44] You get a bucket.
[20:44:55] You drop a bucket.

fun times. 

ya know, it wouldn't be half so bad if player disease was an actual mechanic. If I get sick, the first thing I do is drink some herbal tea and stay hydrated... Elderberry (berries and flowers) mixed in foods and tinctures helps buff the immune system... Wrap up in a blanket, get extra rest, double down on chicken noodle soup... But in Wurn, there's absolutely nothing a player can do to help defeat a disease. 

Either make player disease a game mechanic players can interact with.... or get rid of it. 

• Like 1

+1

In a mine with commanding wagon, no other players or animals present, got diseased

In a similar vein, led a horse into a pen to breed with another horse present, diseased instantly. Yes there were 3 on the tile, but pretty ridiculous to get diseased the very moment you walk onto a tile with 2 animals, especially considering it was an enchanted grass tile, on a deed with healing bonuses. 

• Like 1

just got it again... as I MOVE on a wagon with 4 bisons hitched to it..... come on.... MOVING.. wasn't even stopped this time, fix the position of the creatures or give bigger delay for these checks.. whatever somebody have buffed so people can do their journal goal is breaking something, it's way too common to get the status now

• Like 1

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 1

Hopped on my cart, drove it around a bit, got disease.  Just solo.  Enough with this disease mechanic PLEASE! Just remove it from the game.  Seriously, will anyone complain when it is gone for good?

• Like 1

<Impetuous> [16:54:29] You ride on the wagon as the driver. [16:54:33] You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

Pretty much full ccfp, food and water, not another animal around. This is getting stupid.

Working on road with wagon a couple of tiles behind me, happened pretty much the instant I got aboard to move the wagon up to collect dirt from leveling.

Whatever was done in the patch to return this mechanic, it has gone way overboard. Fed up with having to take 30 minute breaks to isolate and max food and water to cure.

Already in lockdown in real life due to disease, having to isolate in game at the moment feels particularly insulting when I haven't done anything wrong. Seriously, turn this crap off until you have it fixed. :(

[18:08:33] You feel a lot better now as your disease is gone.  - Thanks for needlessly wasting an half an hour of my gameplay. (kept food and water full, using ccfp food and a refresh, stood on an enchanted grass tile on a deed well under ratio.) Did not go away until I had ceased all activity, full food and water whilst still performing actions for half an hour with nothing living in the area did not cure. Literally have to stop playing the game to cure in a short timespan. 

Get rid of this crap +1

Edited by Delone
Explanation of why this is especially annoying at the moment.
  • Like 1

just happened again..as I drive a cart.. and player character and 2 horses on the cart align on same tile.. a roll triggers to cause this.. NO other creature was anywhere near me at the time - just the 2 horses hitched to the cart.. and it was moving :X 

--edit

This is somewhat really common to happen now... I got it 3 times in 1-2 weeks...🤬

What is worse is.. it's tied to HUNGER rather than nutrition.. and to cure it .. I need to eat to ~80-90%??????

Than I get in the trouble of being COMPLETELY unable to buff up on any affinity pizzas.. ql90+ food especially multi-ingredient pizzas in that ql range.. fill up hunger bar FAST, because ccfp mechanic and hunger is useless with player being unable to eat once the bar is full.. this just creates another issue.

Some will say.. 'use an alt to make yourself puke' - sure... pay 2nd premium to have an alt with 25 weapon skill and tie the 2 characters at all times wherever you travel just so you can fix a bug and circumvent messy mechanics??

This is just some nonsense.. can you provide a solution that doesn't requite people to puke or pay extra premiums, make food useful content.. and fix the common disease triggering effect that happens way too often lately?

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Thank you for the cross link Finn.  Appears it is happening to a lot of folks and the pay to play crowd is Not happy.

Cheers!
Hughmongus

Road Engineer and Cartographer of Indy

Tend to almost 50 animals , use cart and wagons for long periods of time 10 hour days and have only ever had 1 disease.

If this is due to geometry literally allowing animals hitched to a cart to be in the same tile as driver/passengers (E.g., when crossing a tile diagonally), I don’t this this is a bug; it would seem to be working as coded that you’re open to a disease roll when in the same tile as two animals. That doesn’t mean I think it’s a good thing; just not a bug.

I think you’ll have better luck going to the thread in suggestions and adding voice to the suggestion to remove hitched animals from being considered in disease rolls for the passengers of the cart they’re hitched to.

Having played off and on from 2017  - 2020 I've been diseased once. But in January 2021 I've been diseased 3x so far. Two of those instances was while driving a large cart. In this last case I was on a large cart paving in a straight line with no one else around. My understanding is that the two horses pulling a cart are on the tile ahead of the player.

• Like 1

I got this the other day just riding my wagon from one side of my mine to the other. Thought this was weird seems we keep getting bugs for wagons, I still get thrown off a mountain occasionally when my hellies kick into over drive.

• Like 1

somebody recently was reporting a cart .. I think.. issue.. where it randomly disembarks just driving it forward.. didn't read the details(almost sure there were none.. like if it was driving in water depth xx to cause that..) but read just a detail that player disembarks auto on the tile with the creatures.... I suspect some dev have messed aroun with positions on the cart.. and that causes the player to often count as being on same tile as the 2 creatures(being cart/wagon  doesnt really matter.. I've gotten this so many times lately.. 1-2 a week..)

• Like 1

I got diseased a couple days ago, while riding a horse and targeting/killing two sheeps on same tile 🤧

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, Calan said:

If this is due to geometry literally allowing animals hitched to a cart to be in the same tile as driver/passengers (E.g., when crossing a tile diagonally), I don’t this this is a bug; it would seem to be working as coded that you’re open to a disease roll when in the same tile as two animals. That doesn’t mean I think it’s a good thing; just not a bug.

I think you’ll have better luck going to the thread in suggestions and adding voice to the suggestion to remove hitched animals from being considered in disease rolls for the passengers of the cart they’re hitched to.

Not the case here Calan.   It used to be no body got diseased driving their large cart, even with passengers.  I know this from 8 years of driving around Indy with an alt as a passenger when out exploring.

When wagons came in they adjusted the code to make it safe to Command or passenger on a Wagon without getting diseased because the saw it could be a problem and cause unhappy customers.

I have gotten diseased more times in the past two months, then in the past eight years combined.

... and every incidence has been driving my wagon or large cart,  not standing next to it.