Sign in to follow this  
Lilybel

Steam Authentication Failed

30 minutes ago, Traegore said:

I do not think this is a steam issue I have gone thru all 67 of my steam games every single one works and uses steam authentication. the only one not working is Wurm,

That's because none of those other games have actual Steam authentication integration. Which games like Wurm Online (having issues) and Boundless (having issues) for example do have.

I'm back in peoples, looks to be sorted

Edited by Gazmic

Would we get any SB compensation for the downtime?

I mean I know it's not their fault and we are not entitled to compensation, but since it was a problem that affected many of us, I really think that it would be an occasion for them to show that they actually care and could empathize with their player base.

Edited by Bloodreina

1 hour ago, Bloodreina said:

Would we get any SB compensation for the downtime?

proberly not 

I don't want any compensation but I would hope for more than "It's not our issue." How can this be prevented? Can we move our Steam accounts to a normal Wurm Online account? Why is it necessary to use the Steam login server when the main client doesn't need it? 

4 minutes ago, Lilybel said:

Why is it necessary to use the Steam login server when the main client doesn't need it? 

Because you're using your steam account to authenticate instead of a password

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Because you're using your steam account to authenticate instead of a password

I think steam integration should work as an ALTERNATIVE login (similarly how other sites/apps/services do it), for example epic games offer no less than seven alternative login options (as seen from the picture).

But that doesn't mean that it restricts you to that login option. You can integrate as many alternative logins as you want and login with any of them, and they all are tied to a default/native account which you can login on too.

I think the reason WURM didn't do that is because they chose a shortcut when making the Steam integration (probably to ease the finances part when passing money to/from Steam for their share). I can understand the reasoning, but that's the second time we have to pay for their laziness (first time was with black friday when again us, Steam users, draw the shortest straw having the campaign not also start later, but also end sooner than the same campaign on the native client).

yrw2nvn.png

Edited by Bloodreina