Sign in to follow this  
Lilybel

Steam Authentication Failed

I am logged into Steam and I am unable to connect to the server in Wurm. It gives me the following error "Connection denied: <Steam Authentication Failed. Make sure the Steam client is running while logging in.>" I have closed out of Steam via task manager, logged out of Steam and back in, restarted my computer and completely shut down my computer. 

• Like 2

having the same issue, have restarted steam, my pc and no joy

edit. ran game integrity too which did require a file to be fixed but didnt change the outcome.

Edited by Gazmic

same - harmony as well

Edited by Stimpack

I am on Cadence, but I also tried to log on to a SFI character that also didn't work.

I am having the same issue.  Was online earlier, logged out to grab some dinner, came back and now keep getting this same error message.

Cadence server and this started about 40 minutes ago by denying first one tab then the next tab and now the primary tab of instances, was online with one charactor 3 minutes ago now cant even log in  to the game and i did the restart veryify files on both steam and wurm now nothing at all

I am also having the same issue (Defiance), managed to get in after retrying many times however I lost connection after using PVP portal and now I can't get back in. 

1 minute ago, Zuelatak said:

Just as my event started ;(

I blame you = P

Really unfortunate there isn't a system to log into a "Steam Wurm Account" on the standalone.

16 minutes ago, Khellus said:

Really unfortunate there isn't a system to log into a "Steam Wurm Account" on the standalone.

There is but its when you create an account through non-steam. Its how I run my alt account.

I do not think this is a steam issue I have gone thru all 67 of my steam games every single one works and uses steam authentication. the only one not working is Wurm,

• Like 1

I feel there should also be options to login a Steam generated account without Steam as needed.  Our verification goes thru Steam, and we are really a customer of both Steam and Wurm, but at the end of the day we are using a Steam service for convenience but playing Wurm.  When something like this happens I feel almost cheated that I didn't know I was always under the mercy of Steam to play another game.  This isn't true of many Steam games but in Wurm's case I understand why the decision was made for authentication and billing.  But I am really your customer and you definitely don't want anyone feeling cheated.  If at all possible please make creating some options possible, and at the very least let us know you are constantly on the phone with Steam working to resolve issues preventing your new customers from playing.

Edited by RapscallionGamer
poor grammar

2 minutes ago, Traegore said:

I do not think this is a steam issue I have gone thru all 67 of my steam games every single one works and uses steam authentication. the only one not working is Wurm,

https://downdetector.com/status/steam/ it is def a steam issue. Cant connect to any servers via unturned.