Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Invert Faith's Impact on Prayer

Pretty much what it says.

Have higher faith increase prayer difficulty.  The way things currently work is just insane and pointless.

• Like 8

Yes. Exactly what I said in the other thread a few days ago.

I am not sure about "Have higher faith increase prayer difficulty." part. You probably know better than me, though. 

Honestly I think just removing faith impact altogether would make it more bearable already. 

• Like 1

If it still function like in WU then the bigger problem is that difficulty is scaling wiht your skill (waht is good) but then have a random negativ 30 to 60 on top of that. This is the big problem since you can´t go under 1 you will not notice to mutch in the erly stages but the skill is WAY to esay for good skill gain later on top of the Faith bonus for resolving it. Not sure why ther is this random dificulty decrees in ther but this is (if it have not changed since the WU codebase) the biggest factor to ruin the skill gain.

Yeap nice idea, the issue isn't the long grind it's more the fact you just don't get good gains from the idle praying you do by just playing the game.  This would resolve that issue. +1

Would be nice as someone who is about to begin the prayer grind :P, seems a little backwards that you get punished for improving your priest before this end game goal. I'd also say it'd be nice to go further and add something like botanising where at you progressively unlock more difficult actions like pray for healing, pray for flint and pray for salt with higher chances of getting them adding an option for gems/coins might be op however, then again that might just be me wanting an easier time of it.

Going to bump this one for the new year; mostly because I think this is something that needs implementing.

Why?  Because the ONLY explenation to not implement this is that you wanted people to grind new priest alts, or reward people who cheesed the system using championing/epic.

We'll be looking at implementing this, provided it doesn't break anything. 

If there's a better solution for the prayer grind we may adjust, but this is definitely something we'd like to do 

• Like 14

Yes, hundreds of hours where being an actual priest is a detriment.

This is the sort of wogic that is detrimental to new player retention.