Sign in to follow this  
Omar

Make Keybinds Searchable

Hi, the new keybind system is really cool especially the quick add feature. One problem is there is no warning for already having that keybind in use, and to go see if you already have it assigned you have to go to 'all' and search through the list to see if you already have it used.

Suggesting to add a 'search for keybind' box, and or a warning box when you try to assign it when already in use, for both 'quick bind' and in the keybind menu.

Thanks

• Like 3

+1

To add, the feature is already there for us console lovers :) (console opened by F1).

To find a keybind, type Findbind <bind> , e.g. findbind activate. Keybind and key are displayed.

To find a key bound or not, type bind key , e.g. bind prospect. In my case "bind ALT+P PROSPECT" is displayed, if no key bound, that is noticed.

A slight weakness is that local chat and direct console calls translating in local chat, bound with e.g. bind CTRL+H "say guards!", bind ALT+W "/weather" or bind CTRL+X  "firepillar" cannot be found in reverse search, only by find <key>. They can only be created in console, not in keybind window.

Edited by Ekcin

Somehow, last night my Pagedown keybind switched away from look down to something else.  What else, I did not immediately find out.  All I knew was every time I tried to look down I got "You are too far away to do that" as if I was in danger of vertigo or something.  The only way I had of finding it was to try to rebind to look down and THEN I was told what was bound in its place.

I assume that the quick add interpreted something as binding PageDown as "examine" but for the life of me I have no idea what.  I was having all sorts of issues with lag and drop outs, and I have no idea what else might have bugged.  Quick add of stuff can be good, but at the very least a confirmation would be good.