Sign in to follow this  
Yng

Truffel pigs

Most animals have some value besides being butchered ... except pigs. So to make them a little more valueable I suggest to let them search for truffels. And that would openup a whole new set of recipes.

• Like 6

Hey cool!  Yeah, good idea :) I never keep pigs so that would make them have more of a use.

I would argue they do have value besides butchering. They eat almost anything. That's particularly useful if you're rush-skilling HFC or Gardening, in that you get something back - pork - as opposed to nothing, with the trash-heap.

Yet I like the idea that pigs could feed themselves from tree-tiles. And that they would have intrinsic Foraging skill.

No objections to more cooking ingredients. (Can we have roe too?)

• Like 2

Nice idea!  Pigs are a complete pain to keep so some other advantage than bacon would be cool. They seem to lack the utility of the other kine.

Cows get - milk, beef, hide, Mount (lol)

Sheep get - milk, lamb, wool

Horses get - meat, hide, Mount

Pigs get - bacon ... and a pita rep. (Unless I am missing something like them being death on four trotters as a pet - lol)

Maybe allow foraging for truffles if you are leading a pig or order a pet pig to search for them, or something like that.

Having them able to forage on tree tiles sounds like something the Devs might find too much, all though I would love to see it, as it would add to the utility of orchards as pig-pens and make pigs far more unique and interesting creatures.
(It would also prevent players from foraging the orchard but that's the trade-off).

The extra recipes from adding truffles would also be awesome.

pigs get the ease of grinding tsming cuz they eat anything

but yeah itd be cool if you couod breed traits that let pigs sniff out shrooms and truffles

12 hours ago, RainRain said:

but yeah itd be cool if you couod breed traits that let pigs sniff out shrooms and truffles

A pig with 'keen senses' would make sense in a truffle pig :)

• Like 1

I will be in favor of anything related to pigs, since all they can currently do is act cute and try to fight everything nearby when I leave them tame.