Sign in to follow this  
tomcatvmp

horses stolen.

off deed due to maintenance of deed . Fence smashed yesterday and four horses taken from q 19, horses are called Northdream Westbear Osiodream Falcondog. any info apprieciated.

You should edit your post!  Horses where not stolen as #1 they were not branded and #2 they were not on a deed. 

But If I ever see these names I will pm you

22 hours ago, BoarHead said:

You should edit your post!  Horses where not stolen as #1 they were not branded and #2 they were not on a deed. 

But If I ever see these names I will pm you

I disagree with your definitions here.

They were stolen; they had an owner. But they were not adequately protected, so this isn't something that GMs can/will do anything about.

56 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

They were stolen

Think this might be a good teachable moment. Maybe I can learn something. 

Wurm has in place many game mechanics that will stop people from " stealing ".  Deeds , Saddles on horses  and even Branding a horse will prevent someone from leading a horse. The Dev's went as far as to allow a " owner " the ability to track his horse but they have to be branded. Only branding and saddle on a horse is how a horse has an owner.      So BRAND your horses.

56 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

I disagree with your definitions here

A very fun part of wurm is looting old deeds. No one can know if a fenced in area not deeded is not just abandoned.  With the lack of wild horses atm on Cadence Everyone should guard your horses as if they were made of gold.

I do hate the OP has lost his horses.

Edited by BoarHead
  • Like 1

i agree that protecting your horses with a brand is the best idea, sorry that someone did this dastardly deed , my advice for the future is to make sure every animal you own has your deeds brand on it whether you store them on or off deed. If i see your horses i will let you know 

thanks for the replys everyone i have learnt my lesson.Now i have done a lot of research into this and it seems over the past month there has been a spate of people all around the lake at q19 who have had mine doors smashed walls off deed smashed . basically anything not locked down stolen. its happened to at least 5 deeds around the lake that i know of one guy has given up his deed as he was fed up of finding the surrounding area dug up , they even stole an oven that must have been off deed.  deeds that have been left for a while are being carefully watched and looted as soon as they die. so it isnt just me who has been affected. during this time one name keeps coming up every time; either  tracks leading away from the scene and or seen in local. due to a priest friend we know he lives at q16 so he travels quite a distance to cause his trouble. and i for one am sick of him so if you see  from q 16 in your local chat beware your area could be next.. ps  you are not welcome in q19 .(and thats from everyone round the lake not just me)

Edited by tomcatvmp

Um, off deed mine doors can be bashed. If your mine is off deed, secure your storage in it. Better yet, expand your deed to cover it. An off-deed mine is a public mine. More than once I’ve opened a public mine after prospecting an ore I wanted only to come back later and find someone dropped a door I had to bash.

If an item can be picked up, it’s not being stolen (unless there’s an exploit involved). The game literally stops items being stolen.

Someone keeping an eye on an abandoned deed waiting for it to decay to the point of being lootable is again within the rules of the game and imo welcome. I’d rather see items that would otherwise decay due to abandonment be put to good use. Not to mention there’s a whole system that encourages visiting abandoned deeds, the more recently abandoned the better.

I think you need to do some more research between what’s allowed and what’s griefing. And I really think you should remove the accused’s name. He may not be welcome in your area and you’re welcome to tell him so in local/pm, but 1) you’ve not even said he’s been seen to do any of this, 2) if he’s not griefing and just showing poor etiquette (if even that), I don’t think naming and shaming is the right course and can lead to actual harassment, and 3) most importantly you’ve not even said you’ve attempted to talk with him about your concerns.

Edited by Calan
Typo: prosecuting > prospecting
  • Like 1

I agree with Calan about the mine thing.  I've prospected a lot of public mines and purposefully left them accessible to others, even reinforced the really valuable mines.  Everytime someone has 'claimed' it by putting a door over it.  These same people act all indignant when their door gets bashed in. 

Also, publicly shaming someone who may just be passing through regularly, with no actual proof is frowned upon.