Sign in to follow this  
CistaCista

Harmony Regatta #2 - Sailing Boat race - finished!

IT’S TACKING TIME!

Or is it? If you have wondered if zigzagging against the wind is efficient for a small sailing boat, now we will know for sure, for the second Harmony regatta is all about - small sailboats! 

Your host is again the deed Purebreds H and we are ready to party :) The first regatta went really well and we learned enough to arrange bigger races from now on.

Small Sailing Boat race Sunday 20/12 at 19:00 UCT

timer_E1608490811.svg

Prize purse - 50 silver 

First place: 20 silver
Second place: 10 silver, Third place: 5 silver, Fourth place: 3 silver
Newcomer prizes: 5 silver for first boat that is QL40 or lower, 4 silver for the first QL30 or lower.
Special prize of 3 silver for the prettiest boat (decided by a jury of 3).
(You can only win one prize).
In addition, all the prize winners will be allowed to buy any horses from Purebreds H at half price on this day. The overall winner of the race can buy horses at half price forever!

Purebreds H sales island “Treasure Island” in M13/M14, Harmony server. (Treasure Island and Purebreds H are separate deeds)
Study the race map in the next post below!

Rules
1) 50 QL is the highest allowed (50.99 QL is accepted, 51.00 QL is not accepted)
2) No rare boats or runes if those were possible
3) No crew in your boat, one person only
4) No alts, you can only race with one character on the day.
5) You absolutely MUST be present at the main race 15 minutes before start, to have your boat inspected, get into race chat and get ready. This is crucial, and you will NOT be invited into race chat if you are late. The minutes before start are hectic, and we hope you will want to arrive hours before the main race and watch the semis.

How do I join?
You have two options:
A ) Bring your own sailing boat you have imped to as much as 50 QL  
or
B ) Sign up to borrow one of our four QL50 boats. 

Semifinals (for borrowed boats)

NB! semifinals are only for those that wish to borrow a boat from the deed, people in their own boats go directly to the main race. 
Each semifinal has 4 people competing for 2 spots. 
Time: 2 hours before the main race, and 1 hour before the main race. 
Course: same as Regatta #1, can be seen here. They take 15 minutes and are a great preparation for the main race.
Sign up now for the semifinal that you prefer! Even if you sign up as person number 5 or 6, you can be lucky and get a boat when you arrive.  

Racing in semi 1: Pixhim, Overagedbarge  -  Semi 2: ...

New players: remember you need 20.10 mind logic

Additional remarks:
a) Please claim your boat for the semifinals 15 minutes before race start. After that, boats can go to the next people on the list.
b) A person can race in semifinal 1, and afterwards can also be allowed in semifinal 2 if there is a slot.
c) I can imp your own boat to 50 if you arrive hours before the semifinals.
d) There is room in the Race Official boat for some spectators that want to sail along.The boat is open for embarking. 
e) *After* the start, spectators and other people on the server, can be invited to the race chat.
f) The Race Official boat will follow the leaders, and gives general directions on the route, but it is up to the contestants to find for the optimal track
g) If you get stuck, you are allowed to drag the boat.

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 5

Race course  
Map below!
You start by making a half circle around Treasure Island [1], then South through the canal, and pass the Shoulhaven Island on the North side [2]. You continue southeast through uncharted waters to the Tempelhof Canal and then Southwest. The ingame map at the turning point is very misleading, which is why I have inset my on little map sketch [3]. There are two sand islands there and you go around them by the North side. They are easy enough to see when you get there - see my photo further below. 

Turning back you repeat the same course, north around Shoalhaven [2], and around Treasure Island in the opposite direction [4]. The duration of the race will be c.35 minutes.

Jgn9mv3.jpg

This is what the sand islands at the turning point look like. The big island is in the center image, the small one can be glimpsed in the left side of image: 

b79RK2g.jpg

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 5

The Way leads past my Deed.I am unfortunately not there the Days :( PS my Deed is Newborg the small Castle at point 3

• Like 1

I missed the rowboat race, but I will be there this time. It sounds like fun!

• Like 1

ooooh yeah gonna totally come! sail boats, nice! ... 35minute course, oh buoy(heh heh)!

• Like 1

i'll be around for this one Cista but will need to borrow a sailboat :)

Overagedbarge 

• Like 1

The race is tonight omg! Looks like there could be as many as 10 boats racing this time.

This race was awesome! Thank you for putting this together!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for putting this on Cistacista! It was a lot of fun!

Spoiler

ALsrb2x.png

rv13LI6.png

J51bf3u.png

vveNpjl.png

nG01xHV.png

• Like 4

Thanks to all the wonderful people that came to the race! It was spectacular, in fact we had 10 boats ready at the start line (mostly ready). Despite one boat sailing away from the start line in the wrong direction, and despite the race official getting stuck in sand at one point, the race was very tight and competitive too.

Official results:

1. Dalden, 2. Hod, 3. Overagedbarge, 4. Nyest.

Runners-up: Neovangallen, Blueskies, Taraniss (Newcomer prize winner) and Raeba.

Lost at sea or to indigenous tribes: Xeelei and Juicygem.

Prettiest ship prize: Blueskies.

See you next time!

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Hendic said:

Thanks for putting this on Cistacista! It was a lot of fun!

Taking a snapshot while racing over the finish line, that's showmanship lol!

Err, yeah, that was not my intention, just thought it was a better shot than some of the others I took. 🥴

qllkm6em.jpgwetrh4j8.jpgqjyg4vie.jpg6643ne8g.jpg7enth938.jpgrbmxskc5.jpg

hu45ax27.jpg

b6yqrtgc.jpg

w92yajkc.jpg

otemsq9d.jpg

wx7cdrwl.jpg

(Spectators view)

Edited by Yurisa
  • Like 5