Sign in to follow this  
Fengist

The One-Name horse registry

In my alt's travels as a mobile vet I see a lot of horses. Of some interest to me are the rare one-names.  So here, as my alt (Dunsel) travels around fixing horses, I"ll post images of any one-names I find. If you own a one-name, feel free to post an image of it here.

And to start off, here's the one-name I own, Wart and a link to the post about how I acquired him.

BWKzF87.jpg

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 5

Was out today on a customer's deed on Cadence playing veterenarian and discovered Mack.  Sammael is the current owner of Mack and has no plans to be rid of him. 

JfbUSXg.jpg

• Like 1

And while I was on Sammael's deed above, he mentioned one his neighbors owned, Fantasy.

KNqtPu4.jpg

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 1

I have two 5-speed stallions, Gallant and Benny, on Southern Freedom Isles.

Thanks for this thread :) 

• Like 1

I have "Rags" and "Damien".

Damien was born on the same day that I also had Raindance arrive in the pen beside him: That day IRL their was flooding rain locally, perhaps Damien and Raindance were an "Omen" 😜 

Edited by Delone
  • Like 1

Recently I found I had one!  Ibn was born last week. I'll get a picture soon!

• Like 1

Notice:  One-Name Rescue Attempt!

I've also stumbled on two others, Pifa and Yoana.  Both of these are located on a deed that appears to be collapsing soon (northern servers).  Fortunately, none of the gates on the deed are locked and neither one is branded.  I was able to get inside their pens and feed them (Pifa chowed down on 20+ grass).  I'll be checking on them every few days to try to keep them alive.  Once the deed drops, I'll make a rescue attempt and try to find good homes for them if anyone has an interest in owning these one-names.

Yoana is a blood bay and Pifa is a grey.  Neither has any traits.

If you'd be interested in owning Pifa or Yoana, please let me know either via post here or pm Dunsel in-game.

And had our first one-name born today, Sage.  Unfortunately, she didn't win the lottery when it came to traits. She's stuck with 3 neutrals.  But, she'll make a fine cart horse for running around the deed.

xyLdkSK.jpg

Well, I was riding through the desert on a horse with NO name....

Oh, wait a minute, that may not have been me.  I know I heard it somewhere though...

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 3

And here's the latest addition. Cliff.

Cliff was born to a neighbor and alliance member. Knowing my affection for both Appaloosas and Wart, they gave me Cliff as a gift.  
And, since I'm testing a WordPress plugin that takes Wurm Assistant exports and makes tables, here's Cliff's stats.

Price Name Speed Gender Age Color Traits
Not for sale Cliff 3 Speed female AdolescentFoal Appaloosa
appaloosa-min.png
It will fight fiercely
It has fleeter movement than normal
It can carry more than average
It has very strong leg muscles

Nd2LKwS.jpg

Edited by Fengist

On 1/18/2021 at 6:07 AM, Fengist said:

And here's the latest addition. Cliff.

Cliff was born to a neighbor and alliance member. Knowing my affection for both Appaloosas and Wart, they gave me Cliff as a gift.  
And, since I'm testing a WordPress plugin that takes Wurm Assistant exports and makes tables, here's Cliff's stats.

Price Name Speed Gender Age Color Traits
Not for sale Cliff 3 Speed female AdolescentFoal Appaloosa
appaloosa-min.png
It will fight fiercely
It has fleeter movement than normal
It can carry more than average
It has very strong leg muscles

Nd2LKwS.jpg

I just had to :D I hope someone else likes Metallica :D 

Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots in the archive, but I sold a 5s white horse named 'Roman' to @Joelleback in 2018.  She was building a collection of horses with a single name at the time, so she might be a great resource for this registry.

Gold horse on Deli named Babe - only 3 traits btu I stil keep her for nostalgia - venerable and about 3 years old

Runed and Rained are not single name horses, as "Ed" is a common suffix name. You can see how these specific combination names were made, by looking at the Wurmpedia page on horse names:  https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Horse_names

So these are actually Run+Ed and Rain+Ed. Ed makes some interesting combo names though! I once had a Kissed (Kiss+Ed) on Deliverance. I've had a lot of one named horses over the years including Rose, Lady, Roman, Babe, Falcon and some others, mostly all clean-trait 5 speeds,  but mostly on WU servers and I never had any particular luck finding them homes simply due to their names. Single name horses were added back in 2016. So it always surprised me when i would see people advertising some at a very high mark up based only on the name.  I guess some people are better at marketing than me.

A registry is kind of a fun idea, though!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

5 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

So it always surprised me when i would see people advertising some at a very high mark up based only on the name.  I guess some people are better at marketing than me.

A registry is kind of a fun idea, though!

For the same reason people pay a fortune for a spell book that has exactly one cast.

For now, one-names up north are no big deal. Which is why Wart was just given to me after the previous owner couldn't sell him.  Years from now though, when people get bored of 'normal' horses, collecting one-names will be a thing up north too.

Hell, more people now know Wart than know me. Ya just can't buy that kind of advertising.

Our deed hosts a nicely named hellhorse:

Ula

Edited by Jaz

Ok, I'm not quite sure what to make of this but Cliff, who I posted above, just gave birth to... Vanessa, a nice lil 4 speed with Fight Fiercely as a neutral trait.

rNEujDC.jpg

Edited by Fengist