Sign in to follow this  
Ngin

Need an answer before hanging outside

Hello,
I just noticed that if you have a tamed pet, any hostile creature will instantly attack your pet on sight, of course you can always run that's a good thing or kill the hostile creature. But what if a player with hell horses attached to his large cart follows you and kill your tamed pet on purpose, what are the consequences of this act on PVE server ? Is he gonna get away with "oops sry"

How do you avoid this, even on deed someone could just get in and use this againsts your pet so how do you keep your tamed pet alive.

dont tame? other than tanky pets (crocks, trolls, scorpions) that are supposed to take damage, why do you need to have tamed horse to run around? or a dog? or a pig lol?

on deed - dont give anyone permissions to enter fenced areas, houses etc where you keep you tamed pets in. if you have villagers that deliberately kill your tamed pets, well, maybe you should reconsider your villagers lol? also, if some one brings hell horses to your deed to kill your tamed animals, well, set guards to kill aggressive mobs - those hell horses wont stand a chance lol.

14 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

set guards to kill aggressive mobs - those hell horses wont stand a chance lol.

I see you lack of knowledge guards will not target the hell horses that are hitched to the large cart. It's a unicorn with speed traits by the way not those pesky pets.

Sad that you are suggesting me to don't tame, so what is the point of Animal Taming if it can be abused like this, just a decoration with all those functionality.

If you tame an animal you can set it to log off with you.

Strong tamed animals can be used in combat I suppose.

Edited by Beanbag
  • Like 1

I have never heard of this happening on PvE, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. If someone ever deliberately killed a pet, it could be considered griefing and a /support ticket should be filed.  Although from my experience almost all PvE players have much better things to do with their time, than to kill other player's pets.   

I've been personally attacked by a friend's cart hell horses before, so I guess it works both ways, but there were no hard feelings - it's in the nature of the beast.

Agreed, currently we have a situation where tamed pets and hell horses are not compatible - hell horses always have a chance to attack all and sundry, including players and their pets, and so if you go out with a tamed animal, you accept that risk.  Likewise though, if you have aggressive mobs such as hell horses, you will find tower guards are not compatible, and other players could kill unhitched hell horses, so careful thought needs to be put into where it is safe to keep and breed your hellies.

So, we all have our vulnerabilities, but PvE is largely about co-operation and looking out for ones neighbours, and over the years I have found that most players grow to understand this. :) 

• Like 3

I fully agree to Muse. I also never heard about somebody pursueing pets with hell horses. Btw., it depends on the pet to become painfull for the hell horse too, if it deals with a bear, or something tougher (conditioned pets for example, a tame champion wolf may take on two hell horses without troubles in my observation). Of course, such action as was described is as vicious as stupid as it may escalate into quarrels where the tamer "unintentionally" parks his champion hell hound next to the cart of the offender, not his problem when the beasts attack.

Get me right, I do not advise or advocate such, on contrary. Such tit for tat may get out of hand very soon and end up in lasting hostility and loss of fun for both sides. And once players engage in such vendetta crusades, they are on their own, and both parties may face GM reprimands no matter who started the folly.

I would advise that you stay calm. keep the affair in mind and on observation if it happened at all. Either it was a temporary lapse, or the perpetrator is fairly unlikely to make many friends. Just avoid such people.

As long as you choose to ride, or even worse, lead tame horses, they will always be in danger, being a one hit for lava spiders/fiends, bears, scorps and the like, and 2hit for wolves, hell horses being a lesser danger. It is simply not very wise to  have tame vulnerable creatures in the open. A chain barding may help but only a bit. So, if you like your horse, do not hold it tamed (it is sometimes necessary to tame to gear up, but do it on safe spots only and untame afterwards).

Edited by Ekcin

4 hours ago, Ekcin said:

As long as you choose to ride, or even worse, lead tame horses, they will always be in danger, being a one hit for lava spiders/fiends, bears, scorps and the like, and 2hit for wolves, hell horses being a lesser danger. It is simply not very wise to  have tame vulnerable creatures in the open. A chain barding may help but only a bit. So, if you like your horse, do not hold it tamed (it is sometimes necessary to tame to gear up, but do it on safe spots only and untame afterwards).

It's not a horse, it's an unicorn and they can't be equipped with any gear except saddle and horse shoes made of electrum/gold/silver. The greediness of players might push them to kill and loot the unicorn if it has rare horseshoes or high quality saddle. Someone actually did it on the public Giant killing event on Melody, my friend made a mistake of taming a horse and someone killed it and looted it away with hellhorses, good thing that it was just some regular gear sets that were on the horse.

I know how unis are equipped, sometimes craft these horse shoes. Unis must stay tame to be not only geared but ridden. Yet they are fairly strong, not sure who wins in a fight, uni or HH.

As to looting, this can only be done with an unbranded horse. Granted, when sailing to other servers, the mount may be unbranded there. Yet, in such cases, no matter if one uses HH or just kites mobs, one should remember who did such. It is no normal player behaviour in PvE, and is widely frowned upon. Maybe the northern player community needs bit more maturing.

There are a few  things  you can do.

Starting with; don't take tamed animals to events. It's always likely they will be attacked at some point. Either when travelling there or when having them in a general pen.

Now, the moment a player's hellhorses attack a tamed animal, tell that player he need to back away. You can use "/me" (without the quotes) in local to get more attention. Also: move away yourself as well to make sure the distance between your tamed pet and the hell horses is as large as possible.

If that player refuses to do so, tell him / her the same thing again, but add to it  that it may be considered as griefing; which could lead to said player being banned.

Make sure you got screenshots of this conversation; as you may need them later.

If said player still doesn't back up and moving away from them doesn't help as he follows you, you can post in your sever's chatbox or Freedom chat: "X player's hell horses are attaching me and when I move away he follows me. What can I do?"

Again, screenshot that, as you may need it.

Most likely people  tell you to keep moving away; but if you got lucky a GM may catch eye to that and help you.

If it doesn't and the hell horses kill your tamed animal, screenshot it again. If your tamed animal got looted, screenshot that too. Including messages of you telling that player not to do that as those are your items.

if  that player replies with: "Oops. Sorry," while looting; screenshot that too.

And here comes the fun part:

Put your screenshot in a seperate folder at Imgur or any other screenshot site.

After that open a support ticket - using /support - and tell briefly what happened.

Like: "Player X hellhorses killed my tamed pet and player looted items afterwards. Got screenshot of the event."

If there's room for it, add the link. If not, give the GM that contacts you the link.

After that it's just a matter of waiting patienly, but since you are able to provide the evidence needed to show you did whatever you could to warn that player, GM's may decide in your favour. It won't give you your tamed animal back, but at least you may get your items back. And the player doing the griefing - because I consider it griefing when you use an agressive animal to kill a tamed one - may face some penalty he / she doesn't like at all.

Thorin :) 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ngin said:

I see you lack of knowledge guards will not target the hell horses that are hitched to the large cart. 

last time i rode passed the starter deed with my HH cart, the templars tried to attack my HHs, so.. 

3 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Now, the moment a player's hellhorses attack a tamed animal, tell that player he need to back away.

Now, mind explaining me, why would i have to move away, if my HH started attacking some other players tamed pet? fair enough if i walked onto said player and this happened. But if im working in the spot with my HH cart nearby, then some ones comes over and then tells me to move away? "Get F...ed" i would say and i wouldn't be griefing..

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

Now, mind explaining me, why would i have to move away, if my HH started attacking some other players tamed pet? fair enough if i walked onto said player and this happened. But if im working in the spot with my HH cart nearby, then some ones comes over and then tells me to move away? "Get F...ed" i would say and i wouldn't be griefing..

Dunno how did you manage to misunderstand that lol. You don't need to move away, just don't walk that HH cart towards a player's tamed pet on purpose, if they stand nearby it's their fault.

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

last time i rode passed the starter deed with my HH cart, the templars tried to attack my HHs, so.. 

HITCHED BRANDED ANIMALS ARE SAFE.

5 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

After that it's just a matter of waiting patienly, but since you are able to provide the evidence needed to show you did whatever you could to warn that player, GM's may decide in your favour. It won't give you your tamed animal back, but at least you may get your items back. And the player doing the griefing - because I consider it griefing when you use an agressive animal to kill a tamed one - may face some penalty he / she doesn't like at all.

Thanks for taking your time explaining the steps.

Edited by Ngin
  • Like 1

Skatyna, I advise to read my post and quote me right and not only what you consider as confronting you.

I said that the moment someone's HH attack a tamed animal, tell that player to back them off AND back off yourself as well.
We're not talking about an accidental incident here, but about when something like that happens on purpose. There's a big difference between those two things and you certainly need to keep that in mind.

If a player with a tamed animal passed your cart with HH, and your HH attack that tamed animal, yes, in that case it won't be nice to ask you to back up.
However, you still can decide to back up to make sure your animals won't attack a tamed animal. So that "Get F...ed" comment isn't really apropriate, no matter if you are the one using your HH on purpose to attack a tamed animal or not.
After all, we all (should) know that backing up when we're attacking something we don't want to fight, is the best option. And that goes to agressive animals as well. So even if you aren't the one setting your animals to attack on purpose; as was mentioned in the OP's post; backing up may be a good thing to do, as it at least shows your good intentions.

Thorin :)

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 4:13 AM, Ngin said:

HITCHED BRANDED ANIMALS ARE SAFE.

a) no need to yell.

b) so now you mention branded for the first time.  Please don't ask questions of more experienced players and then tell them they are ignorant when you haven't given them the full story.

Thorin has probably nutshelled it quite nicely, so I won't add to that.

AFAIR deed guards never attack hitched animals even if they are not branded. 

4 hours ago, Platyna said:

AFAIR deed guards never attack hitched animals even if they are not branded. 

I think they were talking about Spirit Templars, yep Guards don't attack hitched animals.

Spirit Templars are the deed guards. You have deed guards and tower guards in game. 

Edited by Platyna