Sign in to follow this  
Equinox

Geriatric Wurm

We invite you to join us at Geriatric Wurm

Things are a bit slower in the land of the old - not just our memories or cognitive abilities, either! 

Do you hate ridiculously long lists of rules and requirements when you join a server? We do too!! We're all blind here so we cant read them anyways.

Server Rules: 1. Don't be an a-hole.

The start towns of both maps are super easy to navigate and minimally (but functionally) designed.  No getting lost in mazes of markets and mega-buildings! We all know GM's can make amazing mega structures, we don't need to show you again.

We have TONS of mods and custom content and a small, but amazing player-base!

The Hermit server runs 1x 2x on an 8k map. If you're just plain tired of telling kids to get off your lawn, this is your server! Come get yourself a big yard with no neighbors!

8k Live map

regular-banner-1.png

Fortitude Map

The Survival server is for old, crusty die-hards. Running at 1x 3x - People just not your thing? Come live up north in the bitter cold where life is hard. Remember, you might just be old, but you're still capable and we think you still have value.
regular-banner-1.png

Come check out the forums and wiki and maybe have your kids bring you over to the server for the day, we'll be happy to have you AND we have extra butterscotch pudding and hard candy! 

Cheers!
Equinox

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 5

Nice server, nice map, nice people! 

Hardly any roads out there yet, it is all still rough wilderness. 

Several old-old-timers.  Turns out one of the players here sold me my very first weapon from when I was a noobie 10 years ago, heh. And they were already a longtime Wurmer back then.

Very chill and relaxed atmosphere.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

I tried 3x to log in to Geriatric Hermit 8k tonight, but it kept timing out.  No trouble logging in to the Geriatric Survival, though.  

This look interesting, may i ask where this server is located? Cause i get a good ping on this one and love the big map :)

8 hours ago, Batta said:

I tried 3x to log in to Geriatric Hermit 8k tonight, but it kept timing out.  No trouble logging in to the Geriatric Survival, though.  

You may have hit it when it was restarting. We did a maintenance restart late last night. Everything is running smoothly this morning and we'd love to have you over for tea!

43 minutes ago, Wildelf said:

This look interesting, may i ask where this server is located? Cause i get a good ping on this one and love the big map :)

It's in Atlanta, GA, USA

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Equinox said:

You may have hit it when it was restarting. We did a maintenance restart late last night. Everything is running smoothly this morning and we'd love to have you over for tea!

It's in Atlanta, GA, USA

Yeah i loved it, now i finally find a place to kick back and enjoy :)

• Like 2

Update! Added a 4k server to the North for hunting! Hunting server also runs the survival mod. It has custom spawn and rift mobs for hard core people and is PvE.

Because you can still see those damn kids on your grass

Livemap Link

• Like 2

Bump! Growing well - Great player base and a growing economy. Hope to see you there! 

• Like 2

Troll City Dungeon open!

It seems the Trolls and the Goblins have formed an alliance and had enough of the humans beating them down! Together, they erected a city high atop a mountain and elected a master. Automated mission-controlled city with puzzles! Make your way to the city and try to overthrow it! Prizes and achievements await the victors. Death awaits the weak. 

imGoYUX.jpg

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 3

Bump!

Crash sleep bonus issue resolved. 5 sleep powders awarded for crashes. 

Crop ticks are now static and are unaffected by crashes or restarts.

/nexttick displays a chat message the gives the time until the next crop tick

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Equinox said:

Crop ticks are now static and are unaffected by crashes or restarts.

/nexttick displays a chat message the gives the time until the next crop tick

Is this something that could be put into a public mod?  I'd love both of these features.

Perhaps. I'll have to check with the gentleman that configured that.

• Like 1

This is a great server for those looking for challenge without an abundance of suffering :) The timers are on the low end (for some) but are balanced with a nice selection of QoL mods. The deeds are free so you can hit the ground running. The custom map is HUGE with gorgeous views around every corner. The admin is very active in game and also in maintaining the the server. New mods are being developed and added such as the crop changes mentioned above. We also have a community of 40+ people actively playing which has fostered a healthy economy. If you are looking for a fresh start come check us out and join the fun!

P.S. There is also a sister server (Geriatric Fortitude) for those who DO like a little suffering with their Wurm 😄 1x 1x timers, start with no gear/tools, survival mod, very limited ore and animal count, no free deeds, etc. We do still have a good selection of mods to help ease the pain though.

• Like 2

I'm enjoying this server quite a bit. Friendly community. Room to build and grow. 

• Like 3

would be interesting if we got paid for building highways, towers, tunnels, canals, etc