Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Snowman Statues for Northern Freedom Isles

The time has come to think about the type of gifts we would choose to give at the end of the year.

If the SFI players could choose a new year gift to give to the Northern Freedom Islanders, it looks like it has to be a snowman statue.  

SFI people have been talking about them a number of times in CA_Help, and I think some of the NFI players are starting to feel a bit left out, with no way to get snowballs for the coming season.

Please can you fix it so that NFI players get an extra new years gift this coming year - a snowman statue - as a big welcome to Wurm from us Southerners :)

Thanks.

• Like 1

Another possibility would be to possibly have some of the SFI Gifts as a redeemable reward in the marks shop. Either through a random gift (similar to the gift box), or being able to choose which one you want. +1 for old Christmas gifts brought to the new server!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

possibly have some of the SFI Gifts as a redeemable reward in the marks shop

I think it's important to be able to choose which gift they get if they are spending earned loyalty marks, but yes that's a good idea.

• Like 1

Since we can't start a charity of Snowmen for Northerners, I agree with this suggestion-an extra gift at least for one year or the choice from the marks shop. 

• Like 1

i disagree. Snowman's were gifts for the old clusters and should never be implemented in the NFI unless they can be transferred over when the servers fully merge. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Muse said:

The time has come to think about the type of gifts we would choose to give at the end of the year.

If the SFI players could choose a new year gift to give to the Northern Freedom Islanders, it looks like it has to be a snowman statue.  

SFI people have been talking about them a number of times in CA_Help, and I think some of the NFI players are starting to feel a bit left out, with no way to get snowballs for the coming season.

Please can you fix it so that NFI players get an extra new years gift this coming year - a snowman statue - as a big welcome to Wurm from us Southerners :)

Thanks.

issue is.. there is only one unique item generating snowballs... and no alternative mechanic..

Few examples with unique xmas Gift items and craftable alternative are there:

- gift picnic basket - lunchbox (difference: afaik only visual model)

- gift saddle bag - craftable saddlebags (difference: afaik only visual model)

- gift sleeping bags - craftable sleeping bag (difference: slightly harsher, was it -25 or 50% less sb gained from the craftable item where else both take damage and require ql maintenance(in comparison with snowball lantern - zero maintenance))

It seems that consistency for content is somewhat lacking 🤔 

• Like 1

Sorry but...

-1 from me

It's a nice idea, but it's favouring one cluster over another.

22 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Sorry but...

-1 from me

How is it favouring one over the other? 

23 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Sorry but...

-1 from me

If it is added to the marks shop on both servers, how does that favor one over the other?

15 hours ago, brattygirl said:

If it is added to the marks shop on both servers, how does that favor one over the other?

Maybe you want to read the OP again?  No mention there of the marks shop.

The idea of gifts in the mark shop is a whole different bag of worms.  You'd end up with the "pay to win" argument.

15 hours ago, Gawain said:

How is it favouring one over the other? 

On 12/10/2020 at 7:21 PM, Muse said:

That pretty much defines it.

Did you miss out on the snowman gift last time?  I am sorry,  I apologise, I failed to fully appreciate the scope of this real need.

In that case, and especially for the great influx of new players on both clusters, perhaps we should all get a snowman gift this year.

31 minutes ago, Muse said:

In that case, and especially for the great influx of new players on both clusters, perhaps we should all get a snowman gift this year.

Works for me.