Sign in to follow this  
and0r

PvM

Hello, are there any mods which add more focus on PvM sort of like a traditional RPG? Maybe even quests?

I enjoy all the building and crafting features, but I feel the game is severely lacking with actual things to do, for a solo single player gamer such as myself, at least.

Great game, just wish it had more.

Sandbox MMO is not RPG (or MMORPG), so you cant really expect RPG gameplay in the MMO and likewise.. 

You don't believe that a greater PvM focus would fit well within this game?

I certainly do.

There is a dungeon mod that may be what you are looking for, I saw it on the mod list.

The description is vague and there are no screenshots. Im not sure of exactly what it does.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:52 PM, Skatyna said:

Sandbox MMO is not RPG (or MMORPG), so you cant really expect RPG gameplay in the MMO and likewise.. 

Sandbox simply means that players do not need to follow a guided route. It does/can apply to RPG games. Look at Ultima Online, one of the first MMO's. You can do whatever you want in the game, there is no real restricted route you have to take in playing, but there are still quests and dungeons and a lot more than just build your house and training skills/crafting. I'm new to Wurm as well. I love the game so far, but unless I'm missing something, outside of setting up your settlement there seems to be a lack of what to do after that. That being said, with the mods people have posted there is a lot you can do with it. Treasure hunting, the dungeon mod could have some potential, there was a lot of really cool ones posted that could bulk up your world with fun content for players to do. And you could always make your own systems if you are decent at programming.