Sign in to follow this  
DannyUKK

Priest Vynora tips

I have recently started a Priest Vynora so far I am faith 54, alignment 100, channelling 26. Can anyone tell me what level I should be using Circle Of Cunning on my tools please? I have tried many times but they all shatter on quality 1 tools. I've been casting Opulance on vegetables to increase channelling but it goes up so slow and not sure what level it should be to at least get a couple of casts here and there.  

https://www.dreamsleeve.org/wurm/grinder/

Set the Bonus to 70 (max bonus you can get and should be easy to archive with a good right QL alter 100 alignment and no cloth) and difficulty to 60.

It will project you the results and give you a estimation what you can expect. Things shatter if the negative value is higher than the QL and take dmg if its more than 1/3 of the QL.

I start with CoC and WoA around the 30s but mostly because we had no other Vyn priest and even mediocre 20+ cast was better than no casts.

Basic rule of thumb I use for this is Chaneling-10 is what you can get quite easy and is to expect after 5 Casts. Casts in the same height as your Channeling will need some effort and maybe a lot of sacrifices.

For Item Ql you will shatter everything that is under QL 80 with your current skill. Basically you could say for every 10 Changeling skill you can go down 10QL points in needed QL to be not too afraid of shattering (it will still happen rip rare long sword QL 80).

That are some general observations but for really accurate statement use the Grinder I link at the start if you need a more informed guess.

Edited by Radircs
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information, appreciate it. I will probably have to work on channelling to grind it into the high 30s then before I start doing these casts. I would struggle to improve tools to 80s right now, I would get around 40 at best as i've only been playing about 6 weeks. Something I forgot to ask what kind of things would I sacrifice to gain more favour again?

Vyn prist generate double favor from wood and pottery items. There for you look for items that don't need improving for high QL (since the priest cant improve on its own and it consumes unnecessary time) and have a good base value of this type.

One of the easiest but a bit hard to storage methods are pottery bricks. (Hard to storage since the Value scales quadratic not linear with QL you don't want to even them out in a BSB if it's not necessary)

They can' t fall under a Ql of 20 if the clay is above 20 and your pottery skill is above 20 what mean that every brick will give you at lest one favor. Clay is an easy resource to gether in large quanteties with 5gk/brick you need 2,5 digging action and one creating action, so they are pretty time efficient to (I will not count the burning since this is just inventory shifting and the one time you fule the kiln)

Other great sacing items are Yoyos but high QL wood is often harder to come by. But the wight and storage is a lot easier to handle than bricks. At last there are torches. They are good to but in my opinion the hardest to pull off and only should be done if the others are not an option for some reason. You can counter bad wood Ql with good Ql of the other material so you don't need as high woodcutting like with Yoyos but then you need to still a high digging skill that you can also go for pottery bricks.

An always possible alternative are locks. Yes only Mag follower get double favor from it but larger tunnel projects will often run into a surplus of mid range Ql iron that is nice but not great. This is perfect lock material. If you want to sac locks use door locks since they give the same Favor/Ql then the other locks and cost the least material. A rare anvil to boost the Ql helps to in spacial one that have some CoC on it would be great to since locksmithing is a creation only Job and there for is hard to skill.

If you strugel to get a Item in hight enough QL don´t bother with imping it befor enchanting. Just go for mass and hope of the odd good role that you can have even at low skill.

Edited by Radircs
  • Like 1

Thank you very much that is very helpful to me. I will certainly do those things then.

Cordage rope is another item that is good for sacrificing, requires some ropemaking skill before it is efficient and farming too. It is easier to grind ropemaking on a non priest by imping net traps and you will want a reasonable skill level before you will start go get good amounts of favor (50-70 skill). Otherwise squares of cloth give a reasonable amount of favor, even for vyn despite being fo's saccing preference, if you have cloth tailoring and farming skill. With saccing the key is ql, the amount of favor scales greatly with ql.

• Like 1