Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

Teasymarker house in front of my deed

Whoever build 2 tile house named Teasymarker in front of my deed on the waterfront i would like it removed pls. Location is Castle Kochinac G8.

If anyone knows something about the owner information is much apreciated.

I don't know to what purpose is this done, but i find it very rude to do so right on edge of someones perimiter without consulting him.

Thanks

I hate to say it but Skatyna's right.  It's not on your deed, not even on the perimeter around your deed, they can build there if they want.

Of course, courtesy would have been to talk first, but likewise you could start with why instead of with remove it.

Kochinac. I am sorry to hear of this. It happened to me once so I can appreciate the angst that you feel. 

If it is any consolation to you, the deed that was placed perimeter to perimeter with mine has now fallen- there is hope!

Possibly a friendly chat and an offer to help them build their little home further away from your place may form a solution? I wish you luck with your attempt to sort the problem out.

• Like 1

Yeah it sucks, but you Kochinac  you have 1 tile shaks all over deli and now you complain

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kochinac said:

Whoever build 2 tile house named Teasymarker in front of my deed on the waterfront i would like it removed pls. Location is Castle Kochinac G8.

If anyone knows something about the owner information is much apreciated.

I don't know to what purpose is this done, but i find it very rude to do so right on edge of someones perimiter without consulting him.

Thanks

Move your perimeter over this house, they will not be able to repair it and it will decay. 

4 hours ago, Canis said:

Yeah it sucks, but you Kochinac  you have 1 tile shaks all over deli and now you complain

Probably forgoten from when looting fallen deeds or something simmilar, if its in anyones way would gladly remove it :) 

What is the name of the structure and where is it?

Edited by kochinac

51 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Probably forgoten from when looting fallen deeds or something simmilar, if its in anyones way would gladly remove it :) 

What is the name of the structure and where is it?

you could be proactive and Manage your buildings and see which ones are not on your current deed and just destroy all the others. I mean, since you're complaining about a house being an eyesore and all...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaletheGood said:

you could be proactive and Manage your buildings and see which ones are not on your current deed and just destroy all the others. I mean, since you're complaining about a house being an eyesore and all...

already did that, question was in case i missed some

8 hours ago, Platyna said:

Move your perimeter over this house, they will not be able to repair it and it will decay. 

Or.... communicate.

Passive aggressive behaviour begets passive aggressive behaviour.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Or.... communicate.

Passive aggressive behaviour begets passive aggressive behaviour.

It is not passive aggressive behaviour if the house is abandoned. 

15 hours ago, Platyna said:

Ur solution is passive aggressive imo, even system lets do this ofc.

Kochinac, did you check tracks around?

What I fail to understand is why houses, as well as bridges, are that anonymous. There is a maker tag on most items, and a maker and owner tag on all vehicles and ships, also branding and caring are visible on animals.

Of course, malevolent creators may always use an alt. But not really a makeshift alt, at least not with masonry structures due to minimum skill requirement. No non malevolent creator would have reasons to object, on contrary, it could be helpful if requests to demolish, transfer ownership, grant access or management permissions etc. could be directed to the creator or owner.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Platyna said:

But you said "they will not be able to repair it" implying taking the action without consideration as to abandonment.   The fact is the major problem the OP seems to have with the building is that they can see it even though it is not on their deed or the perimeter around their deed.  Per the game mechanics and rules, the builder has every right to build there, and annexing their building just to destroy it could well be considered griefing.

4 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

But you said "they will not be able to repair it" implying taking the action without consideration as to abandonment.   The fact is the major problem the OP seems to have with the building is that they can see it even though it is not on their deed or the perimeter around their deed.  Per the game mechanics and rules, the builder has every right to build there, and annexing their building just to destroy it could well be considered griefing.

No, extending a deed so that any structure gets into perimeter (max 2 tiles) certainly is not considered griefing. Similarly, creating houses is not griefing. Certainly, conflicts may arise out of both kinds of actions. And it is advisable to contact owners of a deed or a structure before erecting the structure close to a deed, or extending a deed so that the structure gets into perimeter. 

Other than with houses, deeds are not anonymous. The mayor can be seen on the deed token, and is documented on Niarja. Erecting a structure close to settlements without contacting the locals is rude or at least inconsiderate if such contact is possible.

9 hours ago, Ekcin said:

No, extending a deed so that any structure gets into perimeter (max 2 tiles) certainly is not considered griefing. Similarly, creating houses is not griefing. Certainly, conflicts may arise out of both kinds of actions.

This goes back to the perennial discussion around motives.  It makes no sense to me that because the game mechanics allow it, creating buildings or extending deeds/perimeters specifically to impede another player is not considered griefing.  I forget that even if someone explicitly states that what they are doing is for the purpose of of stopping or undoing another's activity in the game The Masters will give it a pass.  (A bit like I forget that personal attacks are specifically allowed by GMs under the ambit of "your reputation is yours", because nobody ever indulged in character assassination on the internet).

Anonymous houses are indeed a major problem.  Communication is key, but how do you communicated with the builder of an off-deed house if you can't even discover their identity?