Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

"Guards?" Local chat tab command

Cause tower guards to move to gather around the speaker.

• Like 1

Why?

Edit:  Have you got their dinner?  😉

Edited by TheTrickster
For Thief fans

You can just set it to a keybind :) 

Edited by Gawain

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

You can just set it to a keybind :) 

I don't think the OP was about "Guards!" to attack a target but "Guards?" to call them around you.

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I don't think the OP was about "Guards!" to attack a target but "Guards?" to call them around you.

Correct

9 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Why?

I'm taking it as a positive sign, that you merely can't see an application for it as yet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drayka said:

Correct

I'm taking it as a positive sign, that you merely can't see an application for it as yet.

Yes, I am genuinely asking why.  I want to know what your reasoning is for this; what you want to achieve by it.

26 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Yes, I am genuinely asking why.  I want to know what your reasoning is for this; what you want to achieve by it.

One example could be that normally guards can be quite far away from each other so if you want to fight a monster or lure a monster towards them, you normally have to run around in circles before the guards finally hit the beast and stop it following you.

If you could gather all of the guards together into one spot/tile then you could lure a monster around to where all of the guards are gathered, say the word "guards!" and then two guards would auto jump onto the monster right away.   Since the guard command calls two random guards over to the monster. If they are all gathered together then any two guards will auto attack it right away with no running around.

You can always do this anyway with a weaker monster already but.....eh.....options?

Another use could be roleplaying.  Calling the guards over to you but er.....roleplaying is much better with real people then just yourself.....

Another use could be screenshots maybe...yeah....

Edited by Zexos
  • Like 2

Guards responds in groups of 2 to get all to attack you need at least 3 calls with a short delay within each call.

The target have to be within range of the Tower 20 tiles, you can be further away and target a hostile near a guard Tower and do the call.

The problem can be if the first group that responds is stucked often in caves the next call still alerts the stucked pair.

Mine doors should prevent them from entering caves .

I understand your suggestion , would be nice have some kind of call if you within range of the Guard Tower all 5 gathers around you no matter where they are.

Tower guards can wander away from their tower , and that can also be a reason some thinks they bugged when you call , because there is no Guard tower near only a tower guard.

hmm, would this bring guards out of mines?

It would be worth doing even if that was the ONLY thing it did.  Call the guards together, and any who are blocked respawn at the tower or something. 

• Like 1