Sign in to follow this  
Nytician

Everstead - (Retired - See Final Post)

Evening all!

Some of you may know me, I played Wurm Online from 2008 and then more recently Wurm Unlimited. :)

In short after years of playing games, like Wurm, The Sims, Minecraft, Ark etc all the same kind of genres I decided that I'd like to give it a go at making my own. So I want to present the teaser trailer to my new project 'Everstead'.

Been working on it for about 2.5 months now and starting to taking shape gradually.

Everstead Teaser Trailer

giphy.gif

FEATURES:

-Explore the world of Prosperity and survive in its environment.

-Construct buildings to enhance your world and progress from just surviving to thriving!

-Collect Prosperity fragments around the world which give a variety of perks to your character.

-Manage a variety of simulated player stats (Hunger, Thirst, Energy, Joy, Health etc)

So yeah early days and in the new year or towards the end of this horrible one I'm hoping to start doing development logs on my YouTube, be cool if you guys could give it a moment of your time.

I appreciate not everyone will like the simulation theme but hopefully I can offer something a bit fresh doing survival with simulation, and trying to offer creative options for players to make their mark on the world.

Thanks for your time.

Have a safe end of the year!

Nytician.

Edited by Nytician
changed title
  • Like 4

Hey Sklo! I think we used to play WO at the same time, used to be called 'Timecatcher' but anyhoo, your question:

I use the Godot engine :), I like coding from scratch but with 3D there's no point in reinventing the wheel. Love what you've achieved with your WU server by the way!

Nyt.

Anyone who has the talent, drive and creative ability to create games like these has my total respect.

I will keep 'popping in' to hopefully hear news of you new world and how it evolves. I feel sure that the development will not be smooth or straight-forward but just keep flattening any bugs that you come across and keep moving forward.

Good luck with your dream!

• Like 1

Hah thanks really appreciate that! I guess we all have different interests but hopefully it will appeal to a few!

My current action plan is to keep working on it each day and see how it comes together in the long run and hopefully when I release a test version people will no doubt give feedback on their experiences etc :).

Thanks for your time!

Nyt.

1 hour ago, Nytician said:

Hah thanks really appreciate that! I guess we all have different interests but hopefully it will appeal to a few!

My current action plan is to keep working on it each day and see how it comes together in the long run and hopefully when I release a test version people will no doubt give feedback on their experiences etc :).

Thanks for your time!

Nyt.

Interesting never heard of that one.

Thank you, I can remember the name Timecatcher but not sure where and when we met.

I really like your project, always impressive to see some new good ideas growing.

• Like 1

Yeah same ;), I think Exodus springs to mind as my longest standing server account but not sure. Thanks for checking this out though, and your comments :). All the best with the future of Sklotopolis!

Nyt.

Good job Nytician, always love seeing hobby games. Keep it up and enjoy doing it!

Edited by neopherus
Moderation edit
  • Like 2

Hey just logged in to see your responses, thanks really appreciate it! :) And thank you also whoever deleted that message from that guy! More than open to constructive criticism but that wasn’t that! :D I love Wurm and have spent many years playing, just decided to try my own stuff that’s all. Thanks again! :) Will try to update the post from time to time.

• Like 3

Good evening everyone!

I'm really excited to announce that I finally have the first Alpha Demo build available for download!

Many, many hours of work to get to this point but I'm hoping it might provide something fun for a few people and would love it if you get a chance to try it!

Thanks for your support!

Everstead by Everstead Game (itch.io)

Everstead-Splash.png

Edited by Nytician
  • Like 1

Congratulations!

It is one thing to have a dream, but to have the ability and drive to actually do something about it is impressive.

Continued good luck!

• Like 1

Hah thanks for that Spolmit! Yeah its not perfect but its reached one goal so I'm pleased about that :). Thanks again!

Well just a quick update for anyone who is interested, I have decided to take the project offline, really greatful for the support and kind words and I'm continuing to work on it but just getting stressed keeping up with social media etc and need to just refocus things!

Thanks again, all the best.

Nytician.

Nytician,  Sorry to hear about the stress.  For me, what's most important is that I continue to make progress on my game.  I share that progress only when I am able to do so.  I have to force myself to have the mind-set that I do not owe anyone anything at this point.  In the long run, it benefits everyone and keeps me focused on my goal.

Hang in there.

Eyesgood

• Like 1

Thanks mate, yeah I'm still working on the game just not posting online anymore. Hoping to upload the final build of Everstead as an open source project for anyone who wants it but moving on to just work on it for friends and family.

Nyt.