goemo

Can something be done about the super breeders?

Recommended Posts

Like noone needs 500+ animals on his deeds. Wildlife is gone mobs are gone. More and more people quit because of that. I see it more and more in chat.

 

Iam fine i got my horses i got my FS but others really suffer. People quit over this and the game suffers. Just because you put a grand into the game shouldnt give you control over all animal/mob spawns on the island.

 

If this game wants to keep a Healthy Population there should be something done about this. If this continues it will slowly trickle down to being able to pay for the servers and thats about it.

 

This is in Dev´s hands.  

 

Edit : I would find a CAP for animals on a deed the best solution. Max 50 animals per deed total. If people want to get around that with multiple small deeds and alts warn and if continued kill their animals via GM. I get even that you want to breed a lot of them but not at the cost if eliminating all wildlife even mobs.

 

 

Edit 2 : Thanks for moving it to the correct subforum iam a bit overwhelmed what is where and so on :D

Edited by goemo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, goemo said:

Like noone needs 500+ animals on his deeds. Wildlife is gone mobs are gone. More and more people quit because of that. I see it more and more in chat.

 

Iam fine i got my horses i got my FS but others really suffer. People quit over this and the game suffers. Just because you put a grand into the game shouldnt give you control over all animal/mob spawns on the island.

 

If this game wants to keep a Healthy Population there should be something done about this. If this continues it will slowly trickle down to being able to pay for the servers and thats about it.

 

This is in Dev´s hands.  

 

Edit : I would find a CAP for animals on a deed the best solution. Max 50 animals per deed total. If people want to get around that with multiple small deeds and alts warn and if continued kill their animals via GM. I get even that you want to breed a lot of them but not at the cost if eliminating all wildlife even mobs.

 

 

Stables....

 

just like chickens can go into a coop, why not have a building that can house sheep, cows, horses and remove them from the server load ( would be just text then ) to free up more spawns.

 

not the best fix I know, but anything to help spawns for people is a must imo,

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Badvoc said:

 

 

Stables....

 

just like chickens can go into a coop, why not have a building that can house sheep, cows, horses and remove them from the server load ( would be just text then ) to free up more spawns.

 

not the best fix I know, but anything to help spawns for people is a must imo,

Thats acutally also a good idea. People could still breed like crazy and slots would still be free. On deed animals have to be put in stables where they become an item or they aged very quickly. Something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't speak Java to dissect the code my self but i did ask the question and different people answer differently.

Can we get a confirmation if animals on deed or branded or cared for or any combination of any variables take them out of the total mob count on the server?

If they remain in the total count forever then i see it should/could be addressed (even by increasing the max numbers per server).

If they don't, this might be a non-issue because then branded or bred in captivity have nothing to do with number of mobs available in the wild and the issue is elsewhere?

 

Anyone with more knowledge care to weigh in?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice idea, I can't get a horse then take away horses from those who got them. I have a ranch, and as on any ranch, there are a lot of animals, and I see a lot of wild horses spawning around. Wurm Animal Ratio is already absurdly high, to keep 500 animals on deed you need to have a size of minimum 87X87 (7569 tiles), that costs 76s to create and 15s a month to keep. All you do will make people to make multiple deeds, and then you will complain that there is no land to deed, or put a horde of GMs and make FI an Orwellian police state.

 

You can also buy horses from players, Wurm is one of MMORPGs where getting a horse is the easiest thing to do. 

 

The other option is to move to SFI, you people picked up the most populated cluster so of course that certain limited resources will be scarce.

 

Both IRL and in MMORPG, Robin Hood style actions never end well. 

 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Nice idea, I can't get a horse then take away horses from those who got them. I have a ranch, and as on any ranch, there are a lot of animals, and I see a lot of wild horses spawning around. Wurm Animal Ratio is already absurdly high, to keep 500 animals on deed you need to have a size of minimum 87X87 (7569 tiles), that costs 76s to create and 15s a month to keep. All you do will make people to make multiple deeds, and then you will complain that there is no land to deed, or put a horde of GMs and make FI an Orwellian police state.

 

You can also buy horses from players, Wurm is one of MMORPGs where getting a horse is the easiest thing to do. 

 

The other option is to move to SFI, you people picked up the most populated cluster so of course that certain limited resources will be scarce.

 

Both IRL and in MMORPG, Robin Hood style actions never end well. 

 

Did you read my edit i made then i started this thread? That instanly answers you multiple deed issue.

 

And yes take horses away from people that breed more than they can use/sell to not punish people that have a. been later than you in the game and b. have less of an income and cant afford silver from the store so they can afford these size of deeds. People already made suggestions how to fix this without you loosing all your animals aswell. 

 

So if you would kindly stop twisting what this thread is going about that would be greatly appreciated. 

 

And there is only 1 ressource scarce.. thats wild animals and mobs... and why is that ? 10 people with big wallets that have breed 500 animals each. For no good reason besides "i want to be a monopol and dont care about anyone but me".

 

How about breeding good horses and make your farm that way ? Wait that would mean you have to put effort into wurm..you know the game where everything is gained through A LOT OF EFFORT.

Edited by goemo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goemo said:

Did you read my edit i made then i started this thread? That instanly answers you multiple deed issue.

 

I did, and it doesn't, it will create an absurd police state. 

 

4 minutes ago, goemo said:

And yes take horses away from people that breed more than they can use/sell to not punish people that have a. been later than you in the game and b. have less of an income and cant afford silver from the store so they can afford these size of deeds. People already made suggestions how to fix this without you loosing all your animals aswell. 

 

This is what we call playing the game...there is a horse, first come, first served. Later than me? I do play this game 8 months, and I do not complain there are people richer than me and I do not call the administration to make them equally poor as I am. I do compete with them on a free market. You are more than welcome to join us on SFI - a lot of land to take, a lot of animals, nice prices, PMK stuff, uber weapons and armour, come and get it. 🙂 

 

7 minutes ago, goemo said:

So if you would kindly stop twisting what this thread is going about that would be greatly appreciated. 

 

I wonder where exactly did I twist anything you said.

 

7 minutes ago, goemo said:

And there is only 1 ressource scarce.. thats wild animals and mobs... and why is that ? 10 people with big wallets that have breed 500 animals each. For no good reason besides "i want to be a monopol and dont care about anyone but me".

 

They do care, they breed horses, and they sell them, buy or offer some services in exchange to get a pair or two of horses and then start breeding them yourself.

 

9 minutes ago, goemo said:

How about breeding good horses and make your farm that way ? Wait that would mean you have to put effort into wurm..you know the game where everything is gained through A LOT OF EFFORT.

 

How about instead of calling for a police state and dekulakization of the successful and wealthy breeders you would communicate with them and make some nice deal to get the horses from them? Even new players can be of useful service. Exactly, in Wurm everything is gained through a lot of effort, so do not complain that you can't have an instant gratification. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Platyna said:

 

I did, and it doesn't, it will create an absurd police state. 

 

 

This is what we call playing the game...there is a horse, first come, first served. Later than me? I do play this game 8 months, and I do not complain there are people richer than me and I do not call the administration to make them equally poor as I am. I do compete with them on a free market. You are more than welcome to join us on SFI - a lot of land to take, a lot of animals, nice prices, PMK stuff, uber weapons and armour, come and get it. 🙂 

 

 

I wonder where exactly did I twist anything you said.

 

 

They do care, they breed horses, and they sell them, buy or offer some services in exchange to get a pair or two of horses and then start breeding them yourself.

 

 

How about instead of calling for a police state and dekulakization of the successful and wealthy breeders you would communicate with them and make some nice deal to get the horses from them? Even new players can be of useful service. Exactly, in Wurm everything is gained through a lot of effort, so do not complain that you can't have an instant gratification. 

Or how about we change that and the server pop doesnt shrink down to nothing again. I can tell you the dev´s actually want to make money of this game and iam giving feedback what people drives away. 

 

You exaggerate to much. But thanks for your intput. Who could have though someone having so many animals doesnt want it to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Platyna said:

 

How about instead of calling for a police state and dekulakization of the successful and wealthy breeders you would communicate with them and make some nice deal to get the horses from them? Even new players can be of useful service. Exactly, in Wurm everything is gained through a lot of effort, so do not complain that you can't have an instant gratification. 

 

3 hours ago, goemo said:

Iam fine i got my horses i got my FS but others really suffer. People quit over this and the game suffers.

^ did you miss this part perhaps?

OP is fine and has the horses. It's the new player who might not be vocal about it, might not be comfortable to speak english, might have many reasons to try to do it on their own. They find themself in a situation where they simply can't get a horse because there are barely any in the wild.

 

Now, go tell every introverted newbie who would love to play the game but gave up after having to drag their cart for miles, died multiple times because of that as well, that they should move to SFI. It's a quest i award you, report with the results next week.

 

This isn't about you or me or OP, we all have all the horses we need and more.

It's about the new player who can't find a wild horse to save his life.

 

This is an issue which needs addressing, not necessarily by limiting the number of animals we can have but something to look in to.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving people instant gratification just to keep them here will not keep them here. Wurm is for people who are patient and do not expect to have everything at once. This Wurm's niche, if you give everything to everyone at once just to please them, those who will have everything quick will quit and those who loved the Wurm for its slow pace system will get angry and also quit, and no one will be left. When I started to play it took me like 5 months to get ANY profit from my animals, until that it was just expenses. Wurm is not Wow. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Platyna said:

Giving people instant gratification just to keep them here will not keep them here. Wurm is for people who are patient and do not expect to have everything at once. This Wurm's niche, if you give everything to everyone at once just to please them, those who will have everything quick will quit and those who loved the Wurm for its slow pace system will get angry and also quit, and no one will be left. When I started to play it took me like 5 months to get ANY profit from my animals, until that it was just expenses. Wurm is not Wow. 

Yeah but its not that suddenly a horse will appear in your deed when we still have wild animals and mobs. You still need ropes/deed/build a fence and all that stuff. I just liked how it was a month ago.. you maybe had to look for a few hours but you found horses. Also lots of dangers out there monsters. Now its empty. I see people talk less and less. More and more getting annoyed that they have issues because of that aswell. The reason i made this whole thread even comes from there.

 

One very patient and new guy was very angry he was trying to get 2 bulls for his cart at least and had to venture far to search for them. In that time he ran late for bed for the next day ( not even finding some ) he died on the way searching for horses. Because he had no deed and his tent decayed he respawned in sonata. Had to search his stuff for way longer than he wanted. All simply because of this issue. 

 

Name me anything that would be an issue limiting super breeders besides them losing a monopol ? Also were only talking about a handfull of people. Doest it become a bad game because of this ? 

 

I see no reason besides mild inconvienience for a very small portion of the community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen "free horses" ads on the forums from all three NFI servers.  However they are not necessarily that easy to spot since they are buried amid the clutter in Merchant Ads or Want to Sell.  Perhaps a new board called Free Stuff (or even Free Horses) under NFI Market might make it easier for people to find out about these offers.

 

And since it might be difficult for new players to travel to the deeds that are offering free animals, I wonder if there might be some way to set up an area in or near the start towns where folks could deposit animals that need a new home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Minnie said:

I have seen "free horses" ads on the forums from all three NFI servers.  However they are not necessarily that easy to spot since they are buried amid the clutter in Merchant Ads or Want to Sell.  Perhaps a new board called Free Stuff (or even Free Horses) under NFI Market might make it easier for people to find out about these offers.

 

And since it might be difficult for new players to travel to the deeds that are offering free animals, I wonder if there might be some way to set up an area in or near the start towns where folks could deposit animals that need a new home.

Yeah thats one of the issues. I told a lot of people they can have free horses from my deed ( just need to breed them because i dont have many ) but for most of the new people its impossible to reach me or takes multiple hours. Its sadly not as easy as it seems like "just buy them cheap".

 

What most people want is just having wildlife and a chance at grinding your own fighting up or finding your own horse. I think thats not much to ask for. Nobody in wurm wants stuff handed to him aswell. Or hardly anyone does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travelling to find or exchange items also one of important aspect of Wurm, I travelled 10k tiles to buy my wagon, people travel 4500 tiles to bring me materials, so I can make items for them or to get free horses, or to get converted or to get a terraforming tutorial, I got lost several times and wandered the lands for days, it usually ended with finding amazing items or nice spots to do various things, including veins, monster spawns, bushes to get sprouts from etc. etc. What you are complaining is Wurm being amazing. You don't have all these vast amazing lands to sit your butt on or around your deed all the time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Travelling to find or exchange items also one of important aspect of Wurm, I travelled 10k tiles to buy my wagon, people travel 4500 tiles to bring me materials, so I can make items for them or to get free horses, or to get converted or to get a terraforming tutorial, I got lost several times and wandered the lands for days, it usually ended with finding amazing items or nice spots to do various things, including veins, monster spawns, bushes to get sprouts from etc. etc. What you are complaining is Wurm being amazing. You don't have all these vast amazing lands to sit your butt on or around your deed all the time. 

So how does having wild animals stop anything what you described? I would even say this creates more of what you describe. Now even people that dont buy silver right away in the shop have reasons to travel the land and encounter what your describe. Also the monster spawns you find actually spawn monsters and you have to find alternative routes or people to help you along your amazing wurm journey.

Edited by goemo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I not against you having wild animals, I am against you being against people having them. They caught them, they are theirs. You want horses - travel, or buy, find or whatever - to get a horse is an element of the game, play the game instead of calling for administrators to remove things from other players, ruin their game play and bring the GM persecution upon them. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Platyna said:

I not against you having wild animals, I am against you being against people having them. They caught them, they are theirs. You want horses - travel, or buy, find or whatever - to get a horse is an element of the game, play the game instead of calling for administrators to remove things from other players, ruin their game play and bring the GM persecution upon them. 

Thats not what i said though what i said is

 

Edit : I would find a CAP for animals on a deed the best solution. Max 50 animals per deed total. If people want to get around that with multiple small deeds and alts warn and if continued kill their animals via GM. I get even that you want to breed a lot of them but not at the cost if eliminating all wildlife even mobs. 

 

A edit i made right at the beginning talking about people trying to bypass the cap via making multiple small deeds via alts. Introduce the cap... let the overcap animals die of old age. If they try to prevent it via making 500 alts and care for all of them the GM action would apply aswell.

Edited by goemo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friendly bunch, these northerners.  Reminds me why I haven't logged in on Cadence lately.  Although, I bet if I did, I would find a ton of animals, like every other time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Minnie said:

I have seen "free horses" ads on the forums from all three NFI servers.  However they are not necessarily that easy to spot since they are buried amid the clutter in Merchant Ads or Want to Sell.  Perhaps a new board called Free Stuff (or even Free Horses) under NFI Market might make it easier for people to find out about these offers.

 

And since it might be difficult for new players to travel to the deeds that are offering free animals, I wonder if there might be some way to set up an area in or near the start towns where folks could deposit animals that need a new home.

Yep, I gave up trying to give away horses on Cadence and just stopped catching them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird, these evil super breeders you're talking about seem to be the ones I see DAILY giving away horses. Don't be lazy. Your attitude about the whole thing sucks and is going to turn away any support you may have gained.

 

Like, GM kill someones horses? Get out of here dude. This is the wrong game for you.

Edited by HerbalMentat
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like someone doesn't know what is involved in breeding the best horses.
good luck getting a 5 speed without breeding a few hundred lousy ones first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Azgodeth said:

sounds like someone doesn't know what is involved in breeding the best horses.
good luck getting a 5 speed without breeding a few hundred lousy ones first.

And killing the lousy ones so wildlife and mobs are still spawning is not an option ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HerbalMentat said:

Weird, these evil super breeders you're talking about seem to be the ones I see DAILY giving away horses. Don't be lazy. Your attitude about the whole thing sucks and is going to turn away any support you may have gained.

 

Like, GM kill someones horses? Get out of here dude. This is the wrong game for you.

Does anyone even bother to read what iam writing ? Iam talking about IF there will be a tighter limit on deed animal caps AND people try to bypass it via multiple small deeds THEN a gm could interfere. 

 

Also i said I have my animals i have no issues with it.. but i dont want to repeat my first text explaining literally everything because you are to lazy to actually read it. You just saw GM killing horses and started typing away. 

 

Like is it so much to ask for a system were there is still wildlife ? Iam not only talking about horses anyway and everyone against it is trying to make it about horses only.

Edited by goemo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems the op is getting bashed for stating the fact that mob spawns are a bit wonky on the north servers, is a known fact new players have had a problem with levelling FS and finding some wild animals, the reason why the devs have tried 3 fixes the last couple of months. With the fall of deeds I would expect the spawns to improve, I know on Melody things have started to improve.

 

It's also fine saying giving horses away is a fix and if its just for a ride thats fine, but the lack of wild critters at low level has caused some issues for new players in early fight skill gain.

 

 

Edited by Badvoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved to suggestions. Also, please keep it civil :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now