Sign in to follow this  
goemo

Can something be done about the super breeders?

17 hours ago, Ngin said:

How about give an option to subscribed players to have a one time summon horse just like teleportation ?

On 12/4/2020 at 1:40 AM, TheTrickster said:

Regarding, "Can something be done about the super breeders?"

It's a called a burdizzo.

That is really not a bad idea, IRL horses, are castrated because they are more calm and live longer. It is done on male horses (castrated horse is called a gelding), donkeys, mules etc. because for females it is a complicated and expensive operation, while for stallions it is something easy to do. So, if one of high AH would perform the procedure the result would be removal of OA trait, or maybe make a mob, such as a bear non-aggressive or make the animal live longer. I know that for some people, especially men the perspective of the cojones being tampered with is horrid, but animal breeders do this often.

Edited by Platyna

On 12/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, Ngin said:

How about give an option to subscribed players to have a one time summon horse just like teleportation ?

-1 you can't even ride a horse when you first start. 

All of the problems the OP listed were once problems on Indy as well.  Then they opened new servers and fixed spawn rates and problem solved.  So the problem as some others have suggested is not too many horses in pens it is too many deeds restricting the areas that horses and other animals can spawn while demand for them is also very high so they are getting scooped up as fast as they spawn. 

By not thinking your choice through  You chose to go to most crowded servers with most limited resources so this is a problem you chose to take on whether you knew it or not. 

Also not all animals spawn all the time right now Deli is covered with horses but no Bison, a few months ago it was the opposite and the number of deeds has changed very little the number of hoses penned has also changed very little. So your proposed 'solution' would do nothing at all to solve the problem except maybe by making the people who spend the most on the game quit giving more room to the FTP players who while welcome do not contribute to maintenance and improvement of the game.  IOW your solution would eventually make more horses available on a server of minimum deeds if any which would eventually get abandoned by the game staff as untenable.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Katrat said:

Here is where all the horses are: 

Yes, as another who sails about a lot, I see horses in the water everywhere.  Particularly the open ocean around the outside of any given server.

• Like 3

On 12/16/2020 at 4:48 AM, Platyna said:

That is really not a bad idea, IRL horses, are castrated because they are more calm and live longer. It is done on male horses (castrated horse is called a gelding), donkeys, mules etc. because for females it is a complicated and expensive operation, while for stallions it is something easy to do. So, if one of high AH would perform the procedure the result would be removal of OA trait, or maybe make a mob, such as a bear non-aggressive or make the animal live longer. I know that for some people, especially men the perspective of the cojones being tampered with is horrid, but animal breeders do this often.

Make a HH docile, losing its aggression (but not fighting ability) and gaining some lifespan.

On 12/3/2020 at 1:59 PM, Zexos said:

Mob count: I would suggest instead either making it so that the monsters and animals are not a part of the same mob count limit.  So that monsters have their own limits. Then you only have to worry about players who hoard monsters for zoos lol  - Though normally it is champs that get hoarded.

i think this is a great idea that maybe should have its own post in suggestions,

as for the OP's idea that superbreeders are the cause of lower spawn counts is hogwash and i will say it again here as i said in game, bury your kills...read again, Bury Your KILLS. this will do more to speed up respawns than getting rid of superbreeders or big deeds. i have a huge deed around a bunch of other huge deeds but i can step off my deed on a daily basis and find both animals and monsters to kill within 50 tiles so i believe it is hogwash

• Like 1

I dont think this is necroing since it has been less than 30 days, but I came back to the game and made an account to play on NFI. Honestly to get a breeding pair of horses, all I had to do was forage until I got roughly 20 coppers(and selling some stuff to the token). I asked around and a person got me a couple of blank horses that could be bred for 20 coppers total. I mean it may not be getting the wild ones, but where there is a will, there is a way. For now though, I use em for my cart. Pretty sure many would do that so that they dont have to kill em off for not being an optimal breed.

If you get a small deed, you can get a few more horses this way and breed all the horses you want for food, fs, selling, giving away, or using for carts/wagons. This was all a few days ago btw. I still have, at the time of typing this, the newbie buffs to put it in perspective.

Edited by Zyphus
  • Like 1